Hoods aren't badass anymore

When did cool looking hoods go out of style? You know, the big billowy ones that you see in medieval and fantasy settings. Now days, all our hoods barely fit up over our heads, have these wussy little draw strings, and pin together right at the neck. I want to see people walking around in motherfucking badass cloaks n' shit without it being weird. Some celebrity or fashion designer needs to bring this back from the 1100's so that we can all feel a little more awesome again.

It's not just for looking cool, these hoods did more good than what we got now. They covered your whole head, and dipped over your face enough to keep rain from hitting you in the face. Their only downside was that more of your head would be exposed to the cold, but if you're wearing it for the cold then just wrap up tighter or something.

Right now, our best rain protection is umbrellas, and sometimes I just have too much shit to carry to use one of those. Besides, seeing a grown-ass man with an umbrella always makes me want to kick their ass. I blame batman and Danny Devito for this.
Comments352
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In

Oh, badass hoods. How I miss you.
Michone(sp?) is fucking awesome. She's hot as hell too, except for the dreadlocks.
I can only agree with you as far as 'fucking awesome'.

[link] lel
Hmmm... not too fond of that hairstyle either. Also her top isn't the most flattering.
My hood can go over my face, and protect it from the rain, you jealous :icondivaplz:
Are you serious ?
I agree D:
NO MORE "PINK" HOODIES!
I want a cool cloak thing like they do in Harry Potter or those medieval hoods as well!
Or a hood like this:[link]
seriously some girls want to be Red Riding Hood...but they don't even wear a flippin hood!
The chick in this video: [link] has a way awesome hood.
I support this. Hoods are badass. Let's make them a thing again.
Sweet, feels like I'm recruiting an army.
I want a big, epic looking hood! We should all walk around looking like we have joined the Assassins!
What a badass.
I love hoods. I want the ones that go over your head and are not pointy towards the end.
I hate how hoods theses days; they fall off your head if you WALK.

cool hood (although you won't be able to see):[link]
If I had this as a coat, I'd be so happy [link]
I doubt you could pull it off as well as the workaholic guy.
Winter coats have those kinds of hoods, except they're not made out of billowy fabric, but they are quite large.
Yea I guess that's true. The problem with those is that the coat is so thick that the hood just kind of fans out and doesn't end up looking cool.
I know what you mean.