I'm too mature?

Hi everyone,

I think this is driving me crazy, lately people have been saying things like "your diffrent" or "your very mature for such age" or "Come on your a teen your supposed to do these things". People please I beg, do not judge by age, I mean just because I'm a teen does not mean I am excused for bieng stupid. I don't expect anyone to see..a teen jumping around in a very immature way and say "Oh he's a teen" well that explains it very much! I hate when I argue with my friends they have a hard time understanding me, they never have a point in there sayings, they say I am too hard to figure out -_-
Grow up people I'm not diffrent I just use my brain in a very diffrent way than you do! :)
Comments59
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Your lack of grammar makes up for your lack of immaturity.
My special-snowflake sense is tingling :spidey:
Oh. My. God. JUMPING AROUND?????

Obviously jumping around is for teenagers. Adults sit down and fill out forms.
People say I'm too immature when I look at Malena Morgan

fuckin hypocrites
Errata
"I think this is driving me crazy, lately people have been saying things like "your diffrent" or "your very mature for such age" or "Come on your a teen your supposed to do these things". People please I beg, do not judge by age, I mean just because I'm a teen does not mean I am excused for bieng stupid. I don't expect anyone to see..a teen jumping around in a very immature way and say "Oh he's a teen" well that explains it very much! I hate when I argue with my friends they have a hard time understanding me, they never have a point in there sayings, they say I am too hard to figure out -_-
Grow up people I'm not diffrent I just use my brain in a very diffrent way than you do! :)"
~Threadmeopen in I'm too mature?

When I read your post aloud, it sounds like this!

:bulletred: 'Your' is a possessive word, as in: Your frequent use of 'your' in place of 'you're', which is the contraction of "you are", is very annoying.
:bulletred: 'Different' is not spelled 'diffrent'.
:bulletred: 'Being' is not spelled 'bieng'.
:bulletred: Awkward sentence structure is harder to read and understand when spoken, as shown in the green examples below.
:bulletgreen: "I think this is driving me crazy", what is driving you crazy? "I'm too mature' is driving you crazy? Is miscellaneous this driving you crazy? There is no clarification in the opening sentence of what 'this' is?
:bulletgreen: "that explains it very much", why is there a redundant use of 'very much' on the end of that sentence?
:bulletgreen: "I hate when I argue with my friends they have a hard time understanding me", why aren't these two points separated with the use of a comma or a full stop?
:bulletgreen: "People please I beg", why does this confusing sentence fragment exist in such an awkward form.
:bulletgreen: 'Such an age' and not "such age"

There seems to be quite a lack of proof reading.
If it is redundant to say "very much" then why do people say "thank you very much" ?

[however, in the context she used it in I think it would have been said better as, "I think that it explains my compliant for the most part." I'm not at all an expert on English at all. In fact, my knowledge of it is slim to none. I'm only in 10th grade English (US). Even though I'm usually the top of my class for English, I know that I'm still pretty stupid when it comes to it. :) - just said that so you wouldn't have to tell me what I already know, thanks]
Idioms like "thank you very much" are used mostly in the ironic sense but it does have exceptions for instances which imply greater effect.

Although people also say "isn't it" at the end of a sentence, which sounds like a contraction of "is not it" when it should be more along the lines of "is it not".
Alright then. I never asked about 'isn't it' nor said it but okay.
I've been told I'm too immature.
I would swap with you any time :)
Hahaha , what do you do?
Not really "what" I do.
It's mostly "how" I act.

I've been told that I'm childish because I complain alot.
This attempt at a grasp for attention would be more tolerable if you spelled correctly.

I'm sorry, I tried to find a nicer way to word that and I couldn't.
No no, I should work on that. Sorry if that annoyed you.
What I mean is, you shouldn't be proud of this thread at all. Mature people don't say "lol look at how mature I am guys", they simply act mature and don't talk about how mature other people think they are. It's irrelevant. Not to mention the errors in this make it seem like you're a lot less mature than you claim to be. I can see that you're trying by being honest and humble, but please, just lock the thread and stick to demonstrating maturity in your life.
Is English your first language? While your English is accurate (not so much grammar) it has a certain quality to it that reminds me of dramatic speech from theater plays at times.
But moving on.
Uhm, when you're eloquent enough, you'll be able to present concepts in a simple but effective way if you're currently having a hard time being understood in itself, not sympathized with.
That and you shouldn't mind random things like that. You don't have to be mature to have certain preferences that can be deemed to be for adults only by others.
No it's not :) but lets just say I'm trying to improve.
Teens mature at different rates. You're maturing earlier than your friends, that's all. It's good to be mature at an early age. You'll avoid all kinds of mistakes that other teens couldn't avoid. Just embrace it. When you get out of high school, they'll be plenty of people who think like you and there won't be any of this nonsense anymore. Good luck. :hug:
Thank you I'm just waiting for the right time :)
I think you should take it as a compliment as well. I certainly do.

If you still think its an insult for people to say you're more mature than your age, think of it like this: you just show better judgment than your peers. Most teenagers do stupid things for the thrill: to rebel for the sake of rebelling. Which in my experience, never ends up on the better side of fine.
Thank you for the advice, it helped!