People who seem to think the universe is benevolent.

Lately, it's been known to the community of my friends that I've been going through some rough shit. I'm not gonna go into detail, but suffice it to say my life is a constant stream of crazy.

I had a lucky break, though. I just moved into a new tattoo shop I really like, and have settled down in a nice living situation after a few months of hopping from place to place.

There's a lot of hippies and new-age starry eyed fuckers in my city. There's something about that one-sided view of the world that just drives me fucking nuts. They practically float, they're so far on another planet. I mean, it would be nice to see life that way I suppose, but it's utterly delusional!

Upon sharing good news, I hear so many people say shit like "The universe provides" and "it happened because you deserved it" or just spouting about karma or something. Even though most of them claim to not believe in God, they've got this convoluted idea that somehow, "THE FUCKING UNIVERSE" CARES about me. Like it's a goddamn sentient being. And ME, a SPECK OF STARDUST," actually concerns whatever "IT" is.

Sometimes, terrible things happen at random. You could contract spine-eating parasites or get trampled by a fat lady at WalMart or have your best friend decide to murder you to death one bright and sunny day.

Now, I'm not gonna deny that you can effect your own luck. I happen to have a way of always turning bad situations into better ones, simply because I have learned (mostly through getting screwed over) how to increase your likelihood of survival and success and how to get a community of people to work to your advantage.

But seriously, for all we know life could be going great when a giant space-demon descends onto the planet and turns us into a horror-show museum of disgusting human torture fantasies.

Probably not. More likely we'll be crushed by a giant space meteor. Or just all kill ourselves.

So, I've decided that whenever people say this kind of shit I'm going to do what my friend calls "Peeing in Their Cheerios."

Whenever someone is WAY to fucking hopeful about something, I'll remind them of... oh, I don't know, children with leukemia. Yeah, that's pretty fuckin' unfair.

-SNORT- HIPPIES.
Comments174
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I'm just gonna leave this here. [link]
TREES!

My MORTAL NEMESIS :pissed:

Because... I... hate air... yeah, something like that.
But those poor trees get chained to hippies. :(
I think I'd rather be sawed down and turned into toothpicks.
I'd rather have a squirrel store his nuts in me. :(
Yay! More social psychology fodder!
Yeah, that's pretty much my every day existence. Tattoo artist/psychologist, hah. People hop in my chair and tell me EVERYTHING. I guess I seem trustworthy or something :P
Enroll into a class. You could make a fortune as a psychologist/tattoo artist by profession, lol.
I was actually considering crossing professional dominatrix with my tattoo career, if I wanted to make a fortune.

Then again, I'm not really interested in making a ton of money. My favorite tattoos are always the ones I do as gifts or for trade with other artists. The paid stuff is what I do to get by.

My goal in life is to become so skilled that I can just hop around to any country I want, where local tattoo shops will welcome my company with open arms.

I think having a lot of cash is overrated, anyways. Investing in the dollar is so unstable. I'd much rather invest in my own skill- that will always hold value, as long as people love art.
Dude, you are freaking weird! Get a life!
What, being a badass tattoo artist isn't enough for you?

Just because I'm WEIRD doesn't mean I'm not living it up. Pretty sure I have more fun than just about everybody here.

I fart glitter, god dammit.
Oh hey! It IS a troll! Wow!
When I'm wearing my strap-on dildo, I think that would be somewhat appropriate.

Except I -usually- just fuck girls with it. So in that case I'd be a dyke.

I think it's easier to just refer to myself as "omni-sexual" though...
That's why I don't like this whole new age thing, I do consider myself a hippie though, but that's because I think nature and the universe is fascinating. Both the good parts and the bad parts.

It's really ridiculous to just look at the good part of it, I don't understand why people do that when they know bad things happen.
Because if bad things happen, you must have done something to deserve them. Karma. :P
The universe wants you dead. That's why space is filled with radiation... :[
You know how people mutilate themselves with cutting or branding or piercing or inking themselves because they believe it somehow makes them moar beautiful?

That's what the universe is actually up to when it's being a prick. Destroying the Earth with a massive solar flare in six weeks is actually the universe's equivalent of getting a new earring. Sure, people will die next month, but the universe will look hotter, and will totally gonna bag some pussy. How is that not benevolent? :confused:
As someone with an ink fetish, I find modified people to be far more attractive than most. And there are a LOT of people that would agree with me.

Just because you're boring, and don't like it, doesn't mean it fits the definition of "beautiful."

Also, the second paragraph makes absolutely no sense at all. Comparison fail.
But this is exactly how I feel about the cynical "MY LIFE IS A MESS" types. They're always trying to be the bigger badass with the worse life, and blame the universe for children with leukemia and use bad things in life as a reason any form of spirituality, be it god or just random hippie crap, can't be true.

If the world was really all happiness and cancer-free kids, how would we appreciate the good shit?

That said, I'm not your universe-provides/religious based hippie and am quite the cynic when the mood takes me. But I'm still starry-eyed.
Ok, I suppose I could be considered a little starry-eyed myself, but not to the point of being BLINDED by it.

If I connect with any sort of spirituality, it's probably along the lines of Hinduism and Buddhism, with all the murderous wrathful deities mixed in with the kind and loving ones.

They're beautiful metaphors, at least.