Closed to new replies
November 21, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 28

My eyes suck...

:iconshantella:
Shantella Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm beginning to realize that I cannot read street signs until it's almost too late to turn the car! I want to re-start my driving lessons (which were put on hold until I was finished school), but I'm scared if my vision is bad I may get into an accident. I mean, I can see other cars okay and know by the shape/colour of signs what they mean. I just can't read those little residential street signs.

The problem is I'm poor. I just graduated college and now I'm job hunting and my glasses cost $400+ at least. I mean, I could put it on my credit card and pay it off when I have money... but I owe so much in student loans as it is and I don't want to add more to my debt. And I'm beginning to get those eye strain headaches. I saw Wreck it Ralph last night in 3D (good movie, actually) and I need to take my glasses off to see the screen properly (plus trying to put those 3D glasses on my face when I'm already wearing glasses is a pain). It takes my eyes several minutes to adjust to not wearing them because I have to wear bifocals. Yes I'm 25 and need bifocals! Thankfully they're no-line... but still!

tl;dr: I'm poor and blind! :icondealwithitplz:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icongigapipen1407:
GigaPipen1407 Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I kinda know how you feel, without glasses my vision it at over 240 in both eyes or something...

I just actually have glasses, so it doesn't really matter. :( Good luck with yours.
:icongigapipen1407:
GigaPipen1407 Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Wait, I think I might've misunderstood you...crap.
:iconflicher:
Flicher Dec 8, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Do a research study. You can make tones of money that way.
Shantella Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I've actually thought about that... I've heard there's even a place to do product testing and food taste tests near my home.
:iconflicher:
Flicher Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
If there are food tests that sounds even more fun. :)
:iconsdragon029:
Sucks for you Niki. I wear the 3d glasses over my regular glasses when I see those movies.
Shantella Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I find I can't do that due to bifocals. :I Though it depends on where I'm sitting. I tend to sit around the middle of the theater but I still end up looking out of the wrong part of my glasses sometimes.

The screen's big enough for me to see what's going on anyways. My eyes aren't THAT bad... yet.
:iconsdragon029:
Then don't look out the wrong part.... it's just that simple. I dunno you do need bifocals so they are horrible....
:iconscribblebees:
ScribbleBees Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
There are websites where you can get prescription glasses for far cheaper than $400. Try searching online; unless you want designer frames or have some really incredibly weird prescription that nobody can make, you should be able to get a pair for far less.
:icon3wyl:
3wyl Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Eh, I can't see anything clearly unless it's 10cm in front of my face. Things can be pretty bad, but at least one can still see. :hmm:
Add a Comment: