Clothes

I hate shopping for clothes! Nothing fits me I'm only 4'11 or 5'0 but NOTHING fits me!
It's like you have to be 5'5 to fit into stupid pants. I shopped at the American Eagle (so overpriced for crap) and bought a shirt, the people didn't tell me that it couldn't go in the dry cleaner and it was in VERY tiny letters on the bottom inside of the stupid shirt and it ripped! I hate buying clothes and I can't look 'normal' like every other girl at school because their clothes are nice and fashionable and mine are crap from Gymboree (yeah the only pants that fit me), JCPenny (only buy shirts there), and Target (pants from 5th grade...). I have pants from Old Navy which my mom "though would fit me" they were too big!
Everyone gave up on shopping with me cause apparently the only pants there are now are jeans...and I like modest things damn, being a Muslim and shopping for clothes is hard T.T and I still can't believe my mom took me to the "Womens" clothing section and said "If you act like a freakin 20 year old then dress like one!" it was horrible I don't want to look like some old lady who's trying to look young :(
That was a really long rant about something retarded as clothes.
Comments92
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
So? You aren't looking hard enough or you just whine too much.
I'm the same height and I also have a hard time finding jeans. But I do manage to find the right ones for my age group.
Looking for pants in the kids section will make you look...kid-ish. The designs on it is too juvenile and since you're 20 you don't want that.
I personally like Forever 21 and H&M. I like simple and plain casual dresses because it looks good on me (and my height).
I'm not 20 O_o umm I'm still a teen. I can't wear dresses, my mom doesn't let me and I haven't worn one in years.
In your OP, your Mom said you act 20. I just assumed you were. :shrug:
So you just wear a shirt and pants?
Whats so bad about about a dress that she won't let you wear one?
Well she never buys them or wears them herself. I don't wear dresses because the only parties I really go too are birthday parties or parties held by Indian-Pakistani people so I just wear my Pakistani clothes to those :\
Yeah my mom picks stuff out she likes for a middle aged woman for some teen. Yeah so now whenever I wear those clothes I looked like some 30 year old trying to look young or when its me wearing kids clothing it looks like a teen is trying to look 8
Casual dresses can also be worn at parties, but they can still be everyday wear. [link]
and I would be allowed to wear *those* nope still wouldn't be able wear them. (Yeah my religion and 'normal' clothes don't mix well into each other and me being religious doesn't help much either)Some of them are cute but still look too mature for my age and I don't look cute in anything. Since I haven't worn them in years (like 4th grade or something) I probably wouldn't even feel comfortable in any of those.
I imagine you'd have more luck searching for clothing over the internet rather than in limited local stores. A quick search came across a multitude of fashionable, non-revealing dresses. I'm sure if you had a look around you'd find something that'd fit well and flatter too, and that's a huge confidence boost in itself.

Here's a couple I found in a brief search:
[link]
[link]
[link]
[link]

Add some accessories and you're away :)
View all replies
Casual dresses. NOT dresses that are meant for parties and special occasions.
Still nobody in my family wears dresses. I wish I could slip on a dress and wear it to school but it looks scary. *googles casual dresses* crap...I would never be allowed to wear those, they're too short and I have shirts as long as those O_o. I would have to wear leggings under those and they seem to tight that I would ruin it by wearing some sort of sweater thing over it.
So since no one else wears dresses, you can't?
Either you have no fashion sense or you're just too lazy.
Dresses comes in all sizes and styles. They're not all the same. :unimpressed:
You can wear a baggy shirt, and wear a bright colored belt to emphasize your waist so you don't look like you're drowning in the dress. Wear fitted jeans. "Fitted" as in not too tight and not too baggy.
View all replies
Try Very (very.co.uk I believe they ship worldwide if you're not a UK resident), they have a great petite section. Most of their jeans/trousers are generally suited to people about 5"1/5"2, so you may still have to search a little, they're not overly expensive either, especially if you go check the sale section :)
I'd advise looking on ebay! You can get some really cheap things from there, and just experiment with brands/sizes etc until you find something right for you. If you get something that doesn't fit you, you can just reauction it at the same price!
I wouldn't worry about shopping in clothes shops that are aimed at people older than you; I'm nineteen, and shop in clothes shops aimed at people 21+, and you can actually find some nice things! I'm not Muslim, but I do tend to dress modestly, and it is possible to buy modest things and still look nice! Just try all the shops you can, and if you really struggle, maybe try your hand at sewing, and making something of your own! It's much easier than you'd think, trust me!

Good luck.
I wish things were more modest nowadays, like girls are wearing tops that are those racerback things and they think they're "modest" because their wearing a tank underneath but also their bra and so they are like "nuuu I'm wearing 2 tank tops underneath~" :\ Some stuff is annyoying because it has images of living things. It's so hard to find stuff I like because my mom ALWAYS has to go with me and my friends are modest too and it took like 4 hours to buy something for $4 at JcPenny on Clearance because it was like the only thing that I liked and my mom approved of. (she picks out grandma sweaters for me..heck my grandpa wore something she picked out for me at TjMaxx..)
Ah, TJ Maxx... it's called TK Maxx over here in England. I find it really easy to find clothing in the UK, but I suppose in America it's much more difficult.

My clothing is modest, but relatively stylish, I like to think. For instance, today, I wore a long sleeved navy t shirt, with a frilly strapped pale green top over the top, straight cut jeans, and calf high boots, with a long cardigan and scarf. So plenty of layers (Though that might just be because it's November and freezing right now...)!

It's not too hard :) You'll develop an eye for clothing that will look nice but modest as you gain experience! I'd definitely suggest going to older clothing shops; just ditch the mother for a bit! ;)
She wont let me because she needs to monitor me (I'm only in Junior High)
I feel the other shorties around here. I'm 5'4". There is nothing more humiliating than having to go to the freaking KIDS SECTION to get a fancy shirt so I can where it to work. I am 24 with a full time professional job. Shopping for clothes in the boy's section.

What is thy bidding, my Tallest?
:( that's not good, yeah nothing on the JUNIORS section fits me and I feel as if people laugh at my clothes o-0 if only I could go to school wearing Pakistani clothes, then I could look boss and they'd actually fit but they aren't meant for winter o-o
It sounds like you are one of those persons that are supposed to get a sewing machine and just head on from there. Then you could make your own Pakistani clothes from warmer cloth and it'll still look good. It's possible.
Yeah but who wears stuff like this: [link] to an american school?
I would if I could but I'm embarrassed to wear them.
Seriously, sometimes you need to develop a thick skin. On the other hand: not all Panjabs are made with bling-bling and if you can sew, you can choose yourself. And at least you don't want to wear a Sari.

That said: I doubt people would understand. Or maybe, you could wear the top with Jeans, then it would be a Tunika (I hope that name at least exists in US).
No it does not exist...I've never heard of the word myself o-o. //I fail and hate jeans// I know Punjabi clothing isn't bling bling, it was the closest thing i could find on the internet to what I actually have. They're all to fancy for school ><
i know!!!!!!!!!
i hated 2 shop for clothes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's annoying, especially pants..yes PANTS ARE EVIL DX