Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 4, 2011
Link

Statistics

Replies: 33

Why oh Why does it take so long to upload high res photos on here?!

:iconuniquawitch:
UniquaWitch Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2011   Traditional Artist
It is so annoying! I have a high quality camera that takes high mp and hi res photos, so when I come on here they will upload and be really good! Yet it takes half an hour for the files to upload.
Its daft :(

Rant over. Does anyone know how to speed it up without changing the quality of my pictures? x

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondoomsday-device:
Doomsday-Device Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2011  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The bigger issue here is that you need to get a tripod and proper lighting for what you're using that camera for. There's no excuse to produce photos with shoddy angles and poor, uneven lighting. At the very least, you could run your photos through Photoshop to correct the perspective and lighting before you upload.
Yeah, I get that and thank you for the feedback, someone has said something similar already and I do agree, I could be more patient with the presentation of my development pieces.

Thanks.
:iconcaptainoblivion:
captainoblivion Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2011
Just a tip, if you're gonna bother to take a really high res photo of your work, you might as well also mount the camera properly (especially to reduce blur and to square up the pieces to the frame), and then crop and color correct the pictures. Your art isn't bad, but the presentation could be improved.
Thanks for the advice, I do get that it needs better presentation sometimes, and when I get to a final solution it will be better presented.
:iconmegstiel:
megstiel Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2011  Student General Artist
At least you don't have dial-up, fucker. I can't even upload an avatar on my Internet. I have to drive all the way into town which is a HUGE hassle for me to do shit.
:iconlobosabio:
LoboSabio Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2011
It probably has more to do with the size of the file. Try resizing it and making it smaller. Alternatively, buy a scanner.
I have one, I just work in oil a lot and even when it is dry the residue damages the scanner, as well as most of my work is a good deal larger than my scanner.

Thanks for the feedback though.
:iconangelishi:
angelishi Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2011  Hobbyist General Artist
Oh dear Lord that poor Canon being wasted in photographing those things :(.
:iconlobosabio:
LoboSabio Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2011
I just checked the camera. Dear God, that thing deserves a better home.
:iconangelishi:
angelishi Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2011  Hobbyist General Artist
It does, it so does. It makes me feel all sad. My own camera is weeping for that poor predecessor's fate.
Add a Comment: