Depression and suicide

Sure if you're going through tough times and you're emotionally unstable you need help from your friends and family, but what I don't get is those certain individuals who claim they're going to suicide but take their time with it and post over 9,000 journals and whatnot complaining about how much your life sucks, that nobody can save you from yourself and whine whine whine.

That isn't crying out for help, that's attention whoring. That's being a goddamn drama queen and you seriously need to get off the internet and get some counseling.

Same thing with all those guys who complain that you're getting trolled, or that someone posted a mean thing and now you're in a fit of spiraling depression. You don't need to use every social media site as a bloody twitter page spamming us with how sad you feel. :roll:

And then when I do try to help someone, he gets all uppity, calls me a troll and hides my comment. Do you want help? Really? And you bitch in response to those who do?
:iconfacepalmplz:
Comments44
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
:la: Your icon is so fantasic.
Lol I love the "attempted suicudes"
how do you fail at failing
But if I just posted that shit on twitter, you wouldn't be so aware of my desperate need for attention and caring and nurturing and heeeeeeelp! :ohnoes:
Some just do it for attention, I'm afraid. :(
Agreed. Usually I tell them to grow up and stop whining. It annoys the hell out of me because they trivialize an issue that can actually be serious.
You ever stop and think maybe they're attention whoring because a need for attention and love is part of the reason they feel depressed in the first place? I'd say it's pretty natural, even expected, for a scared, hormonal and possibly mentally ill teenager to seek out being coddled by others. They still remember what it's like to be children and have mommy kiss their boo-boos better but now they have to grow up and suddenly being sad makes people angry at you for not toughening up instead of being sympathetic like they used to be, so they seek positive social reinforcement from internet circle-jerks.

I don't see how attention whoring is necessarily a bad thing as long as they keep it on their own page and don't like, actively advertise or hunt others down demanding to be loved or something.
It's called being emo.
I love it when people tell other people that they have been trying to 'suffocate' themselves on DA.
It's like, sir. Please.
Go get some help, or a sit and spin.
Either way,
You gtfo of the internet.
I guess they think writing it down all the time will make them feel better but it never does.
Some people enjoy wallowing in misery. If someone's really determined to off themselves then some random fucker on the internet isn't going to talk them out of it (or into it for that matter.)
Well that is the test isn`t it? Being nice to them.

Now links.
[link]

He tried three times last night apparently. :no:
Holy shit I've seen that guy on ICB.
Your telling me......, Jesus, people just...no
Generally, people who make noise about how they plan on killing themselves never do it. My mom threatens suicide every time I don't do what she wants.
And then there's social surrogacy and extreme escapism. (See bronies)
when an individual is serious about suicide, they don't tell anyone. They don't make posts seeking attention, they just do it.

All the crying about how someone wants to end their life is just a cry for help. They don't really want to die, they just want so badly to escape whatever it is they are going through.
WROOONG!
People have committed suicide on-line, in front of web-cams. Also, people often tell others about wanting to suicide, sometimes to test if even a single person gives a single crap about them.

And about seeking attention: Stop acting like it's a bad thing to want attention. Humans fucking NEED attention from other humans.
if they want attention they should stop trying to kill themselves and just socialize normally and get some psychology related help :shrug:
They should just socialize normally, eh?

Wow, it's nice to know that people with mental illnesses and traumatic families (abuse, abandonment, you name it) can just start socializing normally after you said this.

Btw, could you be more ignorant, or have you reached the outer wall by now?
Or at least get help to socialize normally, and by that I don't mean use the goddamn internet as a twitter page to update all of us with up-to-the-minute posts of how terrible your life is.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Well that may happen occasionally, but isn't the majority of cases. And if the person is testing to see if someone cares then it's not serious, it's a cry for attention and help. Them trying to see if someone gives a damn means that what they really want is someone to care, so they'll hold out looking for someone anyone to pay attention even if it's negative, and once they realize they can get it by crying wolf they'll keep doing that.

While it is true that people need attention, this is a very selfish thing to do to another human being, regardless of how alone you may feel. I used to do this a lot to people until someone actually made me see how selfish it is to try to get attention from others in this way. So just because people need attention doesn't make seeking it in this way right, it's a horrible thing to do to another person.

Also, for the most part, people who are truly serious about their own self demise will not go on to others about it before the act. They may leave something that is meant to be found after, but they aren't going to risk compromising their plan. When you actually are serious, the plan is for no one to know, or at least no one to know until after it's done.
Correction: It was *Majatek who said those last things.

My fail.