technology, gadgets, and gizmos ( and the idiots who own them)

so my mom lent my little sister her laptop the laptop is a bit slow because of no one doing maintenance on it. now my sister who has a history of crashing computers is using my gaming/ work computer she is like the fucking plague to technology. now i don't want here touching my desktop because if she messes it up i will be beyond pissed with all the work i've done and plan to do. but my mom and sister are whine about the laptop being too slow hell they whine at at any general technologocal and expect me to fix it. why the hell should i care i've said it literally over 1000 time take care of your of stuff. They can wake up and do their hair every morning what so hard about fucking deleting the shit you don't use or need on the damn computer. It is fucking annoying to have to take the effort to fix a problem that could have been avoided i am not a fucking repair man i do not get my jollies have to fix every little issue. why the fuck can't anyone just take care of their own shit is it to much to ask for you wanted the damn thing and now you complain about it not working. Is it too much to ask for a day where they take care of their stuff and i can relax without somebody bothering me with a technology issue.
Comments41
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
yeah i vented problem's been smoothed over....sdo you guys have fun
Paragraphs, punctuation, capitalization... I SEE NONE OF THOSE. :stare:
... yeah not touching this one.
Paragraphs are ya friend, me girl. I know it's emotionally charging when people fuck with your shit, but please.
... Is it wrong that I read this in Sniper's voice?
No.

Because Sniper is the sexiest class. Spy can suck it.
No, Medic is. But Sniper's good too :D.
But Medic has a medigun so that he can help Pyro better deal with that annoying, backstabbing little teenage girl known as the Spy :D.
Sniper is a bad boy. I like bad boys.
View all replies
Is it too much to ask for a sentence that has some punctuation? :<

You seem to be the know-it-all on the tech stuff, so OF COURSE someone who doesn't know any better will ask for your help. You're readily available. My family is the same way: they use the computer for very simple things, and if an issue comes up, my husband and I are the first ones they ask for help. Rather than bitch about their ignorance, I educate them with how to fix a problem . That way, I am asked for help less often :thumbsup:

Rather than throw a temper tantrum, be a little more grown up and walk them through how to fix it themselves :aww:
ah but see here is the thing I've walk them threw it step by step multiple times and specifically told them "every now and then your need to clear out your computer delete the thing your don't need uninstall any old programs you don't use or it'll be bad later on when you to use it" Told them to come get me if there is even a small hic-up but they come when shit has hit the fan so lets go down the list of problems i've encountered.

Application errors
Cashe problems
DDL issues
Application paths
ETC.

I've even installed software that does this for them all they needed to do was run it once a month and it will tell them everything they need to know.

Ever deal with the blue screen of death and have to completely re-install an OS when the re-installing software wasn't kept it is not and easy thing to do.

I'm not bitching about the work I'm bitching about the sheer frequency of issues that happen when they have could have been avoided especially when I've said bring it to me when ever you hic-up i.e slow start ups or non-responsive programs.
I hate to be the big bad wolf, but is it really that much of an issue to help them? I mean really, it's not that hard for you because you know how but to them it could seem like rocket science. That's what family is all about, helping each other out with shit like that. I would bet that you've asked for your family's help more often than you'd care to admit, so get off of your high horse.

What exactly is so important in your life that you can't walk away from for half an hour to help out the people who support you?
It's not an issue to help it gets frustrating especially when they expect you to know how to fix the problem i learned from necessity i needed a computer where there wasn't so how do think i got one found it with the problems it came with and from step 1 I learned. Sure I'm complaining but you make it seem like I'm telling them to fuck off and i won't ever help them. What I need is a break from the stress of fix fix fix oh shit I might not be able to fix that venting if you will.
I think I got the gist of that but I can't be sure considering there is minimal punctuation. Take time to type up proper sentences, because your clarity is lacking.

Just be grateful you have the ability to give back to the family that provided for you.
it's like you love them but 8 out 10 time you want to kick them in the shin
That's when you say
Deleting stuff you don't use makes a computer run faster?
Having less stuff on your hard drive gives you faster boot-ups. Then if you remove stuff that likes to run immediately as soon as you boot-up, or else prevent them from starting up automatically, you speed up boot-ups even more as well as clear up memory.

Oh, and temp files.