Closed to new replies
November 14, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 159

Jake the Dog

:iconturkevulture:
TurkEvulture Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
The first time I watched Adventure Time, this canine spooked the hell out of me. I'm sorry, but...those eyes....0.0
Also, the character is pretty boring. I guess I understand that Jake is just supposed to be Finn's companion like a dog should. But couldn't they at least give him more personality?? Hell, my dog bit me twice today! That's more conflict between man and dog than I've ever seen in Adventure Time. And I should mention the voice actor. (sigh)...John Dimaggio isn't one of my favorite voice actors because, honestly, all the voices he does sound almost the same (when compared to other voice actors). But he can change size, and that's pretty cool. But I think that aspect creates a lot of plotholes.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmapper3:
mapper3 Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Student General Artist
:iconmapper3::She likes Jake because she can change size... Doc?
:icondocbrownplz::Eh?
:iconmapper3::She likes Jake the Do-
:icongreatscottplz::GREAT SCOTT! She doesn't like John DiMaggio?
:iconmapper3::What? Well, yeah, bu-
:icongreatscottplz::Kill her!
TurkEvulture Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012
Ha.."she". I like the sound of that. ;)
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012   Digital Artist
I think I was Jake the dog once...
:icontheoriginalnunky:
TheOriginalNunky Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
he reminds me of a child molester. :D
Pedodog?
:iconsnow-in-wonderland:
Snow-in-Wonderland Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
I like cake the cat. :la:
:iconvanhir:
Vanhir Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Hey.
You.
Hey.
John DiMaggio did a really good job voicing The Joker in Under the Red Hood.
I was being a little hard on Dimaggio. He's a decent, VERY prolific voice actor.
:iconvanhir:
Vanhir Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
So long as he stays not quite as prolific as Steve Blum, I'll be happy. I love Steve Blum but... He's everyone. By now, his voice bothers me.
:iconvelvetfish:
VelvetFish Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Student Filmographer
i love the fuck out of Adventure Time. The back story is compelling as fuck, the characters are unique, and each episode is hard to predict. The thing that gets me the most though is how all the characters are getting more complex and serious. (much "d'aaawwwws" were to be had with Ice King helping kid Marcy back when the world was ending. Much "b'aawwws" when you realized that Ice King knew he would eventually forget and go crazy, and wrote a poem that, 1000 years later, was sung by the girl he didn't want to forget.)
Add a Comment: