Shop More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
December 20, 2011
Link

Statistics

Replies: 92

MLP, Homestuck, Yaoi, Sonic and inflation....

:iconmcjaews:
McJaews Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2011  Student Digital Artist
Exasperation isn't easy to spell, but dA forces me to...
I like dA.. I really like going on dA and seeing what people from around the world can really do when they set their minds to it and crack the cs5 collection. Wonderful works of art litter the proverbial streets, and I cherish the moments where I find myself taken aback by something new and wonderful.
But "to deviate" means to stray from the norm. To take a detour. To be different and detach from the masses. To not upload a million drawings of homestuck trolls - riding my little pony-ponies while playing with sonic dolls that are making out with each other, disgussing who'd seme and who's uke, while their boobs start expanding to the point of cracking the monitor.

Not that making that piece wouldn't be technically challenging for most people on dA. It would require skill to even bring a few of those elements into one piece. But it would take from deviantArt what gives it its very name; deviance and Art.

The problem is however not that people upload insane amounts of this stuff, but rather that it gets favorited and commented and encouraged by the people who make the stuff themselves.

Let deviantArt be about DEVIANT ART! And go make a dedicated fan site for the fandom shit.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondavidscript:
DavidScript Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2011  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Wait, what's wrong with Sonic?
:icongashu-monsata:
Gashu-Monsata Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2011  Professional Digital Artist
What the actual fuck is Homestuck? Seriously. I keep hearing about it and seeing fanart everywhere of some weird purple zombie people, but I don't actually know what it is. Only now am I curious :lol:
:iconcomics4u:
Comics4U Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2011  Student General Artist
Ughhh *hides crappily made fanart*
:icontheokapiloveskiwis:
TheOkapiLovesKiwis Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2011
So, no popular stuff can be submitted?
I support underground stuff, but not a pretentious attitude towards the mainstream.
:icondunez:
Dunez Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2011
i crack a nipple.
:iconearthsick:
Earthsick Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2011
You must be new.

Also, screenshots go to photobucket, or your scraps.
[link]
lolwhat
:iconrandomrobskii:
RandomRobskii Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2011  Student Filmographer
:icondeadhorseplz:
:iconsoda-with-cyanide:
soda-with-cyanide Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2011  Student General Artist
Though you're for 11 months around here, you look really fresh... Meh, you'll get used to it. :shrug:
:iconaoishounen7:
aoishounen7 Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2011
:sing: Walking in a dead horse wonerland...
:iconaoishounen7:
aoishounen7 Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2011
*Wonderland
Add a Comment: