Closed to new replies
November 23, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 43

Depression and suicide

:iconmajatek:
Majatek Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Sure if you're going through tough times and you're emotionally unstable you need help from your friends and family, but what I don't get is those certain individuals who claim they're going to suicide but take their time with it and post over 9,000 journals and whatnot complaining about how much your life sucks, that nobody can save you from yourself and whine whine whine.

That isn't crying out for help, that's attention whoring. That's being a goddamn drama queen and you seriously need to get off the internet and get some counseling.

Same thing with all those guys who complain that you're getting trolled, or that someone posted a mean thing and now you're in a fit of spiraling depression. You don't need to use every social media site as a bloody twitter page spamming us with how sad you feel. :roll:

And then when I do try to help someone, he gets all uppity, calls me a troll and hides my comment. Do you want help? Really? And you bitch in response to those who do?
:iconfacepalmplz:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconthemisplacedend:
TheMisplacedEnd Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:la: Your icon is so fantasic.
:icongovernmentsweetbeef:
GovernmentSweetBeef Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Lol I love the "attempted suicudes"
how do you fail at failing
:iconkrazehkittehkat:
KrazehKittehKat Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
But if I just posted that shit on twitter, you wouldn't be so aware of my desperate need for attention and caring and nurturing and heeeeeeelp! :ohnoes:
:iconash-ketchum09:
ash-ketchum09 Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Some just do it for attention, I'm afraid. :(
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012   Digital Artist
Agreed. Usually I tell them to grow up and stop whining. It annoys the hell out of me because they trivialize an issue that can actually be serious.
:iconcindarellapop:
CindarellaPop Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
You ever stop and think maybe they're attention whoring because a need for attention and love is part of the reason they feel depressed in the first place? I'd say it's pretty natural, even expected, for a scared, hormonal and possibly mentally ill teenager to seek out being coddled by others. They still remember what it's like to be children and have mommy kiss their boo-boos better but now they have to grow up and suddenly being sad makes people angry at you for not toughening up instead of being sympathetic like they used to be, so they seek positive social reinforcement from internet circle-jerks.

I don't see how attention whoring is necessarily a bad thing as long as they keep it on their own page and don't like, actively advertise or hunt others down demanding to be loved or something.
:iconredmarlin:
redmarlin Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012
It's called being emo.
:iconalxias:
Alxias Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I love it when people tell other people that they have been trying to 'suffocate' themselves on DA.
It's like, sir. Please.
Go get some help, or a sit and spin.
Either way,
You gtfo of the internet.
:iconsapphire-ashesx:
Sapphire-Ashesx Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012
I guess they think writing it down all the time will make them feel better but it never does.
:iconcleverzed:
Cleverzed Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Some people enjoy wallowing in misery. If someone's really determined to off themselves then some random fucker on the internet isn't going to talk them out of it (or into it for that matter.)
Add a Comment: