Stop complaining about fandoms

We've all seen those threads and stamps in which people complain about fandoms they don't subscribe to The more popular the fandom ostensibly is, the more haters it seems to attract. What I want to complain about is why they waste so much time and energy complaining about what other people like. It would be far more productive to concentrate on what you personally like rather than build up so much negative energy about other people having different interests from your own. Besides, as far as I can tell, most fandoms don't really differ that much in terms of fan behavior anyway. Every fandom, whether MLP or Hetalia, has its share of obsessive zealots, perverts, and what have you.

That said, I for one don't identify with any fandoms. I find it far more fun to create my own characters and worlds than preoccupy myself with the products of someone else's imagination. I enjoy far more creative liberties working outside the limits of an established franchise anyway. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind if people want to draw art or write fiction for their favorite fandoms, but then I don't go looking for that stuff anyway.
Comments89
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
People have a right to be annoyed by whatever they want to be annoyed by. You're doing it now by making your complaint.
Oh my. :iconiloveitplz:

Is there a story behind this one or are you just shipping at random?
Alas just a random shipping, I had this weird idea of bohobella becoming crazy with power and dominating poor little ninjaslug :lol:
I DO WHAT I WANT

BITCH
The irony.
Delicious, delicious irony
Why waste so much time complaining about people complaining about fandoms?
Wouldn't it just be easier to focus on what you enjoy than caring about how other people feel about the way other people feel?
:lmao:
This is why I skip over hate for the fandoms I'm involved in and just focus on the good stuff. Hate makes me angry.
Also, 80's alternative British comedy is a pretty safe thing to be involved with. The stupidity is relatively low.
I know a show that could use more love. And not creepy fetish love. For a Nick show, it's actually pretty good. Who needs the show to have a fandom though when the show provides its own resident creepy fangirl neighbour? If anything, the only reason you should give it a try is because of the fangirl. The stuff he says is pretty entertaining. Too bad the show's already got some so-so FCs and ships that don't work out too well canonically. :shrug:
Goddamn that makes me curious .^.
:la: The show's real great tbh. Nick.com streams the latest eps if you can view them.
Hmm, I may have to try and remember that, because while I'm not searching for new animated stuff at the moment I might in the future. Thanks!
I think you'll like Ogo. There's been several incidents in the show where he's just said some weird shit. He's desperately obsessed with the title characters. He lives in the apartment below them and constantly breaks into their apartment to take things like toothbrushes and baby photos, as well as play in their apartment and possibly break their stuff. All while they aren't at home. Ogo has lied about his birth date in order to con them to spend time with him, writes creepy-ass poetry (which the one I remember I can quote perfectly if you're interested), forces them to listen to excerpts from his dream journals, and countless other things.

There's also this that was waiting on Robot and Monster to get home: [link] One of his many activities he participates in while waiting on them to get home. :stare:
That just sounds creepy. But I'd have to watch the show to really decide.
He's creepy. No sense in arguing it. :lmao:
What Nick show are you talking about?
That cute Robot and Monster cartoon.
That said, I for one don't identify with any fandoms.

Except for that whole Jungle Fever/ghetto booty thing eh?