Disrespecting a woman.

Pardon a little context first.

Today I found myself again arguing with a female workmate in front of our other co-workers. Avoiding blame, she said it was all my fault various setbacks happened, when I proved the opposite with duly-filled paperwork, she resorted to name-calling and imitating me, saying she has every right to disrespect me since I was late that day due to issues I justified with the boss.

I'm not a very patient man in front of an unruly child.

So among quite a few general insultes I aggressively recalled her being late, without any warning and I had to call her up and didn't disrespect her for being absent when she told me she was taking care of her "girlfriends little shit kid" (what I said). Boss came in while all hell broke loose, co-worker storming off, one girl actually crying. Boss was okay with me since he saw her provoke me but he can't really do anything since we need her on the team for now.

NOW back to the topic at hand, the girl who was crying comes up to me a mess and tells me "You can't disrespect a woman like that.", and I told her that I wasn't a man disrespecting a woman; I was a person disrespecting a person without any respect for anything. Now as a firm believer of equal gender rights, I believe I was in the right. Do you guys think man and woman deserve different treatments when throwing shit around and getting it thrown back at them?
Comments68
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Now they are trying to get me fired for making two girls cry. Nice. Real nice.
Respect is earned. Sex is irrelevant. It's not like you went on a date and told people you slept with her. You were engaged in an argument in which you were equals. It sounds like she disrespected you.
As a feminist, I'd say that they both sound like bitches. Being a certain gender doesn't mean you get to act like a bitch without repercussions.

Note I refer to "bitch" as a term for "jerk," and not as a degrading term for "female person/dog"
I'd have laughed in her face and told her to come back when she can stop being such a fucking cry baby bitch. How's that for disrespect?
Of. Fucking. Course. Not.

It's called being hypocritical, and your co-worker should be shameful for being just a bitch in general.
My boyfriend has a saying: "Equal rights, equal fights." :meow:
Male or female, if I find you're not deserving of respect, I will not give it to you. Simple as that.
You can take so many times, but that is the point of being in a professional work environment. You act professional unless your life is in absolute danger. You don't stoop down to their level, otherwise you're going to look just as bad as them. Fighting fire with fire is ridiculous. You took the bait and as a result, now you look just as bad as she does.
You should slap her and tell her how it is!
:stare:
That's unbelievable, they're both incredibly moronic. One might normally pity the oversensitive one, but when a dipshit cries for no reason then tries to blame it on you all sympathy probably goes out the window.
So... You both acted completely unprofessionally, yet somehow it's related to gender?

It sound unreasonable, as you tell it, sure, but I'd like to hear the other side of the stioy.
Didn't you get the memo? Everything is related to gender!
It can't be unprofessionalism, who'd think of that?
I never get the memo! :iconcryingplz:

There must be some sexism in the memo department.
Sexism in the memo department? :o
Why didn't you say so, let's get the pitchforks and torches right away!
I can't type for shit...
Seeing as most people scream equal rights left, right and center now it was only fair. You had all the right to do that. The whole "You can't do x because I'm y" argument is a bit stale after you hear the same person campaigning about equality.
Feminism = Where women can do whatever they want (pulling a sexist card) and we men can't do jack shit without a massive repercussion.
I hope the boss reproaches the tantrum woman for her unprofessional behavior, and the second for crying (also unprofessional) OK, you were unprofessional too, but you were provoked. :shrug:

Both women have a victim mentality. Watch your back. The rumours will start soon.
Personally, since I believe in hearing both sides, I'm going to have to ask whether or not you reacted a bit aggressively (the "little shit kid" comment wasn't very nice.

On the other hand I also believe that egomaniacal prissy-dolls all desperately need a good punch in the face from reality sooooooooo

Way to go :)
Don't worry, she had it coming.
A man should never argue with a woman, unless he is willing to get permanent hairloss at an early age or the near future. LoL
In reality, you did the right thing, you got your point across, the boss knew it, and you still have your job.
Oh god, now I’m self conscious about my hair.

When you put it that way though, totally worth all the mean looks at work.