Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 10, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 173

People who seem to think the universe is benevolent.

:iconwikidtron:
Wikidtron Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Professional Artist
Lately, it's been known to the community of my friends that I've been going through some rough shit. I'm not gonna go into detail, but suffice it to say my life is a constant stream of crazy.

I had a lucky break, though. I just moved into a new tattoo shop I really like, and have settled down in a nice living situation after a few months of hopping from place to place.

There's a lot of hippies and new-age starry eyed fuckers in my city. There's something about that one-sided view of the world that just drives me fucking nuts. They practically float, they're so far on another planet. I mean, it would be nice to see life that way I suppose, but it's utterly delusional!

Upon sharing good news, I hear so many people say shit like "The universe provides" and "it happened because you deserved it" or just spouting about karma or something. Even though most of them claim to not believe in God, they've got this convoluted idea that somehow, "THE FUCKING UNIVERSE" CARES about me. Like it's a goddamn sentient being. And ME, a SPECK OF STARDUST," actually concerns whatever "IT" is.

Sometimes, terrible things happen at random. You could contract spine-eating parasites or get trampled by a fat lady at WalMart or have your best friend decide to murder you to death one bright and sunny day.

Now, I'm not gonna deny that you can effect your own luck. I happen to have a way of always turning bad situations into better ones, simply because I have learned (mostly through getting screwed over) how to increase your likelihood of survival and success and how to get a community of people to work to your advantage.

But seriously, for all we know life could be going great when a giant space-demon descends onto the planet and turns us into a horror-show museum of disgusting human torture fantasies.

Probably not. More likely we'll be crushed by a giant space meteor. Or just all kill ourselves.

So, I've decided that whenever people say this kind of shit I'm going to do what my friend calls "Peeing in Their Cheerios."

Whenever someone is WAY to fucking hopeful about something, I'll remind them of... oh, I don't know, children with leukemia. Yeah, that's pretty fuckin' unfair.

-SNORT- HIPPIES.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconedgar-sideways:
Edgar-Sideways Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Professional General Artist
:icontimmy64:
timmy64 Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
I'm just gonna leave this here. [link]
Wikidtron Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Professional Artist
TREES!

My MORTAL NEMESIS :pissed:

Because... I... hate air... yeah, something like that.
timmy64 Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
But those poor trees get chained to hippies. :(
I think I'd rather be sawed down and turned into toothpicks.
timmy64 Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
I'd rather have a squirrel store his nuts in me. :(
:icontotally-dead:
Totally-dead Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Yay! More social psychology fodder!
Yeah, that's pretty much my every day existence. Tattoo artist/psychologist, hah. People hop in my chair and tell me EVERYTHING. I guess I seem trustworthy or something :P
Enroll into a class. You could make a fortune as a psychologist/tattoo artist by profession, lol.
I was actually considering crossing professional dominatrix with my tattoo career, if I wanted to make a fortune.

Then again, I'm not really interested in making a ton of money. My favorite tattoos are always the ones I do as gifts or for trade with other artists. The paid stuff is what I do to get by.

My goal in life is to become so skilled that I can just hop around to any country I want, where local tattoo shops will welcome my company with open arms.

I think having a lot of cash is overrated, anyways. Investing in the dollar is so unstable. I'd much rather invest in my own skill- that will always hold value, as long as people love art.
:iconlisareyofhope:
LisaReyOfHope Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
Dude, you are freaking weird! Get a life!
Wikidtron Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Professional Artist
What, being a badass tattoo artist isn't enough for you?

Just because I'm WEIRD doesn't mean I'm not living it up. Pretty sure I have more fun than just about everybody here.

I fart glitter, god dammit.
:iconlisareyofhope:
LisaReyOfHope Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
you are a faggot
Oh hey! It IS a troll! Wow!
When I'm wearing my strap-on dildo, I think that would be somewhat appropriate.

Except I -usually- just fuck girls with it. So in that case I'd be a dyke.

I think it's easier to just refer to myself as "omni-sexual" though...
:icont4pew0rm:
T4pew0rm Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
That's why I don't like this whole new age thing, I do consider myself a hippie though, but that's because I think nature and the universe is fascinating. Both the good parts and the bad parts.

It's really ridiculous to just look at the good part of it, I don't understand why people do that when they know bad things happen.
Because if bad things happen, you must have done something to deserve them. Karma. :P
:icont4pew0rm:
T4pew0rm Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Yup
:icont3h-puppeteer:
t3h-puppeteer Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
The universe wants you dead. That's why space is filled with radiation... :[
:iconrockstar1009:
rockstar1009 Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
You know how people mutilate themselves with cutting or branding or piercing or inking themselves because they believe it somehow makes them moar beautiful?

That's what the universe is actually up to when it's being a prick. Destroying the Earth with a massive solar flare in six weeks is actually the universe's equivalent of getting a new earring. Sure, people will die next month, but the universe will look hotter, and will totally gonna bag some pussy. How is that not benevolent? :confused:
Wikidtron Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Professional Artist
As someone with an ink fetish, I find modified people to be far more attractive than most. And there are a LOT of people that would agree with me.

Just because you're boring, and don't like it, doesn't mean it fits the definition of "beautiful."

Also, the second paragraph makes absolutely no sense at all. Comparison fail.
:iconrockstar1009:
rockstar1009 Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
:)
:iconbohobella:
bohobella Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
But this is exactly how I feel about the cynical "MY LIFE IS A MESS" types. They're always trying to be the bigger badass with the worse life, and blame the universe for children with leukemia and use bad things in life as a reason any form of spirituality, be it god or just random hippie crap, can't be true.

If the world was really all happiness and cancer-free kids, how would we appreciate the good shit?

That said, I'm not your universe-provides/religious based hippie and am quite the cynic when the mood takes me. But I'm still starry-eyed.
Wikidtron Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Professional Artist
Ok, I suppose I could be considered a little starry-eyed myself, but not to the point of being BLINDED by it.

If I connect with any sort of spirituality, it's probably along the lines of Hinduism and Buddhism, with all the murderous wrathful deities mixed in with the kind and loving ones.

They're beautiful metaphors, at least.
:iconnokapiplz:
NOKAPIplz Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012
The universe doesn't give a fuck about anything or anyone. If it were alive, it's just watching.
...while you masturbate.
:iconnovusforma:
Novusforma Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Student General Artist
Pain is slight if opinion has added nothing to it; ... in thinking it slight, you will make it slight. Everything depends on opinion; ambition, luxury, greed, hark back to opinion. It is according to opinion that we suffer. ... So let us also win the way to victory in all our struggles, - for the reward is ... virtue, steadfastness of soul, and a peace that is won for all time.
—Seneca
My 22 year old fashion model girlfriend, and also the most unique, intelligent and talented person I've ever met, was diagnosed for an inoperable brain tumor last month after she had several strokes.

Seeing as I am not a robot, detaching is very painful, in my opinion.

Some things SHOULD be painful.
Novusforma Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Student General Artist
Aww I feel bad now :|
Can she still function at least, as in make any plans she needs to make?
I don't know... if by "function" you mean "flip the fuck out, go to LA, then blow off all her modeling gigs and decide to spend the last of her money leaving the country to see the world..."

Then... uh... yeah, she's functioning.

I'm scrambling trying to figure out a way to afford to keep her apartment next month, just in case... I have no idea what she's gonna do with all her stuff here if she just decides to leave. She hasn't been getting back to me much. I think she's trying to force me to detach from her so I won't worry anymore.
... Where is the brain tumor located...? In her brain I mean...?

Sorry if this is too painful to talk about.
Nah, it's ok.

It's in the front of her brain, in a spot where it's really dangerous to operate.

She won't tell me a whole lot more then that. I wonder if they've given her a lifespan estimate... could be part of the reason she's acting like she's gonna explode any second.

It just drives me nuts that she thinks she has to protect me from this somehow. It makes it more difficult for me not knowing what's going on. I love her so much I don't care if it's painful, I'd feel better knowing that she didn't have to carry the burden of this all on her own.

But there's not much I can do about it, she's her own person and she's gonna deal with it how she wants to, so I'm just trying to support her in whatever way I can.
Any idea which hemisphere? Does she have motor problems? I am no neuropsychologist but radical behavior of that kind with a tumor located there are not likely to be mutually exclusive phenomenon.
I am sorry if that is what you were hoping to avoid thinking about.
But she sounds like she still has the capacity to reason. And with it I think you may be right. Her main aims are distance and distraction by the sound of things. If she does have a life estimate... I am not certain at all of this, of course, but you may see her again closer to the time. Whether or not that is good or bad.

I am being far too assumptive with this, so I apologise for any... thing, I could have said that is upsetting.
Honestly, the situation is so bad I don't think you could say a thing to make it worse. Plus, I'm sort of a realist and am not easily provoked. As painful as this whole thing is, I think I'm still holding shit down pretty well.

I'm not sure which hemisphere. I do know that she's being having mini-strokes and suffering from temporary blindness, the loss of the ability to read or speak for short amounts of time, and severe migranes. She's been smoking a LOT of pot to help the pain, both physical and psychological.
(1 Reply)
Novusforma Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Student General Artist
So she's gone?
Most people don't come back in these cases, when you get into that mindset nothing means anything anymore, eventually she might go back to live with family if there is any in later stages.
Nah, pretty she would die before she went back to live with her family.

In any case, I'm still holding out hope.

She's really a really strong-willed person- I bet she sees the world, and then misses us and comes back.
:iconajglass:
AJGlass Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
My 22 year old fashion model girlfriend, and also the most unique, intelligent and talented person I've ever met, was diagnosed for an inoperable brain tumor last month after she had several strokes.

Karma. Obviously someone that perfect had it coming. Right?
Yeah, she must be too good to retain an imperfect human form.
:iconajglass:
AJGlass Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
Obviously the facts bear that out. (sarcasm)
SHUT UP it's my way of comforting myself about the whole thing.
:iconbenji-0:
benji-0 Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Oh god yes.

For example, I recently contracted type one diabetes because, according to the doctors, "I caught a virus that was all like, fuck you pancreas (holy shit i can spell "pancreas"), for no other reason than: Fuck you. LIFE!" (I'm may be paraphrasing) and so now I have to stab myself in the gut with an insulin pen when I eat (It is, admittedly the lesser of the two evils, it's not all that restrictive compared to type two, but still, fuck you pancreas eating virus). Came as a huge shock, me being on of those people who never get ill. Went to see the doctor for a routine thingymabob and he was all like "looks like your full of diabetus and stuff dude" (again, paraphrasing)

To get back to a more relevant point, its also wrong to Consider the universe, existence, or whatever you wish to call it, an asshole or anything else to that effect because it doesn't even not care (Y'know, lacking sentience and all that).

That turned out longer than I expected...
Yeah, I have a beautiful girlfriend who is 22, a model, an amazing gourmet chef, and is pretty much the most beautiful, honest, intelligent person I've ever met, and OH GUESS WHAT she totally got diagnosed with brain cancer last month.

Shit happens.
Holy shit, I'm truly sorry to hear that, I've seen the damage it can cause and offer what little comfort my condolences can. If i was a religious man, I'd be prying right now.

I kinda feel like a whiny bitch now.
Well, at least your problems don't seem as bad, right?

If it makes you feel any better, one day everyone you love will be dead too.

All the more reason to really appreciate them while they're here.
True words, true words.

Seriously though, I hope things get better, truly.

The universe may not give a shit but life can still be a bitch
Life will continue, until it doesn't anymore, a mix of good and bad all the way. My life tends to be kind of extreme, I've done things some can't begin to dream of, but everything good must come to an end and so I've learning to deal with losing all those beautiful things.
benji-0 Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
A wonderful philosophy, I wish only I could be so... optimistic, for want of a better word.
I don't think that's quite the word for what I am.

Then again, I don't think they HAVE a word for what I am.
(1 Reply)
:iconpiratesadventure:
PiratesAdventure Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012
:iconuniverseplz::iconsaysplz:YES, I DO FUCKING CARE ABOUT THEM SPECS OF STARDUST AS YOU CALL IT. YOU TRY FINDING A GOOD SHAMPOO TO GET RID OF THEM! As if fiery pimples weren't bad enough. :grump:
:lol: We're insistent little buggers, aren't we?
Add a Comment: