November 1, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 468

why does todays pop music suck so much balls

:iconhorrificsensation:
HorrificSensation Featured By Owner Nov 1, 2012
why?!!!!!!!! WHY!!! >_>

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsapphire-ashesx:
Sapphire-Ashesx Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012
Mean. :saddummy:
HorrificSensation Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012
oh man i dnt even care about this post anymore XD >.>
Sapphire-Ashesx Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012
lol I'm sure.
HorrificSensation Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012
lol XD
Sapphire-Ashesx Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012
:nod:
:iconferricplushy:
FerricPlushy Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
BRING BACK FLOCK OF SEAGULLS
:icontransformergirl:
Transformergirl Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
why?!!!!!!!! WHY!!! >_>

Got more for me there, sentence?
:iconscee-kel:
Scee-Kel Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2012
So, metal fan, eh? What subgenre/bands? And why must you go around reinforcing the 'dumb teenager' and 'pretentious metal fan' stereotypes?
:icontazzie98:
Tazzie98 Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2012
I have three suggestion:
1. Go listen to something else.
2. Find a radio station that suits your style of music.
3. Stop listening to music altogether.
:iconviolentmeeker:
ViolentMeeker Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2012
Great Scott! I've never seen this thread before! Seriously, why don't people focus their rage on something that actually matters and stop acting like children.
:iconbrokenbiro:
BrokenBiro Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Because they are children? :|
ViolentMeeker Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012
Fair enough.
:iconlobosabio:
LoboSabio Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2012
Or, in my case, an adult who doesn't like to admit they're an adult.
HorrificSensation Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2012
*shrugs*
yeah i dont really care im just gonna let all of you keep talking to yourselves XD lol
ViolentMeeker Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2012
Why did you create the damn thread in the first place then?
:icontidal-wave-art:
Tidal-Wave-Art Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
She's trying to hide the fact that's she's angry because she made an idiot out of herself making this thread.
idk at the time, was bored
:iconrobstrand:
RobStrand Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2012
Because it's the same recycled bullshit with the same rhythmic beats as the next song, and only change a note or tempo.

What really pissed me off when they rip off classic music, like Queen, or The Rolling Stones.
:iconn0hav0cyet:
n0hav0cyet Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Wow, lots of whining is shown on this thread. :roll: Well fuck me.

There is a difference between "good" music and "entertaining" music. The music you hear on the mainstream nowadays is not that bad constructive-wise, but I feel it's just ruined by an overrated idea that people wanna listen to it. All I hear in pop songs now is subjected to alcohol, dancing and sexual intercourse. Not something little kids should be hearing...

Now does that mean people who like that kind of music are bad? No, they just have a different taste in music. Just like how I have a different taste with movies: some friends of mine like the 'TCM' remake for it being grittier while I prefer just the original for it's atmosphere. I also have a taste in all kinds of music, excluding rap since I personally find it degrading. Though I do consider myself a "metal head" from time to time. :XD:

Oh. I do NOT listen to the latest pop songs. I listen to the 80s. 8-)
I do agree with you on almost every thing you said except for that you're kidding yourself if you believe singing about drugs,sex, and dancing is a trend that only started now.
:iconn0hav0cyet:
n0hav0cyet Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I never stated that it started now, since it obviously has been LONG before that. I am just saying it's what little kids are listening to more often nowadays is all. Something that's pretty much scaring me.
:icongorgonbreath:
gorgonbreath Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2012  Hobbyist
There's certainly a lot of tuneless pap around. What i most object to is a half decent song being interupted halfway through by an arse-ache of a rapper. Or a an arse-ache of a rap song being briefly interupted by a half decent female vocalist,this seems to be of the fashion at the moment. :D

It's vaguely disturbing that a lot of adults want to duet with Justin Bieber,it's like they're trying too desperately to leech of his fanbase. Nicki Minaj rapping about Justin's "wiener" is arse-achingly embarrassing and makes her sound like a pedophile!
:iconratpackswaggah:
RatPackSwaggaH Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2012
Passion Pit's Gossamer is one of my favourite albums of 2012, and they're pop. You can't expect to find good music if you're too busy hating on the artists on the radio. :shrug:
:iconzbugni:
zbugni Featured By Owner Nov 2, 2012  Hobbyist
Everyone's assuming you're an annoying hipster, but todays pop music really is kind of bad.
:iconrelaxn:
Relaxn Featured By Owner Nov 2, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Because you touch yourself at night.
Tidal-Wave-Art Featured By Owner Nov 2, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
God, why do people who hate today's music always hold themselves on such a high pedestal? I'm just gonna guess that you're some hipster that's trying to look unique and gain acceptance by complaining about something that's so easy to avoid. My biggest guess is that you haven't/ don't even listen to the music and just complain because it looks cool and because everyone else is doing it. You should listen to a song because you like it, not because of what year it's from or what genre it is. Idiot.
:iconveronicaloveless:
VeronicaLoveless Featured By Owner Nov 2, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
There are some pop music out there that are good, the problem is the mainstream pop scene isn't. Now I don't know what you constitute as 'good' but Nicki Minaj singing? rapping? about how her panties come off when she sees guy A or how starships are meant to fly does not constitute a good pop song to me.
Listen to a pop song now and I'd bet you a thousand bucks it is about sex. This isn't the message we want kids to hear but these pop songs are everywhere.
People say the same thing every generation. It's been like that for quite a few decades now. Nothing's changed. Trust me, in the future, the majority of those song and singers will be forgotten. Only the songs and singers that had an impact on people will pass the test if time.
:iconrasec-wizzlbang:
Rasec-Wizzlbang Featured By Owner Nov 2, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
The only good Pop I've ever heard was Michael Jackson.
:iconrandomrobskii:
RandomRobskii Featured By Owner Nov 2, 2012  Student Filmographer
My god, if you're a metal fan, so help me...

They're all so elitist. I remember being in the metal phase for a while and had to try to pretend I didn't like McFly, Backstreet Boys, Elvis or all the other stuff that's totally not cool because metal/rock/punk is ALWAYS better, apparently.
Scee-Kel Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2012
...I like metal. And new age/electronica. Along with willingly listening to some more pop-y bands like Parachute and Queen. Not all fans are elitist.
RandomRobskii Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012  Student Filmographer
I'm talking the full on fans of metal here. The ones that live and breathe it. Even if you're one of those, are you seriously going to tell me you've never come across someone who's gone 'Bob Dylan?! But there's a harmonica! And it's the wrong sort of guitar!!! Therefore he's automatically well shit!!'? To be fair, you can fit in any other group or artist in there.

Wow, super mainstream you guys, I'm so non conformist I only listen to the underground shit that no-one's heard of. (I've heard that one a fair bit too. C'mon. You MUST have heard people talk like that)
Scee-Kel Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012
Honestly, I haven't been able to find any full-blown metalheads. But I have heard people talk like that, and I do agree that they're practically brick walls.
:iconthe-uglytruth:
The-UglyTruth Featured By Owner Nov 2, 2012
Hey now, I am a metal fan that has a broad taste in music. :saddummy:
Fair enough, it's not everyone. But c'mon, you can't say you've never run into the sort that go 'this group!? But they don't have x and y characteristics of metal, they're well shit!'. ?? :lol:
All the time! I rolled with a pretty cool crowd though. They were a local metal band and they'd spoof cover random classic rock songs for laughs.

I tend to avoid people with too narrow of mindsets. :nod:
I get the feeling OP is one of those guys. :lol:
The bunch you hung around with sounds cool! I remember being around a bunch of people once and if it wasn't Disturbed, it was shit. That mindset annoys the crap out of me.

It's always cool when you get someone who can go from listening to Black Sabbath to Britney and not complain. I like mindsets like that. :nod:
They were cool! And fucking amazing musicians.

Then I moved to find work. :saddummy:

I am not a huge fan of Britney, but I do have a pretty broad taste of music. I shamelessly listen to Dubstep and Snoop Dogg when I feel like it.

Haters gonna hate.
HorrificSensation Featured By Owner Nov 2, 2012
i like metal because i like it... its not a "phase" ive been listening to metal music my whole life so how is that a phase lol
Where did I say it was your phase? :lol:

But mostly, I don't think you have a broad taste in music. It's always metal or nothing with you folks.
metal isnt the only genre i like
Let me guess, you also like a bit of anything-core, too? :lol:
thats not a genre and i dont like just anything
Oh yeah? Enlighten me as to what true gems of music that you like.
:iconsoda-with-cyanide:
soda-with-cyanide Featured By Owner Nov 2, 2012  Student General Artist
Not all modern music sucks; it's true that most of the music we hear on the radio or tv sucks, but that doesn't mean all modern day music sucks.
:iconssensory:
ssensory Featured By Owner Nov 2, 2012   Writer
I also agree with statements before, music has always been bad. We just only remember the good stuff from way back when. However, it did take more talent in the years before today..

But I do like music that doesn't require talent such as, dubstep and ke$ha.

I prefer music from the 1900's over today's. xP
:iconssensory:
ssensory Featured By Owner Nov 2, 2012   Writer
***correction; [excuse my over-generalization] I also agree with statements before, that pop music hasn't gotten any worse, but I also disagree because you don't have to need talent today.
:iconrosleinrot:
RosleinRot Featured By Owner Nov 2, 2012   Photographer
I don't think there's a single generation since the dawn of music who hasn't been saying "oh my god guys the music my kids/friends listen to sucks."
:iconcylir:
Cylir Featured By Owner Nov 2, 2012
Because people are fucked up and don't know what music is.
Doesn't mean you have to disrespect... just listen to the music you like and keep your mouth shut whilst doing so because no one cares about pop and how much you hate it.
Add a Comment: