Blocked?! Seriously?

Obviously my account is very new, so I don't have a ton of friends yet. I've been frequenting the forums and have met lots of cool people, one of which put me on their watch and noted me just to chat. We noted back and forth a few times, as they were quite friendly and interesting to talk to. During this time they made a few slightly suggestive comments, as well as using :eyes: and :flirty: gratuitously. It made me a bit uncomfortable, so I casually and politely informed them that I was not interested in any sort of relationship.

And then was blocked. How annoying, not to mention uncalled for. :roll:

Here are a few bonus complaints: My back hurts like fuck and I don't know why, my awesome Halloween plans were derailed by my fun-hating mother, and I have to wake up before 7 tomorrow morning to drive said mother to some appointment, then wait there for over an hour before driving her home. Ugh. :smoking:
Comments314
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I got completely blocked by someone whose artwork I commented on. The comment was nothing more than "some more shading on the face and hair would be nice, and a bit more shape to the foot would help too, since it took me a while to figure out that she was supposed to be on her toes." I got a message back from that person telling them that they didn't want any critique and that if I couldn't say anything nice, that I shouldn't say anything at all. I honestly don't feel that I was out of line with my comment, since on the absolute worst level, it would be constructive criticism. Honestly, it was kind of baffling to me. . . and for several reasons.

1. I've never said something cruel about someone's artwork, and if someone said something similar to me, I would take it and try and improve upon my piece.

2. Completely ignoring someone's suggestions means that you think your artwork is perfect and cannot be improved upon. . . and that's never the case. xD

3. Making me unable to comment further on artwork and profile is quite unnecessary, given the harmless comment.

I'd really enjoyed all the people I met and spoke with on dA, but this really took me aback and I'm quite ashamed that there are immature morons who do this. And I guess someone could go out and say I'm immature for getting upset about this, but. . . it really bothered me. And I needed to share. :c

ALSO, there are creeps everywhere. I ran in to one fairly early on in my time on deviantart. This person wasn't looking for a relation. . . ship? though. xD I'm sorry you had to be bothered by that, it's a pain.
Wow, that's absolutely ridiculous! I actually have a personal 'policy' on trying to make EVERY comment that I write constructive. It's really hard sometimes to figure out how to give positive feedback and give them stuff to improve on, and I know I'd be incredibly insulted if I got blocked for it.

I agree with you that that was incredibly out of line. I mean, if you're not looking for feedback from people, fine. Disable the comments. But you can't say 'Ooh la la, I'd love to hear all you people gushing over my art, but I don't want to hear any way I could work to improve'. Obviously that's a bit of an exaggeration, but the point stands - if you want everyone to act like the sun shines out of your drawing's ass, then don't post it on deviantART. :shrug:
This just made my day. :heart:

Also, Leafeon is a bad ass. Just sayin'.
Ahahaha, glad to have helped! :aww:

I know, right? Totally my favourite of the Eeveelutions, all of which are pretty badass. :D
My personal favorite would be Galceon, on account of I'm a huge fan of Ice-type Pokemon. I had both a Leafeon and a Glaceon on a team once, though, and they worked really well together. ^^'

Umbreon, unfortunately, is kind of lame. . . for a person who battles like I do, I guess. They look really awesome, but I'm more of an offensive person rather than a defensive person, which is typically the role they play in the games.
Haha, Glaceon's my third favourite, after Leafeon and Espeon. I'm pretty much the same as you, I battle a ton and I prefer Pokemon that hit fast and hard. Why focus on defense if you can OHKO everything instead, right? :D

Agh. I am SO HAPPY to have finally found someone who agrees with me on that! I mean, it looks really badass and I LOVE the shiny version, but in-game it's pretty useless unless you're into hardcore competitive battling strategy. I did have an Umbreon on my team for Pokemon Colosseum. It didn't see near as much action as my Espeon, but he was useful to have around every once and a while in the double battle format. :nod:
Most of the time, each Pokemon on my team has one defensive move (once I've found a good one to teach them or they reach a high enough level to learn it themselves). Something to boost their stats, or to keep them from getting stupid stat problems. It's helpful if I know a battle is going to be a longer one.

I miss Pokemon Colosseum! I used to play it with my friend Kaity allll the time! I don't remember most of the Pokemon I'd use, but we'd play it all day long. I never owned the game or system, though, so I didn't actually play through the game, just the battling with friends part.

For some reason, my boyfriend just clicked on a YouTube video called "Ash Catches Tepig." Ash threw the stupid Pokeball AT Tepig's head. xD Poor guy.

HEY, I heard there's a new Pokemon game out called Black/White 2. Would you happen to have played it? I'm going to be buying a 3DS sometime in the near future, and I've been wondering how it's different from the regular Black/White games. . . which. . . I never finished. xD
some people have blocked me when I say obvious jokingly stupid childish stuff like "poop" and "smell my fart".
LOL. You said 'smell my fart' to someone on the internet? :O
...she says it all the time.
God, I need more tea to deal with the Complaints forum today.
I don't know if tea will do the trick. Try ice cream. :pat:
Just some sugary substance to be awake.
View all replies
:iconsonotimpressedplz:

I was kind of tempted to block you, but the entire point of doing that would've been to see your reaction, which I wouldn't have been able to witness if I had you blocked. How disappointing. :saddummy:
Blocking? Sounds hot. :horny:
Well, people blocks others for all kinds of reasons. It is not a big deal that he blocked you, better to have those individuals at bay.
True, very true. :nod:
I would not take seriously being blocked. I mean, is the internet, unless is somebody you know in real life you should not take it as a big deal.

I have to recognice I blocked people whom I considered delusional or over sensitive after they got into a huge senseless butthurt rant, just to see their reactions. I do not get offended when blocked neither. Unless the person blocks you and directs others to harass you.

Anyhow, this is becoming like facebook, such a big drama. I tend to lol at those things. Life is more complicated than that
WHO ? WE NEED NAMES :la: