The D Word

Dentists. Good Lord.

I don't think anyone particularly likes going to them. Regardless, I had to this afternoon to check my filling. Thankfully it wasn't damaged; however, one of my teeth was chipped, so they had to grind it down.

And then came the talk.

I got the whole spiel about how my gums are terrible and I don't know shit about proper brushing technique and oh my God just looking at them hurt. Yes, I know I don't take as good care of my mouth as I should. But dammit, I don't need it rubbed in.

So, they gave me a bag full of dental tools and brochures and sent me on my way. Not a fun experience. And I'll have to go back in three months instead of six. Fuck.

I really hate the dentist.
Comments130
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
oh I thought you meant dick. or douche. or maybe even doodle. i dunno
I just found out I have dental insurance, which is good because I need to get my bottom teeth fixed. But I hate dentists...
Yeah, neither my experiences with dentists where nice. My first visit went nicely, got rid of a black spot and got patched up, but the second one... The doc drilled a relatively healthy and no-problem causing tooth just to patch it with an useless seal which breaked after just 24 hours and caused me the most dreadful pains by now. :stare:
I love going to the dentist!

I had my wisdom teeth taken out while I was awake! and I must say it was rather fun :lol:
What is WRONG with you? :iconohnoesplz:
I have no idea....:giggle:
Just brush your teeth.
You could try improving your brushing technique and taking better care of your mouth.
They do a really bad job of not making you want to bite their fingers. :stare:
Comment Flagged as Spam
Done that. Not pleasant. Good Luck.
Comment Flagged as Spam
No problem :3
i prefer going to the dentist than going with a doctor...
I'd say I'm the exact opposite; I've always been on good terms with my doctors.
Last time I went to my dentist, he fucked up a filling and I haven't been back since. I can't eat on my left side because of it, but idgaf. I take care of my teeth the best I can, and I don't feel pain at all so long as I don't eat on my left. My dentists have nagged me for years about my shitty teeth but no matter how hard I try it ain't good enough. :stare:

My cracked-filling tooth is a bit yellow from not getting used (I think), but I make sure to brush that sucker longer than the others.
I hate the Dentist but at least I found a decent one. Just went to him too. I got at least 2 appointments a month. The movie goggles help out too.
As much as I hate them, I would give anything to be able to go to one right now. I haven't been to one in 4 years and my wisdom teeth are coming in caddy wampus and my teeth hurt like hell. :(
I brush and floss, the dentist loves me :P
I dont actually mind going to the dentist. I have had so much.. I just relax there haha xD Dunno dont find it scary at al..
I always brush my teeth twice a day, once at morning after my breakfast and once at night before I get into bed. I love my mint tasting tooth paste!! :la:

Then if I go to the dentists I'd brush my teeth before I go. :D
You could find another one who is nicer, I guess. :O_o:
lessee, my last experience with the dentist landed me in the er and a week later i still needed to get my wisdom tooth literally drilled out of my jaw after they nearly cracked it.
Wait wait....so the dentist sucks because they're doing their job of promoting your oral health? You knew you were gonna see them. At least brush your teeth well a week before, do some good flossing too before you go. Your bad habits are your own fault. I only brush once a day (and very rarely floss) but when I brush, I am VERY thorough about it. You could also swap to an electric toothbrush, the difference is just amazing.