What's wrong with Disney?!?

I don't know why everytime Disney buys a company (like recently Lucas Flim) or there's rumours about it everybody gets like:
:nuu: NOOOOO, DISNEY IS GOING TO RUIN EVERYTHING WE LOVE AND TURN IT INTO GIRLY STUFF :nuu:

Why?!? What's wrong with Disney buying things? Look at Marvel, Marvel is owned by Disney.
Is Iron Man a prince that goes rescue the princess Black Widow to a tower guarded by Hulk? NO.
Is Daredevil a cursed prince who needs to find someone who loves him (like Electra o.o)to be normal again? NO
Then why everybody fears things like this will happen?!?!?

I DON'T GET IT, Would somebody explain me why people think this?!?
Comments140
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Well we all know the great mouse is going to control the world some day.
Let's see. Princess Leia is now a Disney Princess, fitting in with Belle and stuff, Darth Vader is now a Disney villain and Jar Jar Binks and Goofy are the best of friends. Yeah, that's it.

Question is... What's wrong with :iconletter-uplz::iconquestionmarkplz:
And where are the films where this canonically happens?
Have we seen Mary Jane being bff with Minnie? Nope, you're just being paranoiac :shrug:
Because people don't actually know how disney even works and assumes they make and fund only kiddie movies.

What, 20,000 leagues under the sea? Black Cauldron? TRON? The dub of Princess Mononoke? The Black Hole? I dunno what you're talking about. (Seriously, would some of those Ghibli dubs have even been made if it weren't for Disney funding them?)

Or also because Disney does corporate behaviours they don't like. Lemme ask you this: Name one corporation that does not engage in any dickery simply to gain money. Oh, and you lose if you say Google or Valve. You just know that if any other company did the stuff they do, people would be screaming "GOUGING!" and "MILKING!" but nope, they did a different approach: Build a loyal fanbase who'll defend any choice you make and then start acting like a corporation so they actually defend your fuck-ups and dickery.
I agree with you, people just assume ridiculous stuff will happen :shrug:
watch marvel super hero squad then watch the avengers/ fantastic4/ ironman/ xmem, or the wolverine then you'll know why disney don't give the marvel universe the respect it deserves marvel is just a way to attract younger males to disney i.e. more money sure it does some things good it spawned pixar, world together with studio ghibli rather well on multiple occasions and some other things other than that...............disney is the defileler
Actualy Superhero Squad premiere was before Disney acquired it and let's admit it DC may be terrible with action movies compared to Marvel (Marvel has a lot successful characters in movies and DC just has Batman, because GL sucked), but when comes to animation, Marvel usually sucks (there's some exceptions but knowing that 75% of animated DC stuff is really neat, those exception are a few)
same with disney some interesting stuff came from it it makes no sense but disney is evil especially for the actors the disney channel spawns most are no talent who are only remembered for a screw up
...Disney is still relevant?
>Girly Stuff

They keep them as their own separate divisions, and mostly people are mad cause new star wars, when they'll pump out something good, like with the Avengers.
I think the problem is that stars wars is already horrible :stare:
I more hate the fact that Disney makes hardly any animation anymore and just full the tv slot times with poor life action sitcoms.
Only a brainwashed Star Wars fan will make such ridiculous claims.

Such act can be observed again if Lauren Faust decides to cancel MLP:FIM and sell it to another company. The fans will rise in protest, only with more violence and zealous riots never before seen in the history of Mankind.
Lauren Faust doesn't own them (She just worked on the designs and first season)that is Hasbro's property
I hope it's totally cancelled :evillaugh:
People still care about Disney and Star Wars?
Looks like o_o
I think people often associate the the "bad disney" with High School Musical and Camp Rock...
Here's the deal. When I hear something is "Disney", immediately I think cutesy, kiddish, glitzy fairy-tale like. I know Disney's made other things like Pirates of the Caribbean and the Avengers (even though I had no clue they had bought out Marvel), but it's the name. It invokes a certain image, no matter what it is we're talking about.
Disney owns Marvel? The Avengers was released by Marvel Studios in the U.S. I saw nothing about Disney.
Yeah, don't you remember the shitstorm?