People don't take me seriously because of my tattoos

Of course they fucking don't, and also because of the way you dress. Nothing about you says serious. A Hogwarts singlet that shows off your new chest piece, and shitty shoulder cap, doesn't scream take me serious.

This girl I know had an interview at her daughter's school to have her enrolled. This chick is like 20 or some shit, and her daughter is 4 or 5. Her 'respectable' look for an interview was having her various facial piercings in, her blue as fuck hair, showing off all her shitty tattoos, and wearing glasses. Because glasses obviously canceled everything out. Oh woah, you look like some punk drug addict, oh no sorry, I didn't see your glasses, you're actually an okay person.

Even if she did cover her tattoos up, it'll be a bit hard to hide her knuckle tattoos that say reckless.

Yes, yes she's an individual entitled to express herself, or what ever shit people like that use as an argument to dress like an autistic, colour blind, cartoon character. But this is about your daughter getting into a school. You got fired from your last job because you refused to wear clothes that were actually work appropriate.

Who am I kidding, your child will probably grow up to be just as stupid as you.
Comments94
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I haven't had much grief over my piercings or tattoos since I've gotten a little older. People sometimes ask me about them, but it's been a long time since anyone's been really rude about it.

However, if I have a job that wants me to take the piercings out, I fucking do it. I have invisible retainers, so it's not like it's a big deal. :shrug:
Then don't get tattoos. :iconduhplz:
Anyone who thinks that alternatives are drug addicts or thieves more than other people hasn't thought much about the issue. Someone who commits crimes often would aim to get noticed as little as possible, wouldn't they? :B

I know someone whose boyfriend works in a factory. A FUCKING FACTORY. Noooo contact with customers. Yet, his boss decided it was necessary for him to get a less extreme hair color. So that he wouldn't... Uh. Ruin the business..?
I just have a real problem with people who get prominent tattoos that can't be hidden, with little to no other tattoos.

I worked in retail, and they hated my tattoos, and I had to wear a long sleeve shirt under my work uniform, I was cool with that, because it was my choice to get them done. Now at McDonald's they don't care, as long as I don't get fuck tattooed across my throat.

Some places are cool with them, others aren't. I just think when you're going for an interview for a job, or at a school, you should probably aim to look as respectable as possible.
Of course. The world is as it is, even though it sucks. Myself I am a slight bit worried regarding my future job, since I shave off and draw on my eyebrows and since I've gotten a bit used to walking in platforms and feeling taller than many others when I'm not at home. And because I have absolutely no plans :B
There are a few inversions to this though. Niche places like coffee shops and alternative fashion shops pride themselves in hiring people who stand out in this way. But really, if you go that route you can never truly fit in with the rest of the world. Well, I guess it's possible but you'll look pretty flip-floppity doing so.
Can't really pay off a home loan or put kids through school making coffee for a living.
But, she's trying to get her kid into a good school, I admire that
Her parents are paying for it in all likelihood
The real problem is being 20 and having a 4-5 year old. Have to be stupid
That's fucking stupid. They make concealers for tattoos and they make those little plastic nubbin things for piercings. People just need to try harder and even the inked would be fucking accepted. Jesus Christ.
BUT INDUHVIDUALS
BOOHOO MY INDIVIDUALISM HURTS JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER INDIVIDUAL EVERYWHERE fuck that man, I want tons of tattoos and all but I'm putting them in places that can be easily hidden. I have one on my forearm that can obviously be seen if I wear short sleeves, but if I had a job where it would be a problem I just would never wear short sleeves ever. Problem solved. I get to keep my "~individual coolness~" and not be a douchebag.
I've got a sleeve, my chest and legs, about to start on my other sleeve, and more on my torso. All hidden by a long sleeve shirt and pants.
Nice. I want more forearm stuff and I really desperately want something around my collarbones, but that one will be harder to hide. I'll still do it, though.
I've been thinking about getting around my collar bones / traps done, but it'll have to be able to be hidden by a collared shirt
I would only get a few tattoos, like a celtic cross on my bicep or the tree of life on my back. However, this only happens AFTER I get the job at a hospital I'm trying to get. The tattoos are a bit of a present to myself.

Would never get piercings, though.
I'd never get a tattoo, not because I'm opposed to them but because tattoo artists scare me more than clowns.
Yeah well. Some workplaces have rules, some interviews have rules (even if they're unspoken) and you're free to go against it but don't say you weren't warned. What do some people expect when they go to a company's interview with an obvious "fuck you and your rules" costume?
Also taking out your piercing and covering up your tattoos and changing your hairstyle at least shows that you're willing to go into some effort. Also I know some blue hair/tattoos/pierces people who can present themselves very damn respectable when they want to.

Like, hey, welcome to society. Of course you'll be judged according to your looks, because that's how people work. If you're 20 and this is surprising, well, good luck.
But you can't judge me, I'm an individual.
I'm judging you real hard right now :noes: