Unjust Discrimination

It's been brought to my attention (SEVERAL TIMES) that there is unlawful discrimination happening by the Admins of DA. Even though many pictures are labeled with mature warnings of many sorts, they are still deleted from the site. A prime example are the male-on-male sketches and pictures. Many have been deleted by a select artist, YET, her female-on-female portraits have not been touched. Such disgusting discrimination.

I thought this was a place where we could all come to express and display our art. Not have it thrown off of the site because one chauvinistic Admin was offended.

Please fix this error, and restore DeviantART to its former glory.
Comments173
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
:lock: by request of OP
All right, people. It's really not fair to attack Dani based on the sole fact that she's merely trying to solve a problem.

Let's take a step back and review said problem, shall we? "Even though many pictures are labeled with mature warnings of many sorts, they are still deleted from the site. A prime example are the male-on-male sketches and pictures. Many have been deleted by a select artist, YET, her female-on-female portraits have not been touched."

For those of you who for some reason don't understand these statements, let me put it simply. An admin has deleted an artist's yaoi work, but not her yuri work. Let's just take a moment to assume that this particular artist's artwork is very tasteful and unoffensive. Doesn't that smell a bit fishy, that the man-on-man art is deleted and not the woman-on-woman? Doesn't that just scream prejudice?
"Please fix this error, and restore DeviantART to its former glory."

Do you have any idea where you posted this thread? :lol:
It just so happens to be in the Complaint section because it's a--surprise!--complaint. Go figure!
:icongtfoplz: Go outside and take a look at the sign. The one that says Complaints. Then read what it says under that. The part about not expecting anything to change :unimpressed:
Just because a person shouldn't expect a change to happen shouldn't mean that a change isn't possible.
I rather doubt there is any sort of discrimination going on here. In all likelihood what happened is the pieces in question violated the rules and the users just jumped to the conclusion that there was discrimination instead of - shock! horror! - a rules violation.
If it breaks the rules, it's going to be taken down. If it doesn't break the rules, it will stay up. What is so hard for you to understand about this?

Uh huh.

Prove it.
1. There are LGBT admins on here.
2. I don't buy the discrimination thing. I've seen m/m pictures on here.
3. Way to out yourself to site. I'm pretty sure those pictures in your gallery don't belong to you.

Ain't no on discriminating against me!

Maybe it's because... I FOLLOW THE FREAKING RULES?

Not too difficult.
Maturity warnings were put on the pictures, but they were still deleted. I'm not saying it happens to everyone, but it IS happening. Just be wary.
Mature tags don't exempt you from the rules, numnuts.
Maturity warnings don't do a thing if the picture violates the site's rules :lol: You can't just post whatever you want.
You DID read the rules, right? I have them down pat so I don't have to deal with a bunch of jibber-jabber.
You keep forgetting most people just skim and click.
Then a bit confused why you brought up the filter at all... this sounds suspiciously like the jibber-jabber I was trying so hard to avoid.
Woe is me.
The only discrimination I've seen is how disgusting male-on-male is while female-on-female is hot. Makes no since because both are adorable.

Also, could it be possible that your friends are going against the rules?
I don't see how - we've researched it thoroughly. We worked hard together before I made this claim.
That's interesting.
Isn't discrimination always unjust though? Or are there times where it's acceptable?