Didn't need legs anyway.

My legs are dumb. I don't know why. I can be walking and they can give out, or I just start staggering around like a drunk without any control of where I'm going or what I'm doing. It sometimes feels like they have a mind of their own and go wherever. I've a cane, because when they start doing this it can last awhile and sometimes walking can become difficult without having to hold onto something like a wall or counter tops.

I'm trying not to see it as a big deal, but people around me are starting to get worried. I've recently moved and am living with a friend of mine, and I don't want to worry him or put a burden on him or have him take me to go see a doctor, because he has quite a busy life and I don't want him to see me as some sort of obstacle. I'm starting to fall down more often and it sometimes just feels like they want to quit, and it doesn't help that I have shitty ankles that twist around almost all the time or anytime I take a step.

Fuck.
Comments47
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Sounds like something is wrong with your spine, go see the doctor.

Or you can just cut off your legs with a chainsaw and get robot legs.
Get plastic surgery, and put wings on yer back!

But anyway, that seems kind of serious. I think you need to see a doctor or something.
drink more and walk off a cliff
omg thats so cool...i wish i could D:
Go see a doctor, because often if you wait things like this get worse. Do you really want the doc to tell you its permanent because you put it off so damn long?

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Hence why I sell prevention by the ounce from the back of my truck :paranoid:
At a considerable mark up, right? =P
No, the first ounce is free. =P
To get them hooked, right? =P
Damn, you're on to me. :paranoid:
Its okay, I wot tell. :hug: For a nominal fee, of course.
Go see a doctor. You might feel like a burden just for that, but imagine what would happen if something serious was wrong with you and you didn't treat it...THEN you might be a pain in the ass.
Stop drinking petrol.
I see you're currently if Nashville, try calling these places [link] [link] . Also, if you don't have the right ID, they might make an exception and take mail with your name on it.
If you're uninsured, try one of those private-run clinics that offer services for free so you don't get stuck with an ER bill and they'll usually help you get long-term care if you do end up needing it. Usually, all you need is an ID saying you live in the area the clinic covers.
You should most likely see a doctor. Then again every time I go for a check up it usually takes five minutes before they brush me away saying I'm okay.
It's like you're the athlete in QWOP! :slow:

I mean .... why haven't you seen a Doctor yet?? :|
I agree with AJGlass. You should definitely go see a doctor. I had similar symptoms to you, and even though it was just a bit of nerve damage in my inner ear, it could've been something worse.
Eh, see a doctor? My sister's friend had the same problem and she ended up having MS.
Regarding those who feel troubled by you: [link]