Details

Closed to new replies
November 5, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 22

I just want what's MINE!

:iconcosmicspider:
I got laid off earlier this year when the Government of Canada closed down the library in which I worked (along with 7 others). I've recently started up a new course at a cooking school and it's going great. Except I am flat broke. I have less than $100 to my name now. I've been trying to find work but since I'm changing industries and for complicated bullshit reasons cannot return to my previous work environment (they'll demand my severance pay back if I return there within 12 months of my being laid off) and my lack of experience in this new industry, it's proving pretty damn difficult. So I applied for Unemployment Benefits, months after I was actually laid off, because I don't see the point in taking money I don't need when others do. Well now I NEED THAT. But can I fucking get a hold of an ACTUAL PERSON to talk to?! It took five redials and various different phone-menu button combinations before I was put on a 25 minute hold for what will hopefully get me an actual human on the other end of the line. I'm angry and insulted and anxious and confused and just about ready to take a fucking chainsaw into the nearest goddamn Service Canada office and demand those motherfuckers actually do something helpful. They're lucky I can't afford a chainsaw right now. Maybe some lunatic will bomb the Parliament and we'll be able to start over with a country run with some kind of goddamn sense. I should just become an alcoholic and go on disability for my "sickness", that would get me money so much quicker... Ugh! Fuck you Government of Canada! Fuck you Service Canada! Fuck!

:icontealdeerplz: I just want to apply for EI and not starve or become homeless, is that so much to ask for?! Fuck you Canadian government!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsapphire-ashesx:
You don't need a tool to kill somebody, just use your hands. :la:
:iconquixotic-spark:
quixotic-spark Nov 6, 2012  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
Shame on you for not taking government money when you didn't need it! Seriously though, it sucks that now than you actually need it, they're being difficult.

Good luck with cooking school!
:iconmisterturtle:
MisterTurtle Nov 5, 2012
Oh, it's the Fifth of November! I know now! :la:
:iconprosaix:
prosaix Nov 5, 2012
Well it's not really yours...
:icondivine--apathia:
divine--apathia Nov 5, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
REMEMBER REMEMBER THE 5TH OF NOVEMBER.
SHIT I DIDN'T EVEN REALIZE.
:iconrandomrobskii:
RandomRobskii Nov 5, 2012  Student Filmographer
Coincidence about blowing up parliament or did you do that on purpose? :lol:
Pure coincidence hah, honestly. I was too angry to even realize the date.
:iconrandomrobskii:
RandomRobskii Nov 5, 2012  Student Filmographer
:lol:
I don't blame you, I'd be pretty pissed too, if I was in your position.
I'm even more upset now, because apparently legally speaking I "quit" my job. Even though they're the ones who cut my position. And had no other job to offer me. :iconfacepalmplz:

I'm contacting my MP to see if he can't do something to help me here.
Add a Comment: