November 4, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 55

I am not your goddamn online-therapist!

:iconhkepoetry:
hkepoetry Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Let me make things clear:
I care when someone tells me they're not feeling well. That they are in pain. That they are hurting.
But you all must know this: it's not my job to make you feel better. It's not up to me to fix all your problems. I am not your therapist, I am not your best friend and I am not your mom. I am only a person you know online. I cannot help you, at least not in the way you might want me to.
I can lend you an ear, lend you a shoulder to cry on and give you advice, but if you don't take my words seriously and ignore what I say, why the hell should I even bother to help you at all?

To all of you out there with problems, no matter what kind:
of course I care when you tell me you need advice, of course I can listen to you, of course I want to help you. But! Wanting to help doesn't mean that I can!
To all of you who cling to us people online whenever you are having issues: yes, we can listen to you, give you advice, tell you that we love you and care for you. And then what? Are your problems gone? Did we solve your life crisis for you? No.
You think you "only" need to talk to someone to make it "better", but that's just a poorly executed placebo-effect; you "think" it's helping you, but it's not. Getting all those comments, notes, emails of encouraging words, filled with superficial love... it only helps for a few hours, if not less. Then you notice something you don't like or making you feel bad again and you're back to square one. Does that really help you? Think about it, and you will know the answer's no.

You think we can help you, but we can't! We cannot give you what you want, and most importantly, we cannot give you what you need! We cannot make your problems magically disappear! Only YOU can do something about your problems! Only you! No one else!
Take responsability of your actions (or lack of actions) and do something about it in whatever way you see fit! But please, stop shoving the responsability on everyone else, 'cause only YOU are at fault for whatever situation you're in. Because if the problem you're having has gotten so big that you're making yourself physically ill but REFUSE to listen to doctors, family members and friends, then it's about fucking time you did something about it yourself!!

This is the last fricking time I'll bring this up. And I swear to God, if ANYONE tries to pin their goddamn issues on me or anyone else who ISN'T at fault for their problems, I'm gonna throw their bodies into a wood-cutter.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmasterplanner:
MasterPlanner Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
:iconkitsumekat:
kitsumekat Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012
Why don't you just click the x button,stop talking to them, or charge a fee for your services?
hkepoetry Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I do that now.
Delete them and not talking to them, that is. :D
But if it happens again, I'll ask for a fee and see how they'll react. :dummy:
Make the fee large.
I'll make it huge. Enormous. Gigantic.
And charge by the hour.
Totally.
After a three hours session, it'll be double the fee. <-- Pardon my grammar if it's a bit off, I'm not from an English-speaking country.
It's ok. Not many in complaints are from an English speaking country.
:iconangelishi:
angelishi Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Several people are truly incapable of fixing their current situations, particularly because they're either kids or teenagers. For them, it's not about standing up and moving under a bridge on their own because mommy didn't hug them enough, that's just not how it works - they need superficial support and a smile on their face to pull through the few years they've left on "house nightmare".

If you're incapable of dishing such a simple thing out, then I suggest you stop putting yourself up for it like an idiot.
Did I touch a nerve, or something? Oops, my bad. Still stand for what I wrote.

Not all people with issues are teenagers, you know. Some are adults and are fully capable of understanding when they need to do. That being said, it doesn't excuse teenagers to act like their lives are the worst and it's up to everyone else to solve it for them.

I can give "superficial support" and smile. I have no problem doing that.
But! When they are demanding me to solve their goddamn life crisis for them and give up my own life for their sake, they have crossed the line.
Add a Comment: