Closed to new replies
November 20, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 8

The Text Editor

:iconpetethegrouch:
PeteTheGrouch Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
I'm fairly new to deviantart, so I'm still getting to grips with a lot of the functions.. However, is it just me or does the text editing device in the submissions page seem really awkward & unintuitive to use..? The fact that there's not even an option to go back & re-edit text after you push the ok button seems crazy to me; what if you made a mistake or simply wished to change what you'd written? I lost the better part of an hours work because of this flaw. Deviantart would do well to look at ways to make the submission process more user-friendly, particularly for first-time deviants, as I think the current set-up is potentially very off-putting...
Remember; not all of us are computer experts!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconlytrigian:
Lytrigian Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
If you're a serious writer, it makes no more sense to compose a serious work using DA's built-in editing than it does for an artist to create all their work via Muro.

Anyway, of course you can go back in and re-edit. There should be an "edit" button right there on the deviation page somewhere.
As it happens there was an edit button; sadly all that happened when I clicked it was it opened a new text file, which, as you can probably appreciate, was somewhat useless to me...

Also, like I said, this is all pretty new to me; I truly had no way of knowing that I wouldn't be able to do rough drafts here on the site; I've barely just gotten the hang of how to photo-shop images.

Still, live & learn I suppose...
:iconlytrigian:
Lytrigian Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Odd. I tried it before I posted and it works for me, both with the "vanilla" editor and sta.sh. The problem might be that the document isn't loading into the editor properly. Try updating your browser, or using a different one.

But you really ought to be composing offline, and only posting the finished result here. Try Open Office if you need a word processor and can't afford something like MS Word.
:iconrachburns:
RachBurns Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Complaints is the worst place to bring this. ^^;

However, you can go back and edit, it'd be on the right side where it gives you an option to edit or delete the writing.
:iconrecoat:
Recoat Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012   Photographer
That's why you type it up on a word processor first. The text feature isn't meant to write and save drafts.
:iconsabhira:
Sabhira Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Sed molestie adipiscing velit, in suscipit purus iaculis ut. Nullam eros dolor, aliquet tempus dapibus ut, vehicula in purus. Donec sit amet justo metus, non ullamcorper odio. Donec vulputate tortor sed ligula sodales ullamcorper.
English please; I'm not bilingual.
:iconsabhira:
Sabhira Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
OK, but you asked for it!

But she wants more, in order to receive the free thrower. No More Pain, emissions may be available, the feasibility assessment. Home to the just fear, no hatred Add to Cart. Until online temperature indicators but members contribute.
Add a Comment: