Why do so many people hate Hetalia and the people who enjoy the show?

I don't understand why?
It's not that bad of a show.
Some people hate it even though they never watched a single episode. :/

They even go as far as to saying that it's offensive.
How is Hetalia THAT offensive?
South Park, Family Guy etc make way more offensive jokes and people are ok with it.
It makes no sense to me at all.

Another thing that bothers me is all those people who call those who like it gay.
That's not right.
Just liking a show makes me gay?
What should I like to not make me gay? Football and sports?
Just so I can be another stereotypical guy in the world who only likes things to appear macho.
Please stop hating me and those who enjoy Hetalia you guys.
It's really immature. :/
(yes I'm back online even though I said I would leave.)

TL;DR stop hating the people who like the show
Comments1136
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I like it, but I don't go over the top about it and act like an idiot like most of the fandom does.
Mind you, most fandoms of anything kill people's perception of the product/game/show, go figure.
Holy shit this thing is still alive.
But it's not like I'm making it any better. :invisible:
Well, bollocks - I just posted about this in the 'War IS Kawaii' thread, but I'll copypasta it again here, because I'd really like to know what the deal with Hetalia is. Is it just not my thing, or have I just not watched it long enough? :?

I'm not a fan of Hetalia, but it's not that I find it offensive, but just bland. Am I missing something here . . . not much happens in the five minute episodes to live up to the amazing awesomeness people have made it out to be (though, given, I've only watched half the episodes - is there an amazing shift in quality coming up??).

And it's not that jokes go over my head or anything. I'm a history nerd, and I've wasted countless hours to Civ IV mods like RFC (which will punish you for NOT knowing history), so I'm just lost. I get the jokes, I just don't get the appeal of Hetalia Axis Powers. If I'm missing something, please tell me, because it's the type of thing I should enjoy. Really. :shrug:

Personally, I found 10:30-15:00 of this to be better than any episode of Hetalia while being just as "racist" with its portrayal of Italians (in fact, they call Alberto a "wop" in every other episode of 'Allo 'Allo), but about 25 years older than Hetalia.

Capt. Alberto: So-a you wanta to-a invadea the England?
Italian soldier: If-a the Ceasar can-a do it, we-a can-a do it! :lol:
Read your signature.

Then read what you just wrote as your complaint.
"Hetalia made war cute"
"I think nazis are sexy"
:stare:
These are things that sane Hetalia fans do not want to see.
I have no idea what Hetalia is. What is it another anime?
Hetalia is an anime where every country is personified as a stereotype of people from that country. The main character, North Italy, is very jovial and cheerful. He meets Germany and Japan and they form the axis.
Basically, Hetalia is crack history with cute anime characters depicting the countries. It's quite amusing.
Well, I used to watch the show, although I didn't think much of the first season for the reason that many others share. It was basically making world war 2 into some kind of super cute comedy, which is wrong in my opinion.
In response to your signature, I think Nazis are sexy, too.

[link] [link] [link]
Yeah, people have opinions, and mine isn't speaking higly of Hetalia. I had this shit shoved down my throat for two fucking years.WAR ISN'T COOL. It's not pasta and colors. It's fucking mud, diseases, blood, and cadavers. Go ahead, do the whole 'WAR IS SO CUTE' act, but people in my family who I know and LOVE, fought in this war, so I don't like jokes being made about it.

Don't mean to come across bitchy like I just did, but reason, people! War isn't a playground! If you think it's so cute, go sign up to go into it, and maybe if you're lucky, you'll only get a few fucking bullet wounds and the amputation of yourr right arm.

((Sorry if it offends, really. The show just pisses me off.))
I have a reason to dislike the show, I don't hate it, I just dislike it. I have a few friends who are crazy fanatics over the show, it pisses me off because they talk about it every day...EVERY DAY :iconfffuuuplz:

Also, when I gave the show a try, I turned it off halfway through, I just didn't enjoy it.

Also you signature....makes me very uneasy because war is a horrible thing that should never happen to anyone regardless what country it is.
I watched one episode, personally i thought it was awful. But your allowed to like what you like =). Why people hate it and the fandom? They're probably just annoyed with the all the fanart and fans squeeing about it. Don't let it get to you the only opinion that matters when it comes to stuff you like, is yours.
Oh I agree, thank you. :giggle:
I suppose it has something to do with how other people present the anime to others. You either get the fans who say "Oh hey you should watch this good anime. It's pretty cool in my opinion" and then you get the hardcore fans who would say "OH MAH GAWD U GUISE U NEED 2 WATCH THIS ANIME ITS LIKE THE BEST THING IN 4EVA IF U DONT LIKE IT UR AN IDIOT ITS KAWAII DESU" or something along those lines...

I've also noticed that many fangirls of Hetalia like to make yaoi out of it (for obviously reasons, as homosexuality was kind of hinted in the anime itself). Many people don't like yaoi and will most likely associate it with Hetalia, thus hate the anime itself. Another simplistic reason for not liking the anime would be that it's just simply not to their taste! The history element and the fact each episode only goes on for 5 minutes may not be to everyones liking :)

All in all, it's probably down to the hardcore fans making the fanbase look bad. Don't take other peoples hatred of Hetalia (or anything else, for that matter) to heart though; as long as you like it, that's all that matters :)
I guess, the hardcore fans tend to ruin everything though :ohnoes:
:iconsmokeybearplz::iconsaysplz:Only you can prevent shitty threads.
Only you can prevent shitty comments :giggle:
:giggle:
That was for yesterday. :la:
Thank you anyways though, my friend :iconjonathanthesmex: made it for us. :XD:
Aww why did it have to be a joke? It was pretty and flashy!! Actually I have to change my icon soon anyway so we're on the same boat XD
I've not watched it (I'm done watching anime)
And I don't hate the fans.
I hate the fact I can't search something like "Russia" on Deviant Art without having to add a whole bunch of things like -Anime - Hetelia -Manga.
Etc. and after all that it's still mostly anime crap (Due to some peoples poor tagging?)
That's my only beef with it.
Well you can look up almost anything and get unwanted results. :shrug:
It's not the unwanted results that bug me.
It's the lack of wanted results :D.