Closed to new replies
November 13, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 27

Broken Category! (plus flooding)

:iconpakaku:
Pakaku Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
Yeah, they should make a category for all these broken idiots, who can't read for their life, and can't tell the Complaints Forum from the Help Desk.

We all know that.

But what you DIDN'T KNOW was that my basement had a bit of a flood. Slight back-story: our furnace room is inside what we designated 'the cat room', litter box and all, which exits to a little carpeted hallway. Down that hallway is a bathroom, my room, my sister's room, and a staircase is also above the general cat-room area. There is also a drain inside the furnace room, and last night it stopped draining.

So today I woke up to a soaked carpet surrounding the furnace room area, a slightly-flooded bathroom, and a MORE flooded furnace room. I should also mention the cat room is a storage room per-se, so we have some cardboard boxes and such on the floor, soaking up a bit of water. Needless to say this is a terrible situation, and shit had to get done.

One hour in to frantically figuring out how to deal with this wet mess, I kicked the drain cover (I was wearing boots), and saw some bubbles. Turns out an hour was wasted when it was the drain not draining properly, and all that had to be done was to press a 'plunger' and then it drained properly. So THAT was a waste of time. I bet I also inhaled a lot of dust and maybe mould. Does mould start growing in 1-2 hours? I guess I feel fine, though.

So the next hour was spent actually trying to clean up the water, since for some idiotic reason we have no mop, or can't find one. All we had was a wimpy Swiffer, which is bullshit for this kind of mess. Since there were dirty towels, I ended up having to use those to clean up the water, or at least push it towards the drain. Also remember that this is the cat-room, so there are litter-box-particles, whatever they are, being absorbed by that towel. Luckily washing machines have Heavy Duty settings...

After a shower, I was exhausted. But my dad came home with a squeegee, and now almost everything is dry. All that's really left to do is wait for the carpet to dry. Which will hopefully happen soon, because fuck-it if I'm going to accidentally step in another wet spot.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconscribblebees:
ScribbleBees Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
Oh, gross. Definitely get that checked out for mold. Something similar happened at my house before, when the drain from the washer wasn't working correctly, so all of the water from the damn machine ended up on the basement floor... at least we don't have carpet down there.
:iconcrimeroyale:
CrimeRoyale Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Professional
Well shit.

Let's get over there and fix that.
:iconsapphire-ashesx:
Sapphire-Ashesx Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012
Eeww. D:
:iconnephenee:
Nephenee Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
Clearly your cats did it because you are not showing proper subservience to your feline overlord.
:iconemopizza:
EmoPizza Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012   Traditional Artist
All I am picturing is a litterbox floating in water and a cat in a boat crossing its legs as it paddles over.
:icondoctorowl:
DoctorOWL Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
:lol: I like the way you think.
:iconemopizza:
EmoPizza Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012   Traditional Artist
:D
:iconsaxeh:
saxeh Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
The bright side , is there is no sharks :la:
:iconpuzzledheartbox:
PuzzledHeartBox Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
Lol.. the first thing to do is check the drainage ._.
How could you have forgotten to do so until you were 1 hour in cleaning?

I applaud myself for having survived without a "tl;dr" :iconslowclapplz:
:iconpakaku:
Pakaku Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
Because the first thought was "how the hell is the water getting in" and "oh god get it away"

I am cool and didn't realize it was the drain that wasn't draining :nod:
Add a Comment: