Probably a dead horse, but idgaf!

SLENDERMAN!!

You fucking idiot children of deviantart, stop rallying behind Slenderman and posting him everywhere. If you don't know his origins and are somehow legitimately scared of him, go back to drawing Jack Skellington. They're almost the same guy except Jack isn't as obvious of a pedophile, and actually was the star of an excellent movie.

Seriously, I'm seeing him on the front page almost everyday. I often click on these deviations to see the comments, hoping that the artist at least has some semblance of knowledge about the subject they just spent six hours drawing (poorly) and I always end up disappointed. To top it off, most of their drawings are awful, but it doesn't show because there's very little difficulty in drawing him. He's just a black figure with a tie and no face. In fact, his image was pretty much designed in the first place to be cliche and easy enough to 'draw' so that people who otherwise couldn't draw could make their photoshop pictures look real enough. So in other words, your shitty sketches of Slenderman are bad and you should feel bad.

Now, now, I'm sure some of you are thinking "oh you're just jelly they're on the front page" or "oh what's the big deal if they're obsessed with Slenderman?" Well I'll tell you. First, and I'm going to put this in parenthesis because it's beside the point I'm trying to make overall, (I'm not jelly of worthless internet points, otherwise I'd just spend 100% of my time on reddit where I can get them for much less effort. Someone's shitty Slenderman picture on the front page isn't going to land them a job as an artist, so I ain't even mad.)

Second, the big deal, or the reason it pisses me off, is that I hate seeing people engage in time and resource consuming activities without thinking. It's just another one of those things where large amounts of people prove they're nothing more than unthinking masses to be molded and manipulated by something that can easily be debunked with a few mouse clicks. (Of course, if you knew the history of Slenderman I suppose that was kind of the point.)

Lastly, you bastards took him. He was a fun little creepypasta for people in the know to wave in people's faces on a case to case basis, and you people took him. You took him and made a shitty video game with him where you actually rendered a model of him based on the shitty photoshopped pictures made all those years ago. The point of those was that they were shitty. He was too far away, or he was blending in with trees, or the photo quality was just shitty. You didn't know what you were looking at, you just knew it kind of looked like some tall white bastard with a suit and tie... and sometimes tentacles. Now every dumbass on the internet thinks they can draw him 'in detail' and the wild interpretations of our imaginations can no longer fill in the details of his face. It's just blank now, wooo scary. :roll:

TL;DR: Slenderman got big and trolled the internet community hard. There are too many 'devoted' fans of his who don't know anything about him but still post him everywhere.

BONUS: Not a bonus complaint, just a goddamn bonus: If I wrote a complaint everyday would it really piss you guys off or would you not care/like it? If it would piss people off, I'll probably do it. If not, I won't have enough fucks to give and go back to my usual lazy routine.
Comments342
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
People say that Slenderman is their husband......

Dum lack of Common Sense in tards.
It's true bro.

I mean, who would want a husband with 9 arms and no face. Or if you have a baby looking like a fuckin' squid.
Oh I don't doubt it, I was just expressing my disgust.
That is to say Carroll's paradox, not Zeno's.
The Weeping Angels are much scarier.
They totally are. Especially since (as far as I'm aware) they're an original concept and come from a well-respected television series.
They got a little silly later in the series, but the first few episodes with them were awesome.
Aw, they milked them dry it sounds like. I thought they were only in the one episode.
They were in "Blink", which was possibly their best appearance. The two-parter "Time of the Angels/Flesh and Stone" was pretty good, but an army of Angels is less spectacular than one silent, super-killer. Their last appearance was in "The Angels Take Manhattan" which while a good episode, lacked that creepy, heart-pounding style as the first ones, even had the Statue of Liberty turn out to be an Angel.
lol @ the Statue of Liberty being one.
Yeah, that pretty much put the topping on the cake of lulz for the Weeping Angels.
I'm out of potstickers and can't get to the store :tantrum:
Eat something else?
what are you my mom
you seem like you'd be a shitty parent
Yea because you know what a good parent is. :unimpressed:
i sure as shit know what a shitty parent looks like

you
View all replies
THIS IS CREEPYPASTA
This thing is all over the internet. Pure Creepypasta
Slenderman's overrated. :D
So, what do you think of all the spin-off slenders? Like Enderman, Trender man or Sexual offender man? :XD: