Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 17, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 562

Hostess went out of business because THEY SOLD SHIT.

:iconwikidtron:
Wikidtron Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Professional Artist
HA! I'm glad they're going under. I heard about it on Facebook- a couple days ago my news feed began to flood with complaints from all my "gravitationally challenged" friends.

Well GUESS WHAT FATTY? NO MORE TWINKIES FOR YOU! And say goodbye to all your goddamn Ho-Hos and Little Debbies as well. Your desire to cram unholy amounts of high-fructose corn syrup in the guise of something that looks sort of edible shall now go unanswered. FOR ETERNITY.

I haven't read a single actual news article about it but the know-it-all side of me is gonna say, with absolute certainty, the company surely failed because they sold tiny little gut-bombing shit bricks wrapped in plastic.

It's basically poison.

I've never eaten any of that crap in my life. Unlike the rest of you walking lard gobbets, my diet is about 80% plant matter (because I actually know how to fucking cook and make that shit taste amazing) and am not addicted to sugar. This means that a taking sip of soda feels like chugging a bottle of syrup. Which IT IS. It's fucking nasty, and all you idiots slurp that shit up like good little American consumer whores every day, rendering your tastebuds utterly shot to hell. You've made yourself immune to the amazing pleasures of eating REAL food- and then look at me like I'm crazy while I ravish a pile of garlicy satayed beet greens like ITS SEX.

Hostess, your stinking lord of processed ass syrup, HAS FALLEN! It's only a matter of time before the rest begin to die out as well, being as they represent the image of sugary rotting death and decay.

STOP BITCHING AND GO ON A FUCKING DIET.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconbazzyli:
Bazzyli Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Is this serious because it is quite a harsh opinion. Im a healthy american with a perfectly healthy weight but a twinkie every once in a while was delicious. Plus, i here Hostess owned Wonder Bread, which is one of my favorite brands and it makes me super sad.
Wikidtron Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Professional Artist
It was serious a few days ago when I was in a very angry mood and just wanted to rip someone apart for no reason.

Now I'm in a melancholy mood and don't care :)
:iconbazzyli:
Bazzyli Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
ok, just curious.
Wikidtron Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Professional Artist
That said, wonderbread is terrible for you.

You might not be fat, but you're still EATING BLEACH.

Yummy.
:iconmikepav:
mikepav Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
you're funny.
Wikidtron Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Professional Artist
Thank you! :)
:iconladyleelo:
LadyLeelo Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:rofl:
I'm glad you found this entertaining.
:icontokyov:
TokyoV Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
If you think that company went out of business because their stuff was bad for you, then the know-it-all side of you doesn't know much about society North of the Equator.
I know LOTS of things about stuff!
:iconbootypatrol:
BootyPatrol Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
You sound like you should get a medal or something for dodging junk food and eating veggies without holding onto somebody's hand doing it. I agree with you 100%, Hostess sold shit and was shit in general, but you sound a little pretentious.
Wikidtron Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Professional Artist
I'm pretty fucking pretentious.

But I get away with it because I'm awesome. :D
BootyPatrol Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Humans are all crazy and flawed. I think it's better to just fucking admit it.
BootyPatrol Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I admitted it a long time ago, it's just that that comment makes me go . This one too.
I'm really not sure of the significance of that, but ok.
:iconazraeldigabriel:
AzraeldiGabriel Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Actually, I've read that Hostess isn't closing it's doors. :shrug:
:iconytcyberpunk:
YTcyberpunk Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I hear-talk that this company has "shut down" and then resurrected on multiple occasions. And that the reason they keep shutting down is because they treat their customer-companies and workers like crap. Just felt like sharing.
:iconaret:
Aret Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I can't cook worth a damn. I would like to eat more veggies, but have no idea how to make them not digusting. D:
Or, in the case of my favourite veggie asparagus, how to even begin preparing it. Google makes it look difficult.
:iconatlantech:
Atlantech Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
saute it in butter and add a little lemon juice
Butter. Salt. Pepper. BAKE.

It's easy :D
:iconssensory:
ssensory Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012   Writer
All I liked of their stuff was their blueberry muffins.
:iconmurphysdinnerparty:
MurphysDinnerParty Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I just had to say I cooking homemade chili today and it reminded me of this thread.
Mmm... chili... especially the homemade stuff, now that's awesome winter food.
:iconturkevulture:
TurkEvulture Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
Rest easy, hostess company.
I'm glad that junk is off the market, though. I just hope twinkies aren't replaced by other generic junk food brands.
The fatties will probably insist upon it :P

Where there's demand, there will be supply...
TurkEvulture Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
I hope not
Oh, and I like your username.

I have a HUGE turkey vulture portrait tattooed on my shoulder. It's creepy as fuck :D
...then why did you get that tatoo?
Because I'm kinda creepy.

I think it's really awesome when people take something that's kinda odd about themselves and instead of being self-conscious about it, accentuate it and make it part of their style.

And it works. I freak a lot of people out, but the ones that like me... REALLY like me. Heheheh.
I'm glad you like the tatoo. I know I'll never get one, though.
To each their own :)

I just wanted to comment because I don't meet other turkey vulture aficionados very often.
(1 Reply)
:iconherbaldrink:
HerbalDrink Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
While I do agree hostess products are crap (I don't know anyone who eats them. The college store literally only sells Twinkies to mycology professors.) you come off as far too smug for your own good.
I may be a narcissistic bitch, but as far as I can tell it's actually working in my favor. I make a lot more money, and everyone seems to want to please me... people practically fight each other for the chance to do me favors. It seems that people LIKE cocky arrogance. It kinda makes me hate the world a little bit, but it WORKS.
HerbalDrink Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
Where on earth do you live where people like cocky arrogance? Where I come from, cocky arrogance normally either gets you fired or relocated because you're destroying workplace morale. Or you're only kept around because you get stuff done, but everyone hates you and only comes to you if you want something done.
I'm a tattoo artist.

Being cocky makes my clients more comfortable. It's the power of suggestion; I tell them they look hot as fuck with my ink all over them and so they believe me. It probably helps that what I say is being backed up with my skill- but when I'm humble about my work, people don't trust me as easily, as a general rule.

I do have close friends that are exceptions, but dealing with the general public means I have to put on an act.

Inside, I still feel like the socially awkward weirdo shy girl I was for so long- but only a select few people see the "real" me anymore.
HerbalDrink Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012
You're probably lucky - dad's at Hewlett Packard. Companies like that usually wind up with the cocky managers going "Huh, what's with all the Dilberts?"
:iconkinoc-kun:
Kinoc-Kun Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
All I read was, "I'm better than you cause I'm an amazing cook and eat veggies, fatties, lol!!!"

Well guess what, I've never eaten a Twinkie in my life either, I prefer fresh baked bread or donuts. I also can cook amazing. You would die of happiness if you had one of my epic burgers or my fiance's Italian chicken and salad. :)
Yeah, that's pretty much the condensed version, if you're going to take out all the amusing and excessively violent descriptions of what it feels like to have a fatty phobia.

And I'm not a vegetarian, so I still eat meat, and your food sounds awesome.

Unfortunately I'm allergic to wheat, so no doughnuts for me :P
:iconkinoc-kun:
Kinoc-Kun Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Well that's good, I love making fries on the grill as well and putting some of them on the burger along with the lettuce and such. Tastes awesome!

Aww, but doughnuts are awesome, but if one is allergic it's best to avoid.
:iconknightster:
Knightster Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
What's Twinkie?
:iconcherrimilk:
cherrimilk Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
I enjoy junk food but only on the rare occasion.
My thoughts on it is that if you're a sensible person
and don't flat out abuse yourself then you should be fine.

Some people just eat nothing but crap and I agree,
it makes me feel ill just picturing it. Some people develop
some very serious problems from their sugar intakes.

It's not something I would ban or deny people from.
However, I wouldn't say no to getting out more knowledge
on how fast things can turn for you health-wise to the public.
The thing is, I don't have a problem with cookies or sweets, I eat them occasionally.

It's corn syrup, dyes, fillers and other non-food items being disguised as food that just seems shady as hell to me.
:icondayandevarlo:
DayanDeVarlo Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
What.
You read it.
:iconearthgal:
EarthGal Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
You remind me of my old high school health teacher who liked to passionately rant about junk food. At least that class wasn't boring. :lol:

Never eaten Twinkies because I don't think we don't get Hostess in Australia. And if we did, it'd probably be expensive as hell, so fuck that.

The only thing I can cook is pasta, :dummy: so I'm very thankful to have a boyfriend who knows how to cook and is teaching me. He makes sure to put i as much veggies as he can, so I'm thankful for that, too. The only thing my diet is really lacking in is fruits. The only ones I can stand are bananas and apples. The rest I can't even swallow. They feel so wrong in my mouth that I start gagging and sometimes vomit.
:iconpinkmitten:
Pinkmitten Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
What fruits you can't stand?
Pineapple, mango, oranges and passion fruit especially. The moment I put it in my mouth I have to spit it out or else I'll vomit. Some I can stomach if I take small bites and swallow quickly. They all taste awesome, it's the texture that gets me. For about a month or so I tried eating grapes every lunch to see if I could get used them over time. Nothing really changed. :saddummy:
:iconpinkmitten:
Pinkmitten Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
Did you eat them cold and fresh?
You can't tell me you don't at least like mango juice. You just can't. :iconraegplz:
Yeah. I worked at a grocery store so I would often have fresh fruit straight off the rack for my ten minute lunch.

Oh no, trust me I suck up mango juice like air. :lol: I love a lot of juices, actually. I can't eat them but at least I can drink them! :dummy:
Add a Comment: