Voting in Florida

Every four years, it's embarrassing to live in Florida. It's the same story each time. ”Dems will win here, Reps will win there, but Florida is an important swing state!” Yet every election, we fuck up. Big.

Seriously, I want to be a part of the process, I want my vote to matter. I'm told ”people died so you could have these freedoms.” Then fucking treat it that way! I don't care whose fault it is, just man up and fix it.

We give 29 electoral college votes to the candidate who wins our state and our polls close at 7 est. That's super early in the election, meaning we could decide an election for a candidate very early in the night. Instead, we look like a bunch of idiots.

How are we still counting votes? The election ended Tuesday. It's motherfucking Friday. Our 29 electoral votes mean jack shit now.

So thank you, fuck ups. I'm glad I could help decide the next president.
Comments133
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Just start voting for 2016 so you'll have your votes counted on time.
To have 29 electoral votes mean there are a crap load of folk living there. The electoral votes for president isn't cast until December anyway. So why are you complaining again?
I read "Vomiting in Florida" at first...

Just to relieve you:
You (as Floridians) don't really leave a bad impression in the International media;
America is one big clusterfuck to us to lol at.
We are happy that we don't have any deposit of oil, though...
How are they still counting for Florida only? o_O
They've been counted by now. It wasn't 'til Friday though. Florida is basically a clusterfuck during elections.
So why do they keep saying it's not included? As in why is it a mess? :?
The presidency was decided on Tuesday without Florida's votes. Everyone voted on Tuesday, though, but Florida didn't get their shit together until the Friday after the elections.
Wow! o_O
So late vote counts are not counted?
Well, we use the Electoral College to decide. Whoever gets 270 Electoral Votes first wins. So yeah, everything after the 270 doesn't matter for the presidency.
Bring this to politics. Not complaints.
YOU HAD ONE JOB, FLORIDA.
I was thinking this as I read the complaint. :lol:
I actually yelled it at the TV. :lol:

"Florida is still deciding."

"YOU HAD ONE JOB, FLORIDA. ONE FUCKING JOB."
Watching the news with me is very intense. I yell. A lot. :lol:

I'm also the world's most violent Uno player.
lol, I yell at the TV too, don't you worry. :D LOL :lmao: Violent Uno player....
Yeah, violent uno player. I tackled my friend yesterday because she hit me with a Draw Four.
View all replies
What do you mean "man up" to fix it? Why not 'femme up'? Since women are the god damn majority of voters now if you haven't seen the numbers. Maybe now we can stop blaming every failure in history on "men". Florida's so-called "fuck up" isn't one at all. You think a robo call that tells 12,500 voters to vote on wednesday was a mistake?!? You think the polls closing at 7 is a mistake? You think the letters that were sent out over the summer telling 182,000 voters they might not be citizens was a mistake?
None of this shit is mistake. This is a corrupt, republican run state that is making a sloppy as fuck mess out of its attempts to stop everyone other than republicans from voting. The 2000 election was no 'debacle'. It was George W's BROTHER who was governor of the state!!! "Yo bro- hook me up!"
The person who certified the election in the state was Bush's CAMPAIGN MANAGER. It wasn't a mistake. It was a rigged election.
Florida is where the old and senile go to die, did you really expect anything less?
I'm not old or dying. :(
Just wait a few decades.
You didn't complain about being sick! I'm proud of you!
I'm used to that. :p
Pssh. But you complain so much to me! On and on and on!

And stuff.

Love you.