It's fucking November

We all know my heat tolerance is shittier than the American congress. Anything over 60F and I'm gone, hence the reason that I love winter so much. Heat exhaustion and I are quite well aquainted, despite the fact that we hate each other.

You would think that, by November, I'd be fine.

LOLNOPE.

It was a little chilly outside today (and since this is me, the person with the cold tolerance that rivals that of a god, it was probably actually somewhere near absolute zero), so for my soccer class we had to play inside.

In the gym.

Which is hot enough to make Satan cry. :stare:

I started out okay...but that only lasted for about five minutes. Everything seemed to start fading away, my concentration pretty much vanished, the room started spinning, and I was sweating by the truckload (I did drink a lot of water, but to no avail).

Stupid, stubborn me kept playing because I like kicking things too much, and then I stopped sweating completely but kept heating up.

My gym teacher saw I was in distress and had one of my friends in the class take me outside for a little bit to try and cool off.

NOPE. :iconshaplz:

Next thing I know I'm laying in the nurse's office, a pale, shaking mess. I slept until school was over, since this class was my last class of the day, and when I woke up I had the chills. I didn't feel like I was going to pass out anymore, so I went home, went to my shift at the animal shelter, bought some more stuff for my knitting, and went home, all while still battling the chills.

Now I'm battling nausea! Hooray, my life sucks! :dummy:

:icontealdeerplz::iconsaysplz:Only I can get heat exhaustion in FUCKING NOVEMBER.

Bonus Complaint: I spent half and hour this morning fighting with my computer to get my NaNoWriMo document properly set up and change some settings in OpenOffice so iit would measure the correct wordcount. I really should have just stayed in bed today.

Anti-complaint 1: There's two litters of kittens at the shelter I volunteer at that only just turned eight weeks old, and when I went into their room they all flocked around me and started climbing on me, playing with my hair, purring, mewing, and snuggling up against me. One of the little boogers managed to climb up my back, sit down on my shoulder, and start licking my cheek.

The other volunteers found me completely buried by these little guys.

THE QUEEN OF CATS, I AM.

Anti-complaint 2: I got a second set of knitting needles and more yarn. WATCH OUT, SOMEDAY I SHALL RIVAL THE PLUSHIES WITH LOVELY SCARVES.
Comments224
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I am the exact opposite. Hottest day in the history of the fucking desert? Not a problem. But if it's a tiny bit cold, I always shiver :saddummy:
Absolute zero and the universe is falling apart around me? Lol that the best you got?

Creeps above 60F? SHIT WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE.
I'm the same way with heat, I'd probably get heat exhaustion as well if I were in that situation.

November seems to depress me for some reason, so yes, November is awful. :stare:
I like November for NaNoWriMo.
Oh, what's that?
National Novel Writing Month. You have to write 50,000 words in one month.
That sounds amazing! :0
This is my third year participating. I've won every time so far.
Awesome and woah, congrats! :3
View all replies
You would definitely die where i live :iconteheplz:
That damn gym gave me heat exhaustion in FEBRUARY. Something must be done.
I demand proper air conditioning in the building.
I'm thinking they'll start planning to renovate right after they get the new high school design worked out and stop pouring money into that literal sinkhole they call a field.
They need to just let it die already.
You'll die as soon as you touch the ground here in Texas if you're that prone to heat exhaustion.

It's supposed to be nice and chilly here but instead the air is thick with humidity and hot like the dickens.
If I go any farther south than Pennsylvania I'll die.
Never come here then.

Unless you want fried everything during the state fair...
...I don't mind fried chicken...
You must try it with the fried butter. I believe it goes well with the fried watermelon too.
...Americans y u so scary...
Oy, that indeed sucks. :stare: I went a few days ago to my gran who was in the hospital then and when I got home I was as sweaty as in the middle of the summer, though it was quite cold outside and I was only in a t-shirt and jacket...