Closed to new replies
November 12, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 187

My cat is too big

:icongalacticgoat:
GalacticGoat Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Today I got rid of some old chairs which I never used because they were uncomfortable/real ugly but my cat was using them as scratching posts. I'm thinking of getting my cat an actual scratching post now but only one problem: none are designed to withstand the awesome force which is my cat!

My cat is really big and weighs like 12 lbs AND HE'S NOT FAT. He easily knocks over pretty much any scratching post and he's even too big to fit in the holes some of them have for cats to hide in.

I could probably make my own scratching post but no idea how to make it :iconwhatdaplz: especially how to make it insanely heavy/stable enough that my cat can't easily knock it over.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconjuliagenocide:
juliaGENOCIDE Nov 16, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
You probably don't live somewhere as strange as I do, but where I live people sell custom cat habitats on the side of the road. Right next to the hotdog man. :lol:
:iconapocalypseponii:
ApocalypsePonii Nov 16, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I dunno, maybe try an incline cat scratcher and stick a weight in the base of it so that it won't move around or tip over when your cat uses it.
:iconfluffpuffgerbil:
fluffpuffgerbil Nov 16, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
12lbs is nothing. xD Bigger than our female cats, but our male is 18-20lbs, and the cat I catsit for has got to be at least 20, probably 22lbs. But our 18lb male is a Maine Coon, and the cat I cat sit for is a Norwegian Forest Cat Maine Coon mix. *phew!*

But that pic of your kitty is cute though! I've always wanted an orange and white cat. =)
:iconsapphire-ashesx:
Perhaps you should have kept the chair after all.
GalacticGoat Nov 16, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Maybe :o it was taking up annoying room though. I live in a relatively small apartment so I only have so much space for furniture.
:iconsapphire-ashesx:
True, though a scratching post would probably also take up room. :0
:iconkightster:
Sacrifice it to the dark gods. It's the only way!
D: ok
:icondivine--apathia:
divine--apathia Nov 16, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Is he a maine coon?
I don't think so, he could in theory have some in him but I wouldn't know since he's a mutt (if he does have any its probably not much considering his fur is short).
Add a Comment: