Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 19, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 32

I can't sleep because my brain finds it easier to remind me about things that make me sad.

:iconpatt-ytto:
Patt-Ytto Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
Brain what are you doing.
It's 4am brain.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmngamojemo:
mngamojemo Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
I find this thread elegant in its simplicity.
:icon3wyl:
3wyl Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Perhaps it's time to find a few aids. :nod:
What do you reccomend? I heard it's herpes season in new york.
Something that will give you such pain it'll knock you out? :O
If you engage in self damaging activities in order to force your body to go into sleep mode then i don't think it's me who needs the shrink.
But aids do help. :nod:
:iconcherylblanche:
CherylBlanche Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
When do you go to sleep?
I noticed a strange pattern in my case, after 12 I tend to start having depressing thoughts, not before, and I don't even care about them the next day. I believe it might be that you have to sleep at a normal time?
Maybe. I usually sleep from 12 to 2 am because of work and schoolwork.
Yesterday my gf stayed here, which helped me sleep, but now i'm alone again and yes, after 12 the chances of thinking something depressing increases. Must be the whole being alone after dark thing.
I think it's just because you get tired and therefore susceptible to being more emotional. You can't concentrate and your thoughts could drift uncomfortably with your lack of control.
Interesting thought that i digested but will re-read later anyway because right now you made my head go *fzzzzz*.

6:11am. I guess i didn't sleep today.
Ok.
:XD:... "*fzzzz*"
Dang.
:iconithilloth:
Ithilloth Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
I used to have the same problem all my life, but some months ago I started just falling asleep like a dead when it gets late (midnight and later). I think it's because I became more active during the day - going out more often, having more sport activities and just not sitting by the computer reading internet, drawing and reading books. For now, from my own experience fresh air and motion is all I can recommend :lol:
I have an active life (despite deviantart telling everyone i am online all the time, that's just my cellphone logging in on it's own i swear :saddummy:), it's just that for some reason my brain has started focusing on all the small insecurities we have of life, such as the uncertainty of the future, current misery induced by economic problems, misdeeds i've done that i regret, you know, usual negative thoughts young people who've been recently told their teenage years were over and now it was time for them to experienced the cold and very douchebaggy outer world on their own have to go through.

A huuuuge influx of negative thoughts, and i have not a single idea where the fuck they come from or why my brain automatically starts re-thinking that shit like if i LIKED thinking about it exactly at this hour. So far i've considered a few methods within my reach, but seriously if this keeps up i'll consider receiving psicological aid from a shrink because i ain't killing myself.
:iconithilloth:
Ithilloth Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
I see, from what you say it seems I indeed had the same problem. Maybe when these negative thoughts are attacking you again, try to find a wise book about personal development (you know, the ones they tell you to think positive, love yourself and so on) and counterattack XD I've read a few books of this sort in my life - some of them were pissing me off, but after all they were much more helpful than useless. In effect you would engage your mind with something constructive and maybe even understand why your mind keeps on being attracted to negative thoughts.

Have you tried talking about that with someone close? Sometimes having a smart person around helps enough so that you don't need to go to psychologist anymore. But if you can't handle it by yourself then it's very good idea indeed to look for help from professionalist.
:iconsbkmulletman:
sbkMulletMan Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
Get some ambien.

Just make sure you chain your ankle to your bed first.
I took some the other day but it was a generic brand (because you need a prescription to get ambiem now, apparently people are tired of being date-raped so much). Shouldn't have done that because i barfed everywhere after a few hours of feeling dazed and dreamy, like half asleep. Kinda makes me feel wary of the legit pills anyway. Sorta sad because they look so similar to my paracetamol pills so i have to endure both insomnia and headaches because of fear of spontaneous vomit.
:iconsbkmulletman:
sbkMulletMan Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
Then drink until you pass out.

:icondrunkplz:
That's a mighty fine idea, if only i was the type of person to have a supply of alcohol in my house (seriously why don't i keep at least a bottle of whisky). I have a spliff though, would that do?
:iconnokari:
nokari Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Professional Interface Designer
I usually distract my brain by turning on a movie or tv show right before getting into bed and keep the volume low. The talking and music distracts you from thinking about stuff and the low volume makes it easy to fall asleep. It's kinda like when you're in a car at night and someone else is driving.
The past few nights i've tried using that method, i first started using old tv shows on youtube, then i switched to infomercials, then to rain sounds and other nature sounds, but my brain seems to have antibodies or something because even with all of that i eventually start hearing the voices again and the noise stops working.

I think what triggers the whole thing is the feeling of being the only one up, while everybody else is asleep. You know people are there, resting, but you still feel this crushing feeling of being alone.
:icondivine--apathia:
divine--apathia Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I could never do that.
:iconxyires:
Xyires Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Could always knock yourself out if you don't mind the pain.
I do mind the pain because i am a thin, wimpy, bigass pussy.
Fap?
:iconxyires:
Xyires Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Oh. :saddummy:
So, I'm really hyper because I forgot to take my tablets, and all I want to do is blast Die Antwoord and dance around the house, but I don't think my family will approve.
I'm pondering what to do with all this free time. My body really does feel like dropping but my brain just won't let me sleep. I would like to smoke some weed or something because that usually does the trick but yeah 4 am family asleep etc.
I just finished university, and I have so much time and it's not good, not good at all. :saddummy:
Did you finish by thesis or by specialty or whatever it's called?
I'll have to do my thesis in half a year and i'm scared shitless about it because lol they want a bible worth of thesis. They specifically said they won't accept anything less wide than the fucking holy book of christianity.

I study graphic design,a career that's everything but strong in word counts.

Fffffffffffffuck.
No, in Australia, the university year starts in March, finishes in October (But exam week is in November)
And i accidentally clicked the submit button like 6 paragraphs early partially because of sleep deprivation, partially because of sleep-deprivation induced dementia, and partially because fuck you.
:petting:
Add a Comment: