You need to "approve" my house? O.o

So, I met this girl at my art class who is SUPER DUPER AWESOME, we have so much in common, her art is amazing, she's super nice..., she's just awesome, okay?
Anyway, she recently said she wanted to get together and hang out with me sometime and I was all like "AWESUM DOOD" but then she also said, and I quote, she wanted to know if her parents (I think she said her parents, her voice got kinda muffled when she said it cuz we were in a room with loud teens) could come over and "approve my house" .
O_o uhh.... What?
I asked her why and she said she didn't know... I told her that we had three cats and a dog and she said that was alright.
But... Approve my house?
I mean, not that I'm particularly offended by it, but I know my parents would be... Plus, I don't really want some people coming and inspecting my house for who knows what...
But, why... Why would someone do that? Why would they need to do that? It's not like I'm a criminal or something!
I dunno, it just kinda struck me as odd...
Now, normally I would come to the conclusion that her parents are protective or something, but I told her how I couldn't come to art class on Tuesday's or Wednesday's because I didn't have a ride, and my parents didn't want me walking by myself to get the the bus stop in the dark and she was like "huh?" and I was like "they're kinda protective" and she was like "I can see".... So... If she thinks that's protective that can't be the case...

Bonus complaint: Dafuq does TL;DR mean? O_o
Comments233
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
If it where my parents insisting on inspecting a strangers house,
I'd be like - GIVE ME AIR. Even if you DID find something, I'll be friends
with who I want to be friends with. Do I have 'property' written on my forehead?

As long as they haven't been in jail or plan on going there, I approve.
I don't judge a person for their freakin' house (nobody should) but for
their personality and possibly dark history. x___x
That's exactly what I'm thinking.... O_____o
That's what my dad does. It's really to make sure I'm not hanging out with crazy drugies.
It just sounds like her parents care who she hangs out with.
Think about it this way, you have nothing to hide why worry?
Best bonus complaint ever.
TL;DR=Shut the fuck up and summarize this for me.
You should wait until you're thirteen to post on the forums.
You're also a liar!
Uh... No. O_o what have I lied about?
no, I haven't. I can tell you my exact birthday. I'm 15, dude.
Lies and slander
View all replies
TL;DR means too long; didn't read
Did she call it "Feng Shui"? If so, you have nothing to worry about