How come?

i received for my birthday a pair of black socks that seemed to be darker black that i am akkustomed to. how come? i have never seen a more black sock than this one. is it possible to have a dark black sock? dont get me wrong, i like getting black socks but i am not certain that this pair will match my slacks which are a light cream colour. i will be wearing a white t shirt, cream slacks white shoes and of course now this will be teamed with a dark black sock. this will not look decent.
Comments28
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
"Is it possible to have a dark black sock?"

:lmao:
Even without the socks, that ensemble sounds awful.
embrace the darkness, that is your socks.
Black socks, they never get dirty! The more you wear them, the blacker they get. Some day, I'll probably launder them, something keeps telling me, ”Don't do it yet!” Not yet, not yet, not yet... :sing:
All the better to help you blend into the shadows. You know, if you need to exact revenge on someone in the middle of the night or something.
what do you mean? :O
Just saying, having super-black socks could help if you ever need to sneak around somewhere in the middle of the night and not get caught. You will appreciate the dark blackness of those dark black socks one day :B
you could be right.
it is impossible to have different shades of black, there is only black.
... shades of black is considered grey. So yes, there are shades of black (or of neutrals). Newer socks tend to be darker than older (faded) socks.
That is right. you tell him.
so they are shades of grey, not shades of black.
Potato potahto. They can be referred to as shades of black since you just add white to it.
so green is shades of blue because you just add yellow? if they are not black they are not black. just because you name it something does not make it that.
but these are dark black. they are the blackest socks i have seen :O
What do you mean?
Black matches everything.
but my slacks and such are very light indeed. the sock will look odd
Congratulations on getting a really black sock.
what do you mean