Closed to new replies
November 12, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 88

Stop complaining about fandoms

:iconbrandonspilcher:
BrandonSPilcher Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
We've all seen those threads and stamps in which people complain about fandoms they don't subscribe to The more popular the fandom ostensibly is, the more haters it seems to attract. What I want to complain about is why they waste so much time and energy complaining about what other people like. It would be far more productive to concentrate on what you personally like rather than build up so much negative energy about other people having different interests from your own. Besides, as far as I can tell, most fandoms don't really differ that much in terms of fan behavior anyway. Every fandom, whether MLP or Hetalia, has its share of obsessive zealots, perverts, and what have you.

That said, I for one don't identify with any fandoms. I find it far more fun to create my own characters and worlds than preoccupy myself with the products of someone else's imagination. I enjoy far more creative liberties working outside the limits of an established franchise anyway. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind if people want to draw art or write fiction for their favorite fandoms, but then I don't go looking for that stuff anyway.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmurphysdinnerparty:
MurphysDinnerParty Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
People have a right to be annoyed by whatever they want to be annoyed by. You're doing it now by making your complaint.
:iconpuzzledheartbox:
PuzzledHeartBox Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
:iconrockstar1009:
rockstar1009 Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Oh my. :iconiloveitplz:

Is there a story behind this one or are you just shipping at random?
PuzzledHeartBox Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
Alas just a random shipping, I had this weird idea of bohobella becoming crazy with power and dominating poor little ninjaslug :lol:
:iconelmida:
Elmida Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
I DO WHAT I WANT

BITCH
:iconelmida:
Elmida Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
Dat slug.
Sexy ain't it?