Shop More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 13, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 192

When did commenting become a requirement?

:iconlycanmuse:
LycanMuse Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Student General Artist
Utter bullshit.

I fave something and my screen forces open the comment box and puts my cursor in it. Not to mention it makes my screen lag and error.

When the fuck did comments become a requirement. Isn't a favorite enough of a compliment? What pussy decided you couldn't fave without commenting?

This pisses me off so much. I can't even explain how much.

Devious Comments

:iconnamenotrequired:
namenotrequired Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012  Student Interface Designer
Please report bugs to the Help Desk :) see our Need Help? thread :lock:
:iconmaryyana:
MaryYana Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012   Traditional Artist
If I only have a fave to give, then my comment does not really matter to the artist either. The "don't forget to leave a comment" thing was enough.
:icontaitrochelle:
TaitRochelle Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
to me this is a good and a bad thing, if you cant say anything nice about the work, not like comments like this is good, i like this, but really you shouldnt be faving it in a way, something has to grab your eye, there has to be something you like it about, like "i like the colors" "i love how you did the hair" "this looks so realistic" but of course with a bit more effort then that, it can really make a persons day, but yet again i barely comment and i feel so bad about it most of the time
:iconhzade:
HZade Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Hehe, I kinda agree.

If you have something to say and you have the time, you should definitely comment - write a little bit about what you see! What caught your eye, what you like/don't like, what you feel when you see the picture...I think it helps the artist out a lot! I have a special place in my heart for people who comment like that :D

But then again, if people comment just because there's pressure on them to do so (I mean, it isn't a requirement, but C'MON, it opens the damn comment box for you), that's no good...The comments seem to get less and less sincere that way. I feel like comments along the lines of, "Hey, I like yo' picture" could be replaced by a favourite. Also, that little "Don't forget to comment!" message that pops up by the person's icon irritates me like crazy...
:iconphoenixleo:
phoenixleo Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
It only happens with the new deviations. Not the old ones. Checked and tested. Weird.
:iconferricplushy:
FerricPlushy Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
Considering 80% of comments fall under "cool", "awesome", "love this", "this is so cool", or "lol true" I often wonder if we really need comments.
:icondeadly-tea-party:
Deadly-Tea-Party Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Professional General Artist
I don't comment all the time ether!
I think the interwebz are trying to tell you something. :iconwoooplz:
:icontotally-dead:
Totally-dead Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Tell them to go fuck themselves in the comment and then fave.
:iconmystichuntress:
mystichuntress Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I always fave stuff without commenting. Maybe it's a glitch on your account?
:icongodasleep:
godasleep Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
LOL. Thanks for the laugh. I fave things without commenting all the time and they never took me to the comment box. Maybe it's a new thing. I'm on the iPad so maybe it's a PC thing. Well, if it is, that's just plain stupid to force someone to comment.
Add a Comment: