Closed to new replies
November 17, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 48

Kentucky

:iconfrillypants:
Frillypants Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012
Why do people think that, just because someone is from Kentucky, that they are bible-banging, rebel flag hanging, black/jew/mexican/asian/muslim haters, and just plain stupid? They also seem to think we're Bourbon-washed horse obsessives(a lot of us are, though). Why? We're no different from any state when it comes to intellectual status. In America, we are all individuals. Our state is not who we are, and most people in a state don't fit its stereotypes.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconredmarlin:
redmarlin Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012
Why do people think that, just because someone is from Kentucky, that they are bible-banging, rebel flag hanging, black/jew/mexican/asian/muslim haters, and just plain stupid?
No silly, that's Texas :pat:
:iconmasterplanner:
MasterPlanner Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
Why do people think that, just because someone is from California, that they are granola-munching, rainbow flag hanging, birkenstock-wearing, and just plain stupid? They also seem to think we're pot-smoking hippies (a lot of us are, though). Why? We're no different from any state when it comes to intellectual status. In America, we are all individuals. Our state is not who we are, and most people in a state don't fit its stereotypes.
:icondawnsbreak:
DawnsBreak Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012
I did a report on Kentucky. Twice, and I still don't remember what I learned. :slow:
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012   Digital Artist
"a lot of us are, though"
Typically when making an argument against something, you don't end by saying that it's probably true.
:iconkizziesama:
Kizziesama Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012
... Could have to do with the fact that even you point out, yourself that "a lot of us are, though" :lol:. A few bad apples, of course.
Frillypants Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012
I was talking about horse obsessives, not everything else
:iconhimteckerjam:
Himteckerjam Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Professional General Artist
I ask myself that all the time considering I am also from Ky.

Here's the thing: Outside of Louisville and Lexington? They're right.

Just something to deal with.
:iconh-irsch:
h-irsch Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Never been there nor do I want to.
Frillypants Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012
Ok
:iconsbkmulletman:
sbkMulletMan Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012
Shut up and make me some chicken!

And bring over one of them funny Derby hats I heard so much about.
Add a Comment: