Closed to new replies
November 24, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 44

My pestering pets

:iconsvataben:
Svataben Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Every time I go by the fish tank, the fish stop acting... Well... Fishy, and start staring hopefully at me. Even the tiny guppy fry.
Staring, staring, staring.

The guinea pigs, of course, do more than stare. Depending on their moods, they can be counted on to stare, squee, jump around, throw themselves up against the bars of their cage like poor starving prisoners (even if they're outside it, they'll jump in to do it).
If I fail to bring them new treats, they'll grind their teeth in frustration, then demonstratively look sour as they eat some of the stuff they already have. :grump:

And right now... Right now, one of them, after having squeed, got nothing, ground her teeth, and jumped out of her cage, is now... She is alternately licking dust of the radiator, and squeeing at me, like I'm cruelly forcing her to eat dust.

Her cage is full of expensive food and the good meadow hay, and her chin is still pink from the beet I gave her earlier!
But is that good enough? No, I'm unfit! She's so neglected she's forced to eat dust. And she will make me feel her pain!

Also, I think the fact that it gets to me is a rather strong sign that I need to be locked up in a padded cell. Ah we'll, no one to stare at me in there.

Tl;dr: while all of the above is true, it's not srs.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconorangekrissy:
OrangeKrissy Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
Sounds like a good night for fillet of guppy served in a nice lemon and spice sauce. And has anyone tried the delicious guinea pig bacon? Not much meat but ohh so good.
:iconsummitstars:
summitstars Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Oh, pigs! Haha I have two of my own. They have such silly personalities sometimes. I think a lot of times they have the mentality that it's all about them. I'm one of those pig fanatics that just give in and spoil them X3
:iconpriteeboy:
priteeboy Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
My fish do the same, when I approach the tank they go "It must be feeding time!!!" and all start rushing to the top of the tank and show much more activity than they normally would :XD:

My cat acts like she is soo neglected too. She never eats the broken bits of cat biscuits in her bowl. No, when the bowl is full of shrapnel only a few hours old she demands a top-up of new food :greetings:
Svataben Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:lol: I can just imagine your cat!
:iconsapphire-ashesx:
Sapphire-Ashesx Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
Pets are so greedy and gluttonous.
:iconpenhuin:
Penhuin Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Jump into the tank and become one of them :shrug: Or you can just eat them.
Or both! :eager:
What'll you do? Turn into a shark?
Or a betta. They will happily eat guppy fry.
Sharks are better :paranoid:
:icontimmy64:
timmy64 Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
You're going to He- nah, I won't finish that.
Penhuin Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Darn :saddummy:
:icon3wyl:
3wyl Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
That's just a bit creepy. :O_o:

We have a stray cat in the house I'm staying in and.. yeah, I can sort of relate to you there. :B
The creepiest, is the extremely rare occasions where the pigs just stare quietly. Follow you with their beady black eyes as you walk by, hoping you'll bring them noms.
3wyl Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
:O_o:

Ok, that's infinitely more scary.

Don't you have some way to scare them shitless? Not that you'd do it, of course. :O
Svataben Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I just don't give them the treats they want. :lol:
3wyl Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Good on you! :la:
:iconfluffpuffgerbil:
fluffpuffgerbil Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Heh, I understand what you mean w/ your piggies. I don't have guinea pigs, but my rats act pretty darn similar.
They'll go through phases where I'll walk by my room and see them both at the bars, and when I walk up to them, they'll jump up on and climb the bars, shove each other out of the way, smash their faces against the bars, etc. xDAnd then when I don't hold them or give them treats, one usually end up getting bored and going back to bed and the other just lays on one of the platforms looking all depressed. xD

The saddest thing is right after I give them food and they ATTACK it(And I feed them everyday) and then proceed to, after they've hid all the food, act like they haven't eaten in months or something. xD Agh, these silly rats..
Rats are adorable!

I don't think I could handle their short life spans though. I'd have my heart broken at least once every two years...
I've had gerbils, hamsters, had mice for a little bit(because I bought multiple mice to feed my ball python), and rats.
Out of all of them, rats are DEFINITELY my favourite. They are so smart, loving and adorable <3
This is my second pair of rats. I was definitely upset when my first rats died, and after them I decided that I had wanted to just stick with keeping reptiles, but after awhile, I wanted to have more rats. =( So I convinced my parents to let me get more. The last two I had were both female, now I have one male(got him neutered) and one female. I'm doing things a lot differently with these rats, so hopefully they'll live longer than my last two!
Best of luck with them. At least you have pets who are smart for rodents.
G-peegs, on the other hand, have perfected the blank stare of BWUH? :lol:
Yeah, I taught my male to turn in a full circle when I move my hand in a spinning motion and say 'spin', he knows his name, and he's littler-box trained. =)If I have enough money to get another rat neutered, I want to get another male, a young one, since my current male is already over a year old.

xD Piggies are funny, my friends used to have them. My rats have perfected the stare of: Looovvveee mmeeeee O,O
:iconjeweledscarab:
JeweledScarab Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
I'm fairly convinced my chinchilla is trying to make me feel horrible for putting him in a smaller cage for the week. Not that he understand had I left in back at my apartment he wouldn't have gotten food or dust baths because everyone poofed out of existence for the holiday.

Then when I try and take him out to give him a break from his smaller cage, he runs away from me squeaking at me, and generally being a grumpy asshole. :grump:
Typical.

I rarely close the cage my pigs live in, but there was one time when I had to for a few hours (needed to be sure to be able to pick one up, who had a vet appointment.)
They will spend hours and hours, happily in their cage, but the one time I closed it, they were gnawing at the gate-bars like I had kept them there for decades.

On a side note, it WAS fun watching the one not going to the vet, when I opened again. She jumped in and out and made happy sounds and popcorn jumps into the air out of happiness.

Then she settled by the food bowl inside. INSIDE.
:iconjeweledscarab:
JeweledScarab Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
Small mammals. They're crazy creatures.

I'd leave my cage open more often but between cats, and living in a tiny cramped space with places my chinchilla can run and hide and never be found again, I have to keep him locked up.

Not that he minds. If I try to get him out for exercise you'd think I was trying to kill him. And he's so damn chubby he's gotta come out and move around sometimes.
I once had a rabbit that lived in our tv room. When we tried to take her outside in a little harness, she'd sulk, and then jump back in, when she thought we wouldn't notice.
After getting back in, she'd clean each foot carefully, getting that icky dirt off them.

She had no clue, she was supposed to live in holes in the ground, not lazing around on couches.
:iconrockstar1009:
rockstar1009 Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
My smallest dog believes that her entire mission in life is to be a teddy bear, and she's determined to achieve that goal better than any dog that ever lived. She just wants to cuddle 24/7, and the attention I pay to her is never ENOUGH. The problem is, I have to do shit from time to time that involves attention drawn from her to something like paying bills or twatting forum n00bs.

:bulletpink: Sometimes I'll be sitting in my video rocker or on the sofa with the laptop in my lap, and her cuddle instinct becomes overpowering. She'll start smacking the keyboard in an attempt to swat the laptop away and free up my lap for maximum cuddling.
:bulletpink: She'll get mouthy, growling and occasionally barking for my attention (car rides to the dog park or pet store or vet etc. are nearly impossible with her, because she'll bark every half mile, and she thinks she needs to be in my lap WHILE I'M DRIVING :no:).
:bulletpink: She will also stand in my lap with her chest in my face while I'm trying to watch TV, and each time I try to look left or right, she'll move in unison trying her hardest to block my fucking view. :stare:

But I love her. She's an awesome dog, even when her awesomeness crosses the annoying threshold. :love:
:icondivine--apathia:
divine--apathia Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
She sounds like a girl's dog :lol:
Look at me! LOOK dammit, human!
:iconcherylblanche:
CherylBlanche Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
"(even if they're outside it, they'll jump in to do it)"

:lol:
They are creatures of habit.

It isn't very motivating for me to see their round bellies push against the bars, as they claim to be near starvation.
:iconcherylblanche:
CherylBlanche Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
They're merely excited and repeating the motions that yielded them results before, not smart enough to claim starving like your vivid imagination makes it out to be.
If you know that, just making sure.
:icontheblackbullets:
TheBlackBullets Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
There's this resturant where I live where there's a huge fish tank with some big fish it. One time while I was there there was some guy sitting by the fishtank and the biggest fish was hovering over his shoulder the entire time.

I don't think he noticed.
I can just imagine.

I bet someone slipped af bit food in the tank once, and now that fish is waiting, waiting and staring.
:iconmurphysdinnerparty:
MurphysDinnerParty Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
While I sympathize you, I can't help but feel that this complaint would have been far better if it were poem and in rhyme, further demonstrating you descent into madness.
*with you
*a poem
*your
*dicksauce
Wait... who's descending into madness here? :o
Well duh, it's clearly me.
Cool. Welcome to the club! Here's your complimentary chainsaw. Now go over to that corner where ~sbkMulletMan will explain your membership benefits. :la:
(1 Reply)
:lol:
Add a Comment: