Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
November 26, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 1773

do people really think this about fantasy writers????

:iconthe-vibeke:
The-Vibeke Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012
I can't believe someone would be such a jerk! Oh wait, actually I can . . . but still. It's definitely NOT AT ALL A NICE THING TO SAY.

So I haven't been on this website in a long time. I used to have my stories posted here. But I deleted them when I left. Now I am back, and so I am uploading the edited versions of my story.

Well I decide to take a break and go and look through the newest journals about fantasy. And what do I see?! Someone being an ASSHOLE, that's what.

Basically they're saying fantasy writers are ALL boring people who have no life and no creativity. WELL GUESS WHAT? Fantasy is pretty OBVIOUSLY like WAAAAAAY more creative than real life genres. I mean think about it. It's got freaking magic in it. How is that NOT creative?

How is writing about boring everyday more creative? SENSE, YOU NO MAKE IT.

Really, this is why I hate non-fantasy. They're the biggest hypocrites ever! Thinking fantasy is boring . . . uhh yeah, like two dragons fighting during a comet-storm while wizards who are sexy Valkyries riding on their backs cast lightning spells could somehow be boring.

See for yourself if you want to. But I warn you. This person is a REAL asshole. [link]

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconland-shark17:
Land-Shark17 Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
So this thread is till going, huh? I thought it died weeks ago.
The-Vibeke Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013
Well people keep posting in it.
:iconland-shark17:
Land-Shark17 Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
True. I just expected people to move on.
Also, I see you have a new icon.
The-Vibeke Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013
Yeah it reminds me of Safir, the main character from my story. You can read it in the link in my siggie. ^_^
:iconmapper3:
mapper3 Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Student General Artist
You make it easy.
:iconmotion-music:
Motion-Music Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013
fantasy is pretty great.

if you do it right.

you put pointy ears on a species and call them elf, you are doing it wrong.

science fiction writers create their own species all the time, I expect fantasy writers to at least do the same!
:iconskull123246:
skull123246 Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
They may be an asshole, but I'd take Stephen King over J.K. Rowling or Tolkien. The Towers series by him is incredible, and the ending is totally unpredictible, as is the rest of the story. It's about seven 900 page or so books, but it doesn't drag on and on about the fucking grass and the trees.:lol:
:iconninjaslug:
Ninjaslug Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I bet fucking Prosaix resurrected this piece of shit thread
:iconprosaix:
prosaix Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013
No... I didn't. Can't you see-on her sig she says she blocked me. :|
:iconninjaslug:
Ninjaslug Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I knew you resurrected it.
Add a Comment: