Why oh Why does it take so long to upload high res photos on here?!

It is so annoying! I have a high quality camera that takes high mp and hi res photos, so when I come on here they will upload and be really good! Yet it takes half an hour for the files to upload.
Its daft :(

Rant over. Does anyone know how to speed it up without changing the quality of my pictures? x
Comments34
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
The bigger issue here is that you need to get a tripod and proper lighting for what you're using that camera for. There's no excuse to produce photos with shoddy angles and poor, uneven lighting. At the very least, you could run your photos through Photoshop to correct the perspective and lighting before you upload.
Yeah, I get that and thank you for the feedback, someone has said something similar already and I do agree, I could be more patient with the presentation of my development pieces.

Thanks.
Just a tip, if you're gonna bother to take a really high res photo of your work, you might as well also mount the camera properly (especially to reduce blur and to square up the pieces to the frame), and then crop and color correct the pictures. Your art isn't bad, but the presentation could be improved.
Thanks for the advice, I do get that it needs better presentation sometimes, and when I get to a final solution it will be better presented.
At least you don't have dial-up, fucker. I can't even upload an avatar on my Internet. I have to drive all the way into town which is a HUGE hassle for me to do shit.
It probably has more to do with the size of the file. Try resizing it and making it smaller. Alternatively, buy a scanner.
I have one, I just work in oil a lot and even when it is dry the residue damages the scanner, as well as most of my work is a good deal larger than my scanner.

Thanks for the feedback though.
Oh dear Lord that poor Canon being wasted in photographing those things :(.
I just checked the camera. Dear God, that thing deserves a better home.
It does, it so does. It makes me feel all sad. My own camera is weeping for that poor predecessor's fate.
Want to explain that? Not everyone is a photographer.
Then why are you using such a beautiful camera!?
Get a scanner, for fuck's sake.

Please tell me it isn't yours and you just borrow it for those pictures and the camera is actually being used for its purpose by someone else.
Actually its none of your business.
It is, you made a thread concerning your camera's photos taking too long to upload.
Camera.

Thus your camera is within the topics we can discuss.

Stop wasting that beautiful machine.
I did photography, it is not my passion, I have a nice camera that I use rather than waste. Again, none of your business.

Thank you to all the people who actually answered my question and didn't insult or attempt to patronise me. Its just sad that some people need to be bitchy to make themselves and their work feel big.

Bye.
Because the magic internet elves have a limited loading capacity.
shouldn't have gone with that mexican modem.
You must be new to technology.
No... I'm not. I was just ranting.
either the images are too large or your internet connection is slow, take your pick.
Thanks, its established.
Because it's high resolution.
And a large file.
Duh.