Japanese clients

I work for a japanese/american design agency, which is pretty awesome for a career. I just started dating one of my japanese coworkers, which is also awesome and important for later in the story.

This week, we had a group of guys from a big japanese startup come to work at our office on some new phone apps and learn about marketing for the US. They all dress like they're Korean pop stars, which is pretty funny. Especially a guy that wears neon pink framed eyeglasses and neon pink sneakers, whom the girls nicknamed "Pinky" within the first 10 minutes they saw him. :lol: Another guy has long hair and wore a kerchief (I shit you not).
Since the girl I'm dating is in marketing and is helping them, our boss has been insisting that she eat lunch and go out to dinner with him and the group practically every day since they got here. And since japanese culture is so formal and rigid when it comes to most client relations, she pretty much has to go and stay out as long as they do. So tonight turned into her being forced to hang out with 8 guys she thinks are creepy that dress like wannabe pop stars and our boss at a Thai restaurant for the second night in a row instead of going out for a nice dinner and having some drinks with me right now.

:iconasianfaceplz:
Comments39
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I pitty her, I would break tradition and be like "your all fakes, peace - got real man"
If you marry the girl, you get to have drinks with her every day. :nod:
Yes I would :B
Wow, this type of stuff doesn't actually exist in the movies but also in real life. oi.....that sucks, man. ><
sorry, I left out the just.
moral in this story, dont try dress like Kpop stars unless you are really Kpop stars..
Can't you tag along? Generally speaking, when I'm going out for dinners related to work it's always pretty much a given that I'll bring my SO with me.
But then again, I work in the UK...
Japanese are different. Plus, I don't speak Japanese, so it would be awkward.
... I'm sorry, I'm imaginationless today, but this seems apt: :iconnelsonplz:
She tells you she thinks they're creepy. If only you knew... :no:
You knew it! Deep down YOU KNEW IT! And 8 guys... it takes time! :noes:
Sucks to be you I guess...
Let me guess. These guys work in media.

Just imagine a bunch of Japanese guys walking around like :iconphotofinish:
like a gradient square with a logo?
hm... perhaps it's less creepy for her, when you join them.
how about asking your boss if you can com with them next time. this would also have the plus point that you'd be able to spend time with you girl. ^^
Ah well I won't be back at work until Monday. And it would be very weird for me to ask because we haven't told anyone we're dating, so I'd have to make up a really good story of why I should tag along.
As long as she doesn't cry, she'll be fine. Being above the age of 12 will help, too.

But seriously, young crying girls are like crack to those Japaneezees! It's like a freshly-gutted pig in a pit of rabid badgers, only much, much messier afterward.
You have no idea how relevant what you just said is to today.

They're making a multi-person photo album app and they were trying to figure out examples of how photos can make someone cry (happy cry).
This makes me happy cry all the time. I just melt when I see it.
[link]
I like little owls. We get them coming down the chimney and making themselves at home in our living room occasionally.