Closed to new replies
November 3, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 83

Breastfeeding nazis.

:icontheleaveshaveeyes:
theleaveshaveeyes Nov 3, 2012  Professional Photographer
After careful consideration of feeding options for my baby, I decided upon bottle-feeding pumped breast milk.

The idea of having a baby chomp on my nipples makes me uncomfortable, not to mention my nipples are very sensitive and hurt easily. I still want the health benefits of my own milk for my baby, so I decided that pumping would be a good choice (supplemented by formula if necessary) Also, I wouldn't always have to be the one to feed her. My boyfriend could also do it so I could get more sleep. Plus I've heard it's easier to regulate how much the baby gets so she could go longer without needing to be fed. It would also be ideal when going back to work or starting school again.

But when telling these plans to other people, a few decided to guilt trip me about how it's so much better and comforting to feed from the breast, and how I won't bond with my daughter if I don't let her gnaw on my boobs. Considering how much physical and emotional hardship I've endured so far through my pregnancy and the fact that I'm still attached to her and excited to have her, I'm not concerned about bonding.

tealdear: Breastfeeding nazis on their high horses think I'll be a terrible mother because I want to bottlefeed.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkitsumekat:
I couldn't drink either so, I don't get why people say it's good for you to breastfeed.
:iconredmarlin:
a few decided to guilt trip me about how it's so much better and comforting to feed from the breast, and how I won't bond with my daughter if I don't let her gnaw on my boobs

I was bottle-fed with what I'm fairly certain was cow juice, and I feel fine, so don't fret too much over how you feed your baby.

And reading this with your icon gave me a veeeery strange image in my head.
:icontheleaveshaveeyes:
theleaveshaveeyes Nov 5, 2012  Professional Photographer
I think most formula is made from cow's milk or soy. It's supposed to be comparable as far as nutrition goes.
:iconmaryyana:
MaryYana Nov 5, 2012   Traditional Artist
People act like babies are sensitive, super special glass statues that need all this special treatment to turn out good and will break in a million pieces if everything does not perfectly suit them, yet when it's time to raise them they back away and go all "but they're only three/four/five/six!". Fucking pussies. No wonder people end up the way they do.

Feed your kid as you wish, as long as you don't fire breastmilk down its throat with a shotgun.
:iconstopandthink97:
StopAndThink97 Nov 5, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
It's your child and your body. Do what you think is right. Personally I don't think it will really make a difference. :shrug:
:iconsapphire-ashesx:
That's your choice, not theirs.
:iconplaceusernamehere:
Funny, because isn't your avatar a hipster Hitler? :lol:
Ignore them. It's not like you decreed to never touch your baby ever. If you don't want to have to be bitten by babies, it's no one else's business.
My solution? Eat the ones guilt-tripping you. They sound like fools.
:iconashieepants:
Ashieepants Nov 4, 2012
My nephew was day-one formula-fed after my sister-in-law tried breastfeeding him once, he wouldnt latch and gave up completely. :| Didn't even look at using the breast pump.

However, in her defense, formula these days is pretty darn good in terms of nutrients, and Zach didn't suffer for it, he loves his mum no less.

Kudos to you for wanting to give your bub breast milk, it's your choice and yours alone how you feed your child. Let people like that stress themselves about it, it's still not going to affect what you do for you and your baby.

All the best. <3
:iconzodiacgal:
zodiacgal Nov 4, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Hey, it's your choice. I think it works.
:iconawesomeizzy:
awesomeizzy Nov 4, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I think my mum breastfed me and my siblings, but I think she chose to do that. I really think that it's the mother's choice.
Add a Comment: