Christmas

I never understand why people feel the need to be so harsh to people who like Christmas or Christmas music.

About a week ago we started working on Christmas music band, and I looked to a few of my fellow band members amd essentially had this conversation:

"Hey guys, I'm really excited about Christmas this year I think it's going to be good this year and I love Christmas music!"

"What's wrong with you? Christmas music is terrible why do you even like it, I hate Christmas."

":noes:"

I seem to get similar reactions everywhere. Of course I can understand that some people don't like it, but why so harsh?
Comments145
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I don't mind it, but that's because I usually listen to my own music or not listen to anything. Most of those people who complain are too lazy to do anything about it to begin with, besides complaining. :roll:
Yes these girls complain about everything and everyone like they are just so much better. :stare: I told one of them that evrytime they complain I ignore them. ;)
You should've told them they're the problem. :no:
Yes I know. No excuses on my part. :P

This was my face when they freaked out: :noes:
I like Christmas music. D: I don't like that they start early with Christmas too much, but still.
I'm forced into starting early for band. ;)
Comment Flagged as Spam
I was in hobby lobby for over an hour just looking at Christmas stuff. :D
Probably because of all the people trying to make money off of Christmas by making everything Christmas-themed. Heck, I love it even if not for the right reasons :dummy:
There are "right" reasons for liking Christmas?! O.o
Well yeah, yknow like be thankful! I'm just there for the presents tho ;P
Bahaha. ;) Gettin the good stuff right?
Oh, and the answer to your question, why so harsh? Because christmas isn't "cool" and if you aren't "cool" then you don't deserve to be happy or something. :/

But seriously, fuck those people. Christmas is awesome.
Oh don't worry these are also the people that complain about everything so it's not to surprising. It's just annoying when they feel the need to lash out at other people. :grump:
Nooo, Christmas music. D:
I love everything about Christmas that isn't the music. And that's not even because I hate christmas music, but because all you hear is the stuff pop stars are singing, which is so godawfully BAD it just kills my christmas spirit.

Why can't I go out and hear some Transiberian Orchestra, some Heebie Jeebies, or even just the classics? It's all bullshit about sexing up Santa (euuw) or some shitty love song with christmas elements thrown in. I want to hear Silent Night, Do You Hear What I Hear, God Rest Ye Merry Gentlement, etc. I love the REAL carols. Not this fucking pop shit. :<

Anyways, that's my rant. I haven't liked christmas too much the last couple years because of all the dead or dying family members and how instead of having fun, I have to be social with people I don't much like (ie, extended family). But mostly I love it. Every year we go to the zoo to see the lights display and have hot chocolate and skate on the pond. And I love christmas trees. I mean. I LOVE christmas trees.
I feel the same way, I only have the classics. Fuck the shitty ass pop crap you hear at the store. That's why I have my personal playlist. I also take music from movies because that where some more good stuff is. ;)
It's not like all new stuff is bad. Just... most of it. xD
I also make my own playlists every year.
;) hushhush.

This is actually the first year I've made a playlist, usually I just hope to here some good stuff from my friends. :P
I love Christmas. And Christmas music. Except somehow I've managed to avoid the early music so far, except for that ONE time I went to the mall and it was playing on the loudspeakers, but I barely noticed. I have a rule, as I'm sure a lot of other people do, that Christmas doesn't start until the day after Thanksgiving. That's when the Christmas tree is put up and the Christmas radio stations and movies can start. But until then, nope. Not yet.

And people rag on me for liking Christmas. Fuck them, it's not even about the presents. I just really like the entire atmosphere of Christmas, and how it's the one time of year where my whole family gets along for once and everyone is happy.
I know, if I feel Christmassy early I keep to myself for the most part put in the situation above we were starting our Christmas and it made me excited. :saddummy:

It really is about the atmosphere, I love how loving and warm the music is (except for new poppy crap) and how cuddly everything feels. Blankets and hot chocolate...

:meow:
Christmas is so last Winter.
Halloween is so last Fall.