Closed to new replies
November 8, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 38

Finding time to draw

:iconprincess-rufflebutt:
Princess-Rufflebutt Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Student General Artist
So I'm making an effort to draw on a daily basis. I've been finding that a bit hard since I have work, school, and I've been going to the gym a lot lately.

However, I really feel that I'm not improving at a rate that I would like to see and I feel that it's due to the fact that I don't have a lot of spare time to just doodle and practice.

And whenever I do have time, I just feel completely uninspired. It's starting to make me extremely frustrated, since I really want to get better as quickly as possible.

Anyways, just a rant about my life lately. And if anyone has some advice to offer I'm all ears.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconoh-cherie-cherie:
Oh-Cherie-Cherie Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Student General Artist
Make the drawing you do really meaningful.
For instance, if you could spare the time to take a life drawing course, or something like that, it would help a lot.
:icononefreeinternet:
OneFreeInternet Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Exact exact exact issue over here. I dunno when it will pass but we can sulk together. :icongrumpplz:
:iconmainstremrebellion:
MainstremRebellion Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I'm the opposite :| I need time to do everything else. Fine art course: don't do one. Your love for art will disappear, and you will soon start to hate anything that looks even moderately artsy. Kill me now.
Princess-Rufflebutt Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Student General Artist
-is planning on going to art school to pursue a life-long dream of becoming an artist by trade- Well fuck.
:iconthisismyboat:
thisismyboat Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
You don't have to be inspired to draw. Carry around a small sketchbook with you and draw whatever you see in front of you. It's an easy way to get at least 10-15 minutes of drawing done while you're waiting for the bus or something. You can also draw during down time at work.
:iconcakeroll:
cakeroll Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012
I agree time is also my problem :(

if only someone can buy me some time.
^^;
:iconmattyohh:
Mattyohh Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012
Sell everything you own to finance 'more time for drawing'
:icongloriousphilia:
Gloriousphilia Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012
Oh. My. God.

I'm suffering with this exact same issue!
Princess-Rufflebutt Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Student General Artist
It sucks. :c I have hours of spare time right now yet when I pick up a pencil my mind just blanks out. At work today my mind was racing with ideas. wtf
:icongloriousphilia:
Gloriousphilia Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012
Hmm... Try finding some techno/electro musics. That help me getting some ideas! xD
Add a Comment: