I Weep Tears of Blood

Well, not quite. My left eye has been pouring tears for the last month. Just the left, and most of the time I don't even notice it until I realize how damp the side of my face is, or feel it trickling down my nose. It's weird to not even know you're crying, but there you go. And I mean, full on hysterical sobbing kind of tears, they literally shower down the side of my face at times. Other times its a slow drip. Either way, most times I don't notice, so I get some funny looks.

For a while I thought it was my new glasses, or my old ones, or whatever, but I guess not.

Anyways, i've been brushing away so many tears that i've chafed a small hole under my eye, and sometimes it bleeds a little. Worse, tears aren't actually water (obviously), they're this nasty, sticky stuff. So if I don't notice, and they dry, i've got this crusty crap all over my eye that hurts to wipe off and makes the cut worse.

I'm not even sure whether I need a doctor or an optometrist. :/

Bonus Complaint: Everyone liked my halloween costume, but people kept asking me what I was, and I had no idea how to answer. Also, working 8 hours in a corset is not something i'll repeat. Also also, people kept trying to steal my hat. :<
Comments59
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Stop dying. D:
Sounds like an eye infection. When my contacts get old, sometimes I leak tears from mild irritation but it goes away once I put in a new pair.
...your tears are sticky? see a doctor. immediately.
They're not supposed to be?
i don't think so.
No. Tears should be mostly water with some proteins mixed in. They should be basically clear fluid.
Sounds like there might be something wrong with your tear duct especially since it is excreting sticky stuff.
You could get a cloth hanky for the moment. Dry your face off every once in a while. When your face gets crusty, get it wet to wipe it off, rather than ripping your skin open.
At least they aren't crystals. There is this girl who has been secreting crystals out of her eyes. So strange.
It sounds like you're half severely depressed,. Your other half (the dominant one) doesn't realize it, so your depressed half just sits there weeping without your noticing it. It's a weird brain thing, and will probably require some type of extremely potent medication with a lot of shitty side effects. Trust me, I'm a self-proclaimed psycholodoctor.

In the meantime, I suggest drinking a lot of fluids to replace the water lost by your depressed eye. Alcohol is good because it's got the added benefit of being fun. If you don't have alcohol, though, just use soda. Not diet soda either, you need the sugar. Also, keep a bucket on your lap to catch the tears dripping off your chin. That way you can focus on more important things, like the complaints forum, without having to worry about ruining your new hot pants.
That sounds kind of medical, man.
You need a doctor. :icondrdreplz:
Take your eyeball out with an Ice Cream Scoooper, problem solved! :dummy:
*Insert Binding of Isaac reference here*
And then a skeleton popped out, right?
You should REALLY go to a doctor, especially if it's been a month.

Do you put anything on your face or hands or eyes? Makeup or lotion or something you could be allergic to
Nope. I'm allergic to most makeup and lotion, so I don't use them. The stuff I have I got from a dermatologist and is safe for me, but even then I only use it on special occasions. Shit is expensive.
Maybe you've become allergic to your shampoo or conditioner
But then i'd have other allergy symptoms, like hives or pain.
:( Maybe you have an eye ulcer or something, idk what else would cause this
Your complaints are too damn depressing.
Well, my title sure is. I dunno if this is depressing as much as it is weird as hell.
aret

aret y u so werd