NaNoWriMo

... has turned me into a pathetic little person. I am currently surrounded by coffee, a ceramic teapot full of coffee, sugar, creamer, a box of 10 grain wafers, and a copy of A Happy Death by Albert Camus. Why can't I have normal Novembers, like everyone else?!

Complaint, in case of incompetent mod drive-by: I am complaining that I cannot have a normal November; that I must sacrifice myself at the alter of novel writing.
Comments154
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
So far this month I baked an apple pie and 2 dozen cupcakes (I made them have a filling inside). :la: I barely got to eat any of it though :(
I have 87,000 words, and I'm still not finished with my novel. :( I've been essentially writing out the main plot points.
:( Honestly, I think I'm just glad I got the inspiration to do it.
I participated last year and won. It was easily the hardest thing I have ever written. The best thing about it though was that I not only was able to finish a 'novel' but it gave me greater perspective on the level of outlining and story planning I need to do to finish something that I could be proud of.
I have an account on there, I wanted to write a novel and decided I couldn't think of a good story <:
I wrote 4,000 words yesterday, because I didn't write at all thursday and friday due to exhaustion. Today I meant to plant myself in front of my laptop and grind out another 5K, but i've been procrastinating all day. D:
What? Is that so weird?
WHY DO PEOPLE INDUCE THAT TORTURE UPON THEMSELVES?
Quality > quantity, therfore NaNoWriMo is stupid.
How dare people have fun?! Writers should have to slave over a manuscript, slave, I tell you!
I just think it's stupid how apparently people just care about finishing something so they can gloat about it while actual writing takes a lot of thinking, plotting and world-building. Except Stephen King. He poops books.
It's a project. People gloat about it because it is an achievement to write a large chunk of words a day. And don't say that we don't world-build. The nanowrimo Reddit forums were filled with people showing their maps a couple of days ago :lol:. There are still plots, in this case, plots come up on the fly and force you to think it through while you write. I think it's stupid how you care so much that a lot of people want to take a month to write 50000 words like a marathon that they normally wouldn't written. Maybe that'll get them interested in writing more. Maybe they'll become a published author in the future.

NaNoWriMo isn't for actually writing books. It's to get that sense of discipline for writing, and it's a hell of a lot of fun.
I don't know, I have mixed feelings about it of which most are negative. I guess it just doesn't work for me. Glad people are enjoying it though.
My writing has an inverse relationship between time and quality. The longer it takes, the poorer quality it is because I get all like "Fuck, be done already! :grump:"
That probably has more to do with the fact that you weren't 100% behind it or it wasn't worked out enough. If it was, you'd still be writing. I think.
pfft. I'm not to stressed over NaNo.

Although I am 4,000 words behind... that's what I get for skipping a day and a half :grump:
Ugh, Nano.

Don't even talk to me about my relationship with that son of a bitch. :B