Me vs West Point (or College as a whole)

College applying is hard. Really hard. Especially finding one with a Corps of Cadets or something of the sort. Because I'm tossing up either considering military or, in the case an ROTC thing isn't for me, studying for something that fits me. And I'm scared for the future.

The problem is and what gets me mad/scared, is that I'm an idiot with a 2.8 GPA. Finding a good ROTC college or something will not be easy, let alone getting accepted. So I'm grumpy and I'm losing it.
Comments66
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Good luck. :B
Why thank you.
And I gotta ask how you get the permanent Premium? (It has nothing to do with the forum but more on my curiosity.)
I became a volunteer. :B
Intriguing. :O
Tyler is interested.
You can find the application at #communityrelations. :nod:
:evilwoo: Thank you!
i helped train the cadets at west point by shooting my M4 at them. they seem really smart and learn fast about being the future leaders their supposed to be. i've also seen what the actual west point campus looks like and the class they take. im pretty sure they have good courses there and training.
:O Shit.
And I've been digging in the website some and talking to a friend who's going there now, and yeah there are some decent courses.
I did not understand a word of that.

It's worth noting that your life doesn't end if you don't go to college. I'm sure over there experience is still worth more than qualification so if everything falls apart, don't even bother with college. Get some work experience down you instead. There's no reason to be scared over applying to college.
:shrug: Which is why I'm tossing up options.
I'm just saying, don't worry about it too much.
I understand that, and I still have several months and maybe taking a year off to think.
west point isn't the ONLY college with ROTC. lots of state colleges have it too, and i've seen some pretty obscure ones that have it.
I know that, and I was putting the USMA as my top priority. ^^;
ROTC sucked. The instructors called all the women thin blooded baby factories.
I wanted to punch him.
Maybe it was just your school?
I doubt that. Highly doubt that.
:shrug: I'll ask some friends of mine. I have friends in ROTC and Corps of Cadets around the country.
Good for you.
They have college in America? I thought life ended after high school. :o
It does for all the black people I know.
NOT RACIST
:lmao: And excitedly waiting to leave.