Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
November 10, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 173

People who seem to think the universe is benevolent.

:iconwikidtron:
Wikidtron Nov 10, 2012  Professional Artist
Lately, it's been known to the community of my friends that I've been going through some rough shit. I'm not gonna go into detail, but suffice it to say my life is a constant stream of crazy.

I had a lucky break, though. I just moved into a new tattoo shop I really like, and have settled down in a nice living situation after a few months of hopping from place to place.

There's a lot of hippies and new-age starry eyed fuckers in my city. There's something about that one-sided view of the world that just drives me fucking nuts. They practically float, they're so far on another planet. I mean, it would be nice to see life that way I suppose, but it's utterly delusional!

Upon sharing good news, I hear so many people say shit like "The universe provides" and "it happened because you deserved it" or just spouting about karma or something. Even though most of them claim to not believe in God, they've got this convoluted idea that somehow, "THE FUCKING UNIVERSE" CARES about me. Like it's a goddamn sentient being. And ME, a SPECK OF STARDUST," actually concerns whatever "IT" is.

Sometimes, terrible things happen at random. You could contract spine-eating parasites or get trampled by a fat lady at WalMart or have your best friend decide to murder you to death one bright and sunny day.

Now, I'm not gonna deny that you can effect your own luck. I happen to have a way of always turning bad situations into better ones, simply because I have learned (mostly through getting screwed over) how to increase your likelihood of survival and success and how to get a community of people to work to your advantage.

But seriously, for all we know life could be going great when a giant space-demon descends onto the planet and turns us into a horror-show museum of disgusting human torture fantasies.

Probably not. More likely we'll be crushed by a giant space meteor. Or just all kill ourselves.

So, I've decided that whenever people say this kind of shit I'm going to do what my friend calls "Peeing in Their Cheerios."

Whenever someone is WAY to fucking hopeful about something, I'll remind them of... oh, I don't know, children with leukemia. Yeah, that's pretty fuckin' unfair.

-SNORT- HIPPIES.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconedgar-sideways:
Edgar-Sideways Nov 15, 2012  Professional General Artist
:icontimmy64:
timmy64 Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
I'm just gonna leave this here. [link]
Wikidtron Nov 14, 2012  Professional Artist
TREES!

My MORTAL NEMESIS :pissed:

Because... I... hate air... yeah, something like that.
timmy64 Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
But those poor trees get chained to hippies. :(
I think I'd rather be sawed down and turned into toothpicks.
timmy64 Nov 16, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
I'd rather have a squirrel store his nuts in me. :(
:icontotally-dead:
Totally-dead Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Yay! More social psychology fodder!
Yeah, that's pretty much my every day existence. Tattoo artist/psychologist, hah. People hop in my chair and tell me EVERYTHING. I guess I seem trustworthy or something :P
:icontotally-dead:
Totally-dead Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Enroll into a class. You could make a fortune as a psychologist/tattoo artist by profession, lol.
I was actually considering crossing professional dominatrix with my tattoo career, if I wanted to make a fortune.

Then again, I'm not really interested in making a ton of money. My favorite tattoos are always the ones I do as gifts or for trade with other artists. The paid stuff is what I do to get by.

My goal in life is to become so skilled that I can just hop around to any country I want, where local tattoo shops will welcome my company with open arms.

I think having a lot of cash is overrated, anyways. Investing in the dollar is so unstable. I'd much rather invest in my own skill- that will always hold value, as long as people love art.
Add a Comment: