Closed to new replies
November 11, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 62

Post Election Stress Disorder

:icontheliarwolfram:
TheLiarWolfram Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Student Filmographer
Where are the phone calls at all hours of the day? Where are the people knocking at the door handing out fliers? How come I can see a normal commercial on TV and Youtube? *dives behind couch* These are little thoughts in the back of my head still, because I live in Ohio, the state bombarded with more political ads than any other because it has so many electoral votes. Fuckity fuck.

Well, that's over, at least. I thought I wouldn't have to hear anything more about the election. I'm not even going to give it my time to talk about it in my complaint, because I voted for Gary Johnson, who I knew would lose. So I don't really give a fuck who's in the White House right now. Mittens and Bronco Bamma can sink to a nice little recess in my memory and the world will keep turning.

Except PEOPLE LITERALLY THINK THE WORLD IS ENDING.

Seriously! I know one girl who has literally given up on her life, on going to college, on ever leaving her parents' house, because of who won the presidential election. Oh, and then on Facebook a guy called the election "fraud," and you know what? If you don't want to think Bush's election was a fraud in 2000, and you won't allow anyone to give THAT opinion on it, don't complain about this election being rigged or whatever. And another one on Facebook said, "If you voted for that son of a bitch and you consider yourself my friend, don't." I... I just... *sigh*

Reason why this is in complaints, not politics? Because I don't want to see an argument down there in the comments about who won. I don't. Don't do it.

:icontealdeerplz: I guess the world's ending, guys. Better hope an alien pays for a round of drinks for everyone, and put a bag over your head if you think it will help. But it won't.

ANTI-COMPLAINT: I discovered Tegan and Sara last night after a friend cut my hair after their style. I love their jangly indie pop sound. It makes my ears happy.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icongogo-t-w:
GoGo-T-W Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012   Traditional Artist
I have a friend on facebook who thinks America is going to collapse and that Obama wasn't supposed to win with all the fraud. Yes the fraud that did happen should be dealt with, but geez, will you shut up? And everything she posts, she posts twice.

As for states seceding from the union, Texas is the only one that specifically reserves the ability to do so in the state constitution. I'm still trying to figure out if other states are somehow allowed to, or where it specifically says they can't.

I first heard Tegan and Sara live. They opened for a Death Cab concert I went to.
:iconleucisticcrow:
LeucisticCrow Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Try this: most of my family lives in the various states that are trying to secede, and I'm three months out of boot camp. Not that I actually think they'll succeed in secession but what the ACTUAL FUCK am I supposed to do if they do? Even if everyone stays all buddy-buddy and peaceful, it will mean an assload of paperwork for me :o
:iconcamera-wielding-fool:
Camera-wielding-fool Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Apparently Indiana and several other states are petitioning to secede from the US. Not sure if it's "official" but the fact the petition even exists......................
i need to get the fuck outta the midwest
:iconrockstar1009:
rockstar1009 Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
You live in Ohio! :pointandlaugh:

Wait... shit! So do I. :grump:

I don't know what you're talking about with the ads, though. I surf with ad block, and watch all my TV via torrents. And not a single ad was seen. :iconfuckyeaplz:
:iconpuzzledheartbox:
PuzzledHeartBox Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
You like Tegan and Sara :iconfreeinternetplz:
:icontheliarwolfram:
TheLiarWolfram Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Student Filmographer
Yes, yes I do. But I don't know much of them yet.
:iconkoyukuk:
Koyukuk Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
[link] this blog is relevant.
:iconcrystelclear1104:
crystelclear1104 Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
WHAT. Did I just read?
:iconkoyukuk:
Koyukuk Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
the best blog ever.
:icongalacticgoat:
GalacticGoat Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Oh lawl, not sure if that blog is more hilarious or sad. Its kinda a mix of both.
Add a Comment: