My Little Pony, Internet Memes, Minecraft, Cosplay, Cameraphone Portraits, MS Paint Emo-Cats

I've already said too much...
Just get a bit tired of opening up deviant art and seeing nothing but My Little Pony stuff and internet meme type nonsense... I don't get it

"Oh hai thurr can I has cheeseburger? :3 :3 :3 :3"
"this is my original character who looks exactly like i copied it off the front cover of a final fantasy game... DO NOT STEAL"
"I've drawn twilight sparkle holding a pokeball"
"I made a giant sonic the hedgehog on minecraft"
"I did my hair a bit like cloud from FF7, here's an out of focus picture of it"
"THX 4 20 WATCHERS LULZLULZLULZ THX GUISE here's a doodle of Amy Lee from Evanescence in the style of sonic the hedgehog to celebrate :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3"
"I went to a shop.... and bought mariokart for gamecube HOW FUCKING RETRO AM I??!! OMFGZZZZZ heres 3836284 pictures of it!"

and it gets even worse... browse the technical drawing section.... oh yeh its full of ponies drawn on MS Paint... well done lads
Comments212
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I agree with you. Sad thing is people can make decent art (and not shitty ponies) with Ms.paint. Believe it or not it's more than just the paintbrush and bucket.
I don't mind good Minecraft art, meaning copies of an already existing sprite replicated in Minecraft just need to GTFO now :icongtfoplz:
Yeah, I don't like Minecraft or cosplay either.
The solution? Get over it.
Actually, I'm going to play Devil's Advocate and say that the MineCraft stuff does deserve to be considered art if it is done well. It is, after all, no different than, say, building a two foot long suspension bridge out of legos, for example.
"this is my original character who looks exactly like i copied it off the front cover of a final fantasy game... DO NOT STEAL"
asdfgh- This was epic! you're awesome xDDDD
For some reason, whenever I see threads whining about shitty My Little Pony art, I can't help but feel obliged to post pony artwork. Then I realized that my good friend =MasterPlanner has the right idea about going about things.

So instead of shitty MS Paint Ponies, have some decent pony vectors.

and they are all by you! :clap:
Congratulations, you caught on. =P
No fucking kidding. Before you log in you see some pretty decent art, then you log in and you end up with crudely drawn figures of cartoon characters and a shit-load of "My Little Pony". The sad part is those people wouldn't know what a real horse actually looks like if they saw one in their front lawn. Sometimes it becomes an eyesore.
People bitching about popular things to try and seem cool and completely ignoring the fact that these things that are popular will fade with time. What else is new.
Welcome to the Internet, I hope the door didn't slap you in the ass.
Why don't you change your front page to Popular? It's gotten rid of the terrible MLP art, I'm guessing, 80%.
Here's something that fits in none of your hated categories:

:la:
virtual legos are not art
Then real legos aren't either. Even if someone spends 50 hours working on something, it's not art at all. That what you're getting at?
Well okay, you can go down that route if you like, but that's extrapolating it pretty far. I think it was Roger Ebert that said videogames could never be classed as art. In the case of Minecraft I'd have to agree. I mean, I spent 50 plus hours on my dissertation, but that doesn't make it art.
How about this, then? Would you say that the 3D models I create are, or are not, artistic?
Yes, they're very detailed and you're obviously highly knowledgeable about the subject at hand. This one is particularly impressive: [link]

I'm not questioning your artistic capability, I'm just of the opinion that screenshotting a house made of wood built in a videogame [that's a shameless copy of an older game, actually] is not really art in my eyes. It's just an opinion.
I understand and you are entitled to your own opinion. I'm just saying that it's another medium that artists can take advantage of, and by all means should.
I've got nothing against legitimately good pony art. Minecraft pixel art isn't that bad, I'm just not sure it qualifies as art. I agree fully with you on the MSpaint shit though. Seriously, I've seen things... :iconohmygodplz:
I've seen some horrifying things done in MS Paint. Not just bad art quality, but shit that's even worse.