Closed to new replies
November 21, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 212

Anti-theist pricks

:iconkinoc-kun:
Kinoc-Kun Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Let's get one thing clear, this isn't pointed at atheists or agnostics, who believe either there is no God or are unsure of the existence of one.

This is about the people who claim all religious people practice hate. We don't.

I used to hate atheists, but I like to think I'm past that now. What I don't like are people who constantly try to belittle any and all religious beliefs and try to make themselves smarter in the process.

This is Tennessee, just because you're an anti-theist living in the south doesn't mean you're smarter than everyone else.

Just means you're part of the small-minded community you so greatly despise. Congrats!

TL;DR: Everyone has beliefs, tolerate them or move to Sweden or something.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconvanhir:
Vanhir Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Militant atheists are often just as bad as militant theists.
:icontheleaveshaveeyes:
theleaveshaveeyes Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Professional Photographer
Don't you know? They're goddamned ENLIGHTENED and you should lick their buttholes to obtain a shred of their wisdom!

I too live in Tennessee :dummy:
:iconmoroaica:
Moroaica Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012
Really, if you think about it, they're doing the EXACT SAME THING as the people they claim are the "bad ones". Anti-theism is just like Fundamentalism. Same douchbagerry, different name.
:iconi-stamp:
i-stamp Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012
And less, you know, voting away minority rights or making people who do things your beliefs don't mesh with second-class citizens.
:iconmoroaica:
Moroaica Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012
Should be noted that not every single religion does that.
:iconi-stamp:
i-stamp Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012
No, and most people who are called 'anti-theists' aren't against every single religion. Hell not even every single religion is theistic. But when people say 'anti-theistic' what they usually really mean is anti-Christian. And Christianity does have that history.
:iconpsowill:
PSOWILL Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012
Welcome to DA where if you're not in the popular crowd you get shunned. :lol: I'll make the popcorn.
:iconbabylonsabby:
BabylonSabby Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Student General Artist
Preeettty much. If you have a million page views and you're a sell out, making money off commissions that are just flooding your inbox, people aren't going to give you crap. You can say anything and get away with it. But God forbid you're not as well known and you say the wrong thing. Come to think of it, that's just the Internet in general. Not just Deviantart.
PSOWILL Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
:nod: True.
Kinoc-Kun Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Extra butter, please? :)
:iconkell0x:
Kell0x Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Student General Artist
because a certain someone ignored me and then blocked me :slow:
here is my reply:

That again makes no sense now you are trying to say some aspects of the Bible are no longer relative then why would it still be relative to gay rights?
Studies have shown homosexuals are just as good as hetrosexuals when it comes to being parents, working in society or judge of character.
also abortion? what the hell does abortion have to do with anything?

Again slavery is still exist. Maybe not the form like it was in that time but the Bible does not mention ant difference in the use of slaves. There are also labor slaves sex slaves next today.

-------------------------------
Huh? I didn't block you.
no not you, someone on this thread . xD

We didn't have a discussion about slavery lol.
Ooooooooooh
:iconcammieobscura:
CammieObscura Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
Why does it not matter to people if you are male or female, gay or straight, or rich or poor, but everyone seems to care who is Christian or who is atheist? If there is a god I'm sure he is laughing at all of us with this infighting. We are all in this world together, like it or not, and there is no going anyplace else if you don't like it. So let's make use of our time together and get along, shall we?
:icondraconicparagon:
DraconicParagon Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
"A planet doesn't explode of itself," said dryly, the Martian astronomer, gazing off into the air- "that they were able to do it is proof that highly intelligent beings must have been living there."
:iconincandescentinsanity:
IncandescentInsanity Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Student General Artist
What aspects of your life cause you to label yourself as "Christian"? Do you have a denomination, or is it just a simple belief of a god?
:iconsmileyvizard:
SmileyVizard Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I hate atheists who always act they're smarter than theists. Everyone can believe what they want to believe, but they don't have to go around calling people names. As an atheist myself, I think people like that give us a bad name, and it makes me sad because atheists are hated enough as it is! >,<
:iconrandomrobskii:
RandomRobskii Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Student Filmographer
Of all the countries, you picked Sweden. Bear with me while I die laughing.
:iconunrehearsedsplendour:
UnrehearsedSplendour Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Professional General Artist
Are you dead yet? :poke:
:iconrandomrobskii:
RandomRobskii Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Student Filmographer
:iconimdeadplz:
:icondivine--apathia:
divine--apathia Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
A bigoted Atheist is a ass hole. A bigoted theist creates laws to kill others that don't act in accordance to their religion (Cough, Uganda kill gay bill, cough.)

Let me clarify (Before people jump down my throat.)
Religion isn't evil. at all.However, I bad/lazy erroneously use religion in two ways
1. It's a easy excuse. How easy is it for people to go 'I'm not homophobic/sexist/racist/etc, IT'S MY RELIGION?' I'm not homophobic! I just support killing gays. HOW DARE YOU CALL ME HOMOPHOBIC, I'M RELIGIOUS.
2. These people pass these views onto others. The others would rather accept a premade view of the world/belief system, (Which is easy) than figure out for themselves what is right and wrong. (which is hard.)

It's more that religion is used by bad people, than religion is bad. :shrug:
:iconbabylonsabby:
BabylonSabby Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Student General Artist
I tried to use this same argument with someone a while back. We were arguing over which is more evil, Twilight or the Bible and I said Twilight. So here I am, defending the Bible. And I am not a religious person. But my main argument was that the Bible itself wasn't evil. Religion itself isn't evil. Religion doesn't go around killing people. People kill people. People are the bad guys whether we like it or not. But this...this just wasn't gonna fly in that argument. >.>; Just not gonna go down. Can't have faulty human beings. Nope. Can't have em'.

So in a way, religion is also an excuse to make people look better, just like you said. By saying that religion is evil, you're taking away from the fact that humans are imperfect.
1. Good point, a lot of people do use religion to justify their actions. (sadly Christians do this the most.) But there are quite a few who don't. I wouldn't go so far as to kill gays, though. I will admit I can be a big ignorant at times, but when I take the time to step back and think I realize "well, that's dumb of me. Jesus wouldn't do that."

2. If an idea isn't passed on to others, doesn't it eventually die? Religion isn't necessarily a step by step manual to live life by and decide what is wrong or right, but is more of a guide. (at least to me it is.)

But for the most part, you are correct.
:iconofficerbadger:
OfficerBadger Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
I do like this post, and I do hope he replies but I'm not expecting much. :lol:
:iconroyal-demon:
Royal-Demon Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I know a lot of people already mentioned it, but...
There are ~195 countries on the world, and you randomly chose Sweden and say that the intolerant people should go there.
Sweden. One of the most tolerant countries in the world. You sir, failed horribly.
:iconsvataben:
Svataben Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
You just called Sweden a country of intolerants.

How fucking small-minded are you?
:paranoid: Unless the tea party republicans are already there.
:iconsvataben:
Svataben Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
At least se know that one of them are in here, posting proof of his stupidity. :lol:
:lol:
:iconmattyohh:
Mattyohh Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
I read an interesting article that sighted that people who don't finish school are statistically more religious, and on average the more education one has, the less likely they are to hold to religious beliefs.

I myself am not religious, and regard myself as an atheist. I personally find the idea or acting a certain way, or adhering to a moral code designed by some sort of sky being to be counter productive to actually acting in a truly moral way.
This what exactly what I'm talking about, lol. Those who consider people who believe in God or any deity to be insignificant or inferior in intelligence to those who do not.

I'm going to school for a medical degree, so far am maintaining above a 3.0 GPA, and I believe in God. Does that make me dumb?
Mattyohh Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012
Yes.
:iconpriteeboy:
priteeboy Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Makes sense - those who don't finish school are often less educated and less likely to get certain opportunities in life (even if they are smart, many people don't care unless you wave a stupid piece of paper in their face saying you did 2 more years of tedious and easily-forgotten schoolwork than the next guy) those people are more likely to have crappier lives and turning to God is the only way people in this situation can feel like they have any hope at all. The person with the lucrative job, big paycheck, healthy family situation and paid vacations certainly has less reason to try and suck up to God to guide them out of that "rut" ;p I also think more educated or just plain logical people are more self-critical and can see what they did, or what outside sources have influenced the direction their lives took, rather than taking the easy way out and pinning the blame on fate or a higher power :nod:
Mattyohh Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012
Jesus will provide, instead of I will provide
:iconladydata:
LadyData Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I find it hypocritical that these people love to criticize Christianity for it's flaws yet they don't criticize the flaws of their country, job, life, and most of all THEMSELVES.

Instead of worrying about something that isn't significant in their life they should worry about the things that do matter to them.
Kell0x Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Student General Artist
Depending in which country you live in, IT could effect you're life. Did you know there have been children
persecuted in American schools for being atheist?

Or forcing them into a public prayer : [link]
That happened to me once! Except I got detention for reading my Bible aloud in class and told to stop praying. See, it can go both ways.
I also got detention in class when i was reading my spiderman comic in class when I was 11. :slow: I don't see how that's a problem.

When you go to school you should FOCUS on your school and studies. You can also pray in silent but maybe its just best to wait after class.
Why should you get special treatment for praying in class and therefore not paying attention then some other kid listing to music or reading chatting with a friend?
Eh, I guess that's a good point. Of course class hadn't started yet, so I wasn't really interrupting anything.

Not asking for special treatment, btw. I was just reading it.
*5 minites when the class was starting, :p not going to the bathroom in the classroom lol
Some friends of mine get in trouble too for looking at facebook when the class wasn't even started. Some teachers demand full attention. Heck I got in trouble once for going to the bathroom 5 minites in the class because the teacher wasn't there yet :ohnoes:

I wasn;t asking for special treatment either when bringing comics into class but like your bible and my comics we should not bring them during class just read them during breaks xD.
:iconlovely-words:
Lovely-Words Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Why were you reading your bible out loud in the middle of class?
It was actually before class had started. I happen to like reading it. Btw, it wasn't exactly out loud, more like my usual "kind of a whisper but slightly louder" voice.
Out loud, basically means not silent so yeah, you were still reading it out loud. Was there a reason to be reading it out loud to begin with?
Sometimes I do that with books without realizing it. Kindof a habit with me
Which is probably why you got in trouble. I can't just read whatever I want in school since that isn't my free time. I'm on the school's time at that point so what I want to do doesn't matter at that point.
:iconladydata:
LadyData Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I forgot to add what about being forced to stand for the pledge of Allegiance at school despite that it goes against the religious beliefs of some people?
I personally don't see anything wrong with the pledge, though at my old high school they stopped it. nearly a century of doing so, and when someone complains they put an end to it.
Add a Comment: