Closed to new replies
November 23, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 65

Graduation cannot come soon enough

:iconqueenofraisins:
QueenOfRaisins Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012
I am so sick of being an art major. This major has sucked the life out of me, and been a waste of money. Not only that, but if I have to look at one more anime drawing in a serious critique, I swear I'm going to rip it off the wall and into a million pieces.

MEH.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsummitstars:
summitstars Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I'm an art major too and I am so so happy that anime is never allowed. I would lose my mind if they allowed it. I've actually wanted to quit it because yes, it kinda is a waste of money. That and I go to a community college and none of my studio art credits will transfer to any university anywhere near here. I love the school but it's just a waste of time and money that I don't have.
:iconfirstxaidxkit:
FIRSTxAIDxKIT Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Professional Interface Designer
Anime is strongly discouraged at my art school, so much so that I've actually never seen it in a show, class, critique, glass case-- nothing. I consider myself QUITE lucky.
:iconkiwi-punch:
Kiwi-Punch Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Anime isn't all that bad, especially if done well...But if there are people doing bad anime art and are just being delusional, you need to report their asses to a professor who will actually get them kicked out. You could also leave feedback for the school at the end of every semester and let them know that there are people like that. Anime is not art if it's done badly; it takes YEARS to master and to even be able to do semi-decently. Cartoons are pretty much effortless, so long as you know the basics, and it will take even longer to master anything related to realism. That's just how it is.

Seriously...Don't let those terrible anime artists get away with it, dude. At least with my art, I am trying to be more expressive. :stare:
:icongoodbyemoon:
goodbyemoon Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012
"Cartoons are pretty much effortless, so long as you know the basics, and it will take even longer to master anything related to realism."

Really, I find it's the opposite. I can do realism well, but cartoon style is hard. It is very stylised and to get movement and emotion in only a simple drawing can sometimes take many redraws.
:iconkiwi-punch:
Kiwi-Punch Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Student Digital Artist
For me, it's the opposite. Realism is hard, but cartoons are easy.
:iconriseofgreenbean:
RiseofGreenBean Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
What kind of art do you study?
And you can always change fields of study.
QueenOfRaisins Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
I'm fine arts, but I've been focusing on printmaking more the past year. I don't actually have a concentration, I've tried everything my dept has to offer, haha.
:iconriseofgreenbean:
RiseofGreenBean Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012
Maybe you should look into applied arts, like advertisement design or something. That stuff is fun ^^
:iconpiratesadventure:
PiratesAdventure Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
I did a gamedesign course. We not only had a shitload of anime obsessed people, but we had people running around screaming BANKAI! :stare:

I am dead fucking serious. :iconstarewatplz:
QueenOfRaisins Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
No.

You have to be lying. D:
Add a Comment: