They did it for no reason

My complaint: The fucking fools in the various dA forums, who blindly believe in anything posted in an OP.

Especially this: The person we're meant to hate according to whatever OP "did it for no reason!"

Seriously, people?
How often do people really do things for no reason? Bad reasons, sure. Not-thought-out-reasons? Abso-fucking-lutely!
No reason at all? Not so much.

And yet, every time I see some idiot posting a clearly biased and one-sided description of events, a bunch of equally idiotic individuals lap it up. :stare:

From very early on, I was always taught to think about possible motivators for a source. Don't they teach that any more?
Or do they teach it, and all those uncritical fools just can't comprehend it?

<idiots>Oh lol, it's on the internet, so it must be true!
Some guy wrote it, look! Trooofs!</idiots>
Comments118
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Then we'd become a bunch of skeptics who believe nothing! but usually I just take in the information that's given to me, if it's believable. I'm aware there's more than one way of viewing the situation but the other view isn't here, so we judge by the information we're given.
Again, you are one of those people who seem to think they must judge.
Can't you ever just not take a stance? Can't you just say "I don't know, and I probably never will"? Must you take a side?
Exactly what threads are we talking about, by the way?
Holy change of topic, Batman! The fuck?
Well, perhaps I'd be more understanding of your point of view if I knew the exact threads you're referring to.
Really? You need to read several threads to understand why blindly believing in a statement is bad?

I can't be bothered to look. I can live with you not getting it.
Well, I.. nevermind. :icononionfailplz:
I wonder how many of the real reasons for those things are boredom. It's a reason for a lot of the things I do. That and habit. The habit of boredom.
[citation needed]
I do lots of shit for no reason...but I usually say that science is the reason.

I've nearly burned my house down for science once. I was trying to make fudge and it exploded. My parents didn't know whether to be pissed or impressed. :la:

And on Tuesday I accidentally set part of my science experiment on fire. My lab partner and I had to work with a piece of foil with tape on it to see what would happen when heat was applied. We accidentally put too much heat and then FIREBALL.

I also nearly electrocuted myself when I was younger. For science.

:icontealdeerplz::iconsaysplz:Keep me the fuck away from science.
One day you'll work for Myth Busters!
It is my destiny to blow shit up for a living.
Life is not third person omniscient.
Actually, no. We aren't taught to think for ourselves, question the source of the information or search beyond the materials we are given here in America. As George Carlin once said, "Americans are taught enough only to be able to push the buttons that work the machines but not enough to be able to question the superiors." And it's true - just a memorization of facts are we given; if you differ from the teacher's opinions in a lot of classes, that question is marked completely wrong.

Also, it's the internet. :icontheresyourproblemplz:
Both are sad.
I never said it was happy. :/
I know. What are you on about?
I cannot recall. Meeting adjourned.
You encounter plenty of that offline. Friends will say something and it'll all be believed because they're your friend and all, no?

I think it's just ignorance where people don't bother to look at different sides. Or maybe laziness. :O
But that's different. If you have a friend, you have a frame of reference to judge their truthfulness by. That's a whole lot more than one post by some stranger on the Internet.

Apart from that, I agree completely. Laziness and ignorance.
Regardless, you should still consider the other side. If your friend is dissing a person, you shouldn't automatically assume their opinion of that person is right, or factual.

It's similar in this case, but even more. You don't know the other person and vice versa, most of the time, so considering different sides wouldn't hurt.
Your story is too boring, so it must be a lie!
Why would you say that?????? You're mean for no reason at all!!!